Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Right Click Disabled (Read 33,391 times)
Alias

Right Click Disabled
Apr 25th, 2005 at 2:32pm

Just a small suggestion.....

I find the disabled right click on the database search annoying as often there are (long) website addresses etc listed that can't be pasted in to the browser.

Can this be removed?

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Re: Right Click Disabled
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2005 at 10:42pm

No, as it's done for a reason - try highlighting data & use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl/C instead !  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Alias

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2005 at 6:42pm

''try highlighting data & use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl/C instead''

Ah thanks I didn't know about that.

''No, as it's done for a reason''

Whats the reason?

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2005 at 10:57pm

I'm sure you could be told the reason, but the kickboxing monkeys would have to be dispatched to kill you... Undecided  Your Call!  Grin

And in case you doubt the existence of kickboxing monkeys, click the link below.  You'll need Windows Media Player enabled 8)

Edited:
www. holylemon. com/KarateChimp. html

# Dead link disabled ~ DaveM
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2007 at 2:41pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

haymee

How dare you control my browser!
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2006 at 11:26am

On your main site (not forums), why can I not right-click on any page (except google ads etc)?

I use Mozilla Firefox, love tabbed-browsing, and often want to open a link in another tab which requires a right-click. I may want to copy some text (e.g. a phone number!) to the clipboard, the easiest way to do this is to right-click.

But you are controling the way I use my browser. How dare you! Why?

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: How dare you control my browser!
Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2006 at 12:49am

If you are using Firefox, you can disable this "feature". Go to Tools > Options (on Windows) (or Edit > Preferences on Mac/Linux). Choose "Content", then click the "Advanced..." button next to "Enable Javascript". You should disable most if not all of the options in there to prevent websites taking control of your browser. This time, specifically, un-check "Disable or replace context menus". Right clicking will now work on this and any other site.

By the way, to open a new tab I click the middle button (i.e. the scroll wheel), which does so immediately. No sure if that's the default on Windows (I use Firefox on Linux).
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2006 at 12:52am by jrawle »  
IP Logged

krakan

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 6:46pm

or hold ctrl when you click the link..

don't know why the site creator is trying to disable right-clicks though - it's one of those things we all do when we first figure out how to do it, but then we usually grow out of it since it looks childish and doesn't achieve anything anyway..  Angry

IP Logged

apk1

Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 3:32pm

Having just found this site I have to say its great, but why cant I create a shortcut, or even save as a favourite ??? without this I have to keep retyping the address each time I need a phone number, eventually I will probably be lazy and forget or not bother.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 3:37pm

I assume you using Internet Explorer and are right-clicking and wanting to select 'Add to Favorites'.

You can do the same by going to the search page (or home page) or whatever page you want to bookmark, and selecting Favorites menu > Add to Favorites.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:38pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

dad2711

kent
Reply #9 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 7:31pm

ctrl c it does not work for me any ideas  Sad

dad2711 &&I try to find numbers :--  but now im getting better at finding them

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 7:39pm

What are you trying to copy? I cannot right click in Internet Explorer but I can copy numbers by selecting them and pressing Ctrl+C.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:39pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

dad2711

kent
Reply #11 - Mar 23rd, 2007 at 7:40pm

Well dave  i was going to say Internet Explorer but i just took the internet explorer of your posting by ctrl  c it worked this time  Smiley so it must have been me !

dad2711 &&I try to find numbers :--  but now im getting better at finding them

IP Logged

daveav650

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 4:59pm

I find this incredibly annoying, as when I was trying to send a message about a phone number not working, I couldn't cut and paste my message into the text box.

Anyways, I fixed this by following jrawle's suggestion of going into Firefox settings, Tools > Options (on Windows) (or Edit > Preferences on Mac/Linux). Choose "Content", then click the "Advanced..." button next to "Enable Javascript". And un-checking "Disable or replace context menus".

Oh and jrawle, I use Windows, and I just started using the middle button (the scroll wheel) to open new tabs, and I didn't do anything to enable this behaviour, so I think this is the default in Windows too.

So please could the site Admins change this annoying behaviour, as it doesn't stop what ever your afraid of, but it does annoy people using your site.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2007 at 4:59pm by daveav650 »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ˇ

Peterborough
Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:48pm

Sorry to say but I've been through "every" part of the site (accessible to users), highlighted text and then used "Ctrl-C" to copy text, and pasted it elsewhere. It worked every time and I'm just using the bog standard IE to browse.

You've got a problem with your system I'm sorry to say.  Undecided

IP Logged

daveav650

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 1:38pm

Control + C work for copying, on this site and others. But using the Mouse to Right Click and select Copy doesn't work by default on this site, but it does work on others. I have changed my Firefox settings to now enable right-clicking with the mouse to work on this site. So I'm sorrry, but that means that THIS SITE IS BADLY CONFIGURED, not my system.

Thanks

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge