Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,689 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #465 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:26am

smitch999 wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:49am:
Absolutely fabulous.
01506 421 712
for Sky Customer Services. What a difference it makes to the day you're having when you can just get through to the right person with no fuss and no great expense.

I find myself using this site almost every day now, it's saved me a fortune. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum smitch999.

It is good to hear of another active convert to the anti 084/7 cause.

I hope you will also consider writing to complain to the most abusive organisations, for which even this website is unable to find a geographic alternative phone number.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:27am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

cowudders14

Reply #466 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 11:35am

I tried a range of those numbers on the front page before noticing the many pages at the back!
FWIW, 01506 421 884 now appears to go straight through to Sky Talk customer services.

Great website - as many others have said, this site saves me a LOT of money! Thanks!

IP Logged

sleepyangel

Reply #467 - May 2nd, 2008 at 10:14am

Good Morning One&All
Iv just rung the number left above (01506 421884) Its a GOOD day!!
(Sorry bout previous post..unsure what happened, unless just 'balancing the good!!')

Anyway, I got a quick answer (within 6 rings) Very polite lady TRANSFERRED me to another department, that was Sky BROADBAND (so if you on that, this 01506 number is a good alternative that will work!!) They TRANSFERRED me to the TECHNICAL department for SKY who helped me. They would have helped me a whole lot better if I had been a SUBSCRIBER to SKY CHANNELS. So if you are, this 01506 number is a good one for you to use.
For freeview and freesat, they will still help if youre polite with them I suppose, but the number they gave me for the TECHNICAL SUPPORT for FREEVIEW and FREESAT card holders is 

08448 244400

I know its not geographical, but apparently if you DONT ring at a busy time, like a storm or something, Janice says that people get thru quite quickly. I asked many many times for a landline geographical number, she made out she didnt know what I meant, saying to me that they all go thru a switchboard etc etc, (SO do landlines  Shocked DER!!) the usual stuff these people try and fob us off with.. anyone would think it was coming out of thier pockets  Grin

I also made a strong point of telling her that the MAIN reason I wasnt a SKY subscriber for TV and Broadband was entirely because of the 0870 numbers I would have to use. The call was being recorded for their training apparently, so maybe if a few more of us told companies this, they would stop using 0870 altogether ... and then that pig I saw flying  Shocked through the air hanging onto the back of a VW camper van .... Wink blah blah

What Id like to know is WHY do they keep 'disabling' the numbers we find??

I hope the number I have got for you all is a help. At least it may be cheaper than the 0870;  Undecided

IP Logged

sleepyangel

Reply #468 - May 2nd, 2008 at 10:19am

Grin THIS WORKS TOO 01506 421 712 PRESS 2 for TV then 2 for OPTIONS WOW  Shocked Grin

IP Logged

j1mster

It's not big, but it IS
clever! ;-)

Reply #469 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:24pm

sleepyangel wrote on May 2nd, 2008 at 10:19am:
Grin THIS WORKS TOO 01506 421 712 PRESS 2 for TV then 2 for OPTIONS WOW  Shocked Grin

Hi, I used the number quoted and managed (eventually) to get where I needed. Took a lot of "I dialed this number" and "I can't ring 07 or 08 numbers" etc  Wink so thanks to sleepyangel

Anyway, whilst on to c/s I was informed that from July 1st 2008, ALL "SkyTalk" customers will have free calls to ALL customer service departments. Whether this actually happens remains to be seen but you have to admit, it's very nice of Sky to give it's customers a free service with which to complain   Smiley  It must be about to cost them a fortune, or, does this mean the other prices are about to go up again.....   Angry

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #470 - May 4th, 2008 at 2:41pm

j1mster wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 12:24pm:
It must be about to cost them a fortune, or, does this mean the other prices are about to go up again.....   Angry

Don't worry, Sky has made sure it won't lose money - check out the massive increases to the cost of calling all non-Sky 0845 and 0870 numbers HERE.

OTOH, those who left their line rental with BT will be able to defeat that by using the 1280 prefix (unless they're calling Sky).
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 2:47pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

lucifee

Reply #471 - May 8th, 2008 at 2:42pm

For joining sky talk i rang 01506 421712, and did not key in any numbers when prompted twice and then didnt key in my phone number when prompted.  It then put me thru to an advisor who signed me up.  They still kept me on the phone for ages though!

IP Logged

galaxy

Reply #472 - May 9th, 2008 at 8:02pm

I have just started having a system error on my Sky+ box. On the onscreen message it asked me to phone 0870 800800.  Instead I tried 01506 421832.  I got the usual "Press 1 for ...." etc, but it worked and it was free to me on my tariff.

Many thanks to the original poster of that number. Wink

IP Logged

Luxembourg_Par

Reply #473 - May 11th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Hi

Do any of these numbers go to CS dept NOT in India?

thanks

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #474 - May 11th, 2008 at 9:23pm

Welcome to the forum Luxembourg_Par. I don't know whether they do or not - I'm sure someone said before that they spoke to a Scottish person when calling so they might go their to Scottish customer service centres. You will have to try them and see.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

sleepyangel

Reply #475 - May 12th, 2008 at 10:54am

Grin Laughter bout the Indian bit!! Most call centres are based there tho eh?
Re: the 'Scot'...I got thru to a scot on the initial 'switchboard call' but the following departments spoken to were Leeds, Maidenhead and Uxbridge....so either way, all seeeeeemed to be in the UK.. Smiley.
So I guess it's one up to sky (HI 5!)  Cheesy for that I suppose, if nout else!! Wink

IP Logged

Luxembourg_Par

Reply #476 - May 13th, 2008 at 11:07am

sleepyangel wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 10:54am:
Grin Laughter bout the Indian bit!! Most call centres are based there tho eh?
Re: the 'Scot'...I got thru to a scot on the initial 'switchboard call' but the following departments spoken to were Leeds, Maidenhead and Uxbridge....so either way, all seeeeeemed to be in the UK.. Smiley.
So I guess it's one up to sky (HI 5!)  Cheesy for that I suppose, if nout else!! Wink

EVERY time I try to speak to someone in billing, I get an Indian.

It gets very annoying, being continually asked to speak louder, and to spell difficult words like 'London'.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #477 - May 13th, 2008 at 11:15am

Maybe their billing department is in India? Unfortunately, there isn't a lot we can do about that.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Luxembourg_Par

Reply #478 - May 13th, 2008 at 11:47am

jgxenite wrote on May 13th, 2008 at 11:15am:
Maybe their billing department is in India? Unfortunately, there isn't a lot we can do about that.

No, when I bite the bullet, and dial the 08702 number (which is being stopped soon) I do sometimes get through to the Dunfermline call centre. (maybe 1 in 3...)
When I dial the 01506, I never get them, always - 100% of the time - get a hard-of-hearing, hard-of-thinking, Indian chap.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #479 - May 13th, 2008 at 12:00pm

While I appreciate that you do not like Indian call centres (I don't know anyone that does), please keep your unconstructive comments off the forum.

Which 01506 number are you calling? Are you calling the customer services (01506 421712) number?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge