Send Topic Print
Ebuyer (Read 131,197 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Ebuyer
Reply #60 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:35pm

saxo_appeal wrote on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:25pm:
Tried calling Ebuyer an hour ago and they are wise again unfortunately. The recorded message says this "This number is no longer in service, please call the 087" etc etc.

That goes for the 2 numbers on this site which are: 01430 433701 and 01430 433702

help !! lol  Sad

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

I have now removed these two numbers from the database. As I said above, Ebuyer's numbers are 01430 4336xx and 7xx.

It is entirely possible that, having become aware that the proper (01430) numbers for general customer services had been compromised following their listing on this website, that they now have moved them to other numbers not in these ranges.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:40pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

idlehanz

Reply #61 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:07am

Baah Humbug Ebuyer getting the Christmas spirit.

Well I must say it annoyed me this morning. Since I had reason to call ebuyer on account of having had to return goods to them that were faulty and them emailing me to tell me they had no stock to send a replacement. Did I want to pay for a call to discuss that?? hmm not really.

So i rang 3 numbers in the range for ebuyer. Third time lucky.

01430 433771 - Ebuyer Business 2 Business sales number. Press 4 for customer services.

I am registered as a business with them, but have certainly never been given this number and don't have any business account, ie 30 days credit terms, with them.

Would be interesting to see how someone gets on with that number if they are registered as a consumer.

For returns: 01430 433971
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:18am by idlehanz »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #62 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:33am

idlehanz wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:07am:
So i rang 3 numbers in the range for ebuyer. Third time lucky.

01430 433771 - Ebuyer Business 2 Business sales number. Press 4 for customer services.

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Splendid work! You've done it!  Grin

Business to Business Sales is on quite a few other nearby numbers as well. I believe that the non-business number we were looking for is 01430 433780, so I've listed this!

See how long it takes them to change it.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

idlehanz

Reply #63 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:47am

Nice!!
One day they will get board of playing this game and accept that some of us will just not accept paying them extra revinue to contact them. To be honest for me it's only when I have need to if there is a fault or issue that's not easily resolved through there email system. I've never thought it fair to make customers liable for call costs when a supplied product is defective or damaged in transit or email correspondance received doesn't make sense.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #64 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:54am

It must cost them a lot to keep swapping their numbers over all the time...

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

mainbass

Reply #65 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm

There are acouple of posts on this forum http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=329165&fo...; from Armando Sanchez who claims to be Ebuyers Operations Director & in one he says "The Direct Dial to my land line is 01430 433 616
For those of you who do call me on the 0871 number, I will also gladly refund your call charges.
Once again, thanks to all for bringing this to my attention.
Thanks
Armando"

Good luck.

IP Logged

idlehanz

Reply #66 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm

indeed. Internal admin costs. That's why I think eventually they will want to stop playing the game and just accept that some people will always look for an alternative whilst others will accept0870 type number without any question. They will still get some revinue.

IP Logged

adrianjpugh

Wolverhampton
Reply #67 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:17am

Looks like all numbers quoted in the above forum posts have now been changed.  You are therefore forced into dialling one of the 0871 numbers in order to contact Ebuyer unless people know of any new numbers that have been issued.  If so please post here and update the entries for Ebuyer.

adrianjpugh  
IP Logged

mainbass

Reply #68 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:46am

mainbass wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm:
There are acouple of posts on this forum http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=329165&fo...  from Armando Sanchez who claims to be Ebuyers Operations Director & in one he says "The Direct Dial to my land line is 01430 433 616
For those of you who do call me on the 0871 number, I will also gladly refund your call charges.
Once again, thanks to all for bringing this to my attention.
Thanks
Armando"

Good luck.

Has anybody had any luck with Mr Sanchez?

IP Logged

mickmassie

Reply #69 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:02pm

The 01430 433780 does not work any more (it did yesterday). What a waste of time.

IP Logged

idlehanz

Reply #70 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 5:13pm

You could try 01430 433731 - Ebuyer reception

IP Logged

armandoebuyer

Reply #71 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:53pm

This is Armando Sanchez with Ebuyer I see some of you are trying to speak to me. I've been reading through this post and can see that some of you have gone to a lot of trouble to get hold of us by using a local number. We sincerely do not want to upset our customers for 10p a minute, as we value your business very much.

Because of this I'm looking into this matter as it might be something we will eliminate going forward. We may possibly look into removing the 0871 number from Ebuyer,  this may take a few months to look into so please bear with me. In the mean time you can use this number to get through to Ebuyer customer service at a local rate, so your not being bounced around all over the place 01430 433605.

Thanks

Armando
Operations Director
Ebuyer

IP Logged

idlehanz

Reply #72 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:14pm

Thank you Armando,

Strategically, it's probably to your benefit to maintain your 0871xxxx number(s) to keep some revinue streams and not upset the balance of your company so much. As otherwise I'm sure your customers will see the short fall added in small extra margins on products.

Equally, I'm sure most of your repeat end user customer, which is a relatively high percentage, are more than used to using eNotes and do use this when necessary. Only choosing to call if something cannot easily be resolved through this route.

In the past 10 years buyer habits have change that much, that many people are more reluctant to call, perfering to email. Certainly with in the sub 40years age range. Above 40 years I'd still say that telephone is probably preferable if there's an issue.

Anyhow, thank you again.

By providing that number you open yourself to more positive feedback, allowing consumers who really do not wish to use 0871 to have a choice.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #73 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:33pm

The thing to do now would be to publicise the alternative on your website, allowing people the choice to call either the 01 number or the 087x number.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

TWeaK

Reply #74 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 9:51pm

Thanks Armando, your actions have increased my respect for Ebuyer. It's rare that as a company gets bigger its quality of service doesn't degrade, but Ebuyer has shown that it values customers countless times - I can speak from personal experience on this.

As idlehanz pointed out, many younger people tend to prefer email and eNotes as a method of contact instead of telephone. One thing I would like to point out is when you attempt an RMA in most cases you have to call to get it authorised. Incidentally, that's why I'm on here looking for the alternative number Wink

Perhaps it would be an idea to offer a landline number for this situation. I know the number is 0845 instead of 0871, and as such will be inclusive on most landline packages and cheaper on others, but my mobile is my main tool for calling and I wouldn't call any 08 number if I can help it. Failing that, a callback service could be used or include RMA's in the eNote system. The former would obviously be expensive and probably not viable, but I seem to remember in the past RMA's used to be authorised online, and I don't think anything is said over the phone that couldn't be dealt with via eNote.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge