Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Nationwide Building Society (Read 221,549 times)
sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Nationwide Building Society
Reply #120 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 8:23pm

Maybe they have switched numbers since being taken over by Lloyds?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #121 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 11:17am

Heinz wrote on Apr 20th, 2009 at 6:49pm:
They're all as bad as each other.

I opened a new fixed rate ISA this tax year with Lloyds TSB.  Told them I wanted to transfer in 2 previous years' ISAs and they said they'd deal with everything.

The first of those old ISAs, YBS, very efficiently added closing interest (within a day) and then sent a cheque in the post to Lloyds!

They've obviously never heard of electronic banking!

Same thing has just happened to me. Just heard from Bradford & Bingley that they have sent a cheque to Nat West to transfer my Isa

IP Logged

lavender

none

Wiltshire
Nationwide changed to 0845
Reply #122 - May 26th, 2009 at 1:47pm

Just to let you all know, that Nationwide - who were so friendly when I could phone my local branch with the geog number, now has a message on the phone, saying they have changed to 0845 2660328
I have done a search here, but no result.

lavender

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #123 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:43am

Hi Guys

I have been a Nationwide cutomer for 19 years now I joineed them when they were the Anglia. I have had a good service from them but they are over looking the telephone numbers as they are slowly changing to 0845 numbers or so it seems.

It does not bother me personally because I contact them on 0800 30 20 10 and say "Switchboard" and get put through to the relevant department, but what about all those customers that do not do this and use the 0845 numbers

Can we lobby the chairman or the present telecommunications director, and strongly suggest they use 03 numbers and not 0845 numbers.

If I can find the relevant contact I will post it here

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #124 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Please see earlier in this thread.  A number of us have fought a long and so far fruitless battle with this lot, they have ceased caring about the customer, like all the other banks.   The Chief Executive is Graham Beale, his email address follows the usual Nationwide format of forename.surname etc.  Please have a go at him & see if you can get somewhere, the rest of us had no luck at all.   Sorry to sound negative but it comes of long frustration!!

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #125 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 4:39pm

I see their 'international number' as they call it is, +44 1793 656789 which I assume translates into 01793 656789 would that work?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #126 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:05pm

« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:07pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

mainbass

Reply #127 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:29pm

Is there a translation from B S to English of this anywhere?  Grin

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #128 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 1:48pm

Dave wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:05pm:

However It doesn't seem to explain why they used 0845 instead of 0345 or why the rotten so and sos are shortly also bringing in the usual large bank cartel style swingeing charges for making cash withdrawals at overseas cash machines on their Visa Debit card.

The current directors of Nationwide must be fattening up Nationwide for a flotation as a bank at some point as there is no other possible explanation for their numerous anti customer moves over the last couple of years including also bringing in standard ripoff overdraft interest charges. Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2010 at 7:57am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #129 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 7:40am

NGMsGhost wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 1:48pm:
The current directors of Nationwide must be fattening up Nationwide for a flotation as a bank at some point....

You might be right. I've still got a pre "poison pill" account which I keep open just in case. It's always nice to know that a mutual organisation always has its members best interests at stake Shocked

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #130 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 10:55am

I believe that I have found the alternatives for the published 0845 266 xxxx branch numbers, although I note that they do not appear to go through to branches directly. We have, nonetheless, direct alternatives to ringing the published rip-off numbers.

Alternatives 0845 266 0xxx can be dialled using 01793 810xxx and 0845 266 1xxx can be dialled using 01793 811xxx.

Of the 01793 81 numbers I tried, they answered with the same recorded menu as the 0845 number I tried. When closed last night, the message on both was identical.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #131 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:20am

Dave wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 10:55am:
Alternatives 0845 266 0xxx can be dialled using 01793 810xxx and 0845 266 1xxx can be dialled using 01793 811xxx.

Of the 01793 81 numbers I tried, they answered with the same recorded menu as the 0845 number I tried. When closed last night, the message on both was identical.

Great work Dave.  How exactly did you manage to track this down.  Perhaps an inside tip from a member of Nationwide staff who supports this campaign. Wink

If so then I'm sure that you won't be prepared to reveal your exact source.  Alternatively perhaps it was simply a case of your usual legendary super sleuth and lateral thinking abilities

Of course I suppose that we should have known that not only do the ripoff 0845 numbers cost extra but that they also try to direct you to speak to a call centre employee if they possibly can. Shocked Angry

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #132 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:38am

NGMsGhost wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:20am:
Great work Dave.  How exactly did you manage to track this down.  Perhaps an inside tip from a member of Nationwide staff who supports this campaign. Wink

It was by chance. I was checking off Cineworld entries and found someone had submitted a number for Swindon cinema and a note saying that the number listed was incorrect. Tried the incorrect number and it went through to the Nationwide recording. After trying a few, I found them all to be the same and the penny dropped.

NGMsGhost wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:20am:
Of course I suppose that we should have known that not only do the ripoff 0845 numbers cost extra but that they also try to direct you to speak to a call centre employee if they possibly can. Shocked Angry

That is of course a separate issue.

For a few branches we have local geographic numbers now submitted. On this basis, I suspect that there are direct numbers to branches and these have the local STD code, so there's no practical way to work out what these are. Only if they are given out can they become known.

On a similar note, HSBC's internal branch numbers are published as 0845 58x xxxx, where the last six digits are the extension number. This is presumably some IP based system, but they all have underlying numbers where the 08455 can be removed and replaced with 01226.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #133 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 12:06pm

Dave wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:38am:
It was by chance. I was checking off Cineworld entries and found someone had submitted a number for Swindon cinema and a note saying that the number listed was incorrect. Tried the incorrect number and it went through to the Nationwide recording. After trying a few, I found them all to be the same and the penny dropped.

A fortunate coincidence indeed.  As the old saying goes its an ill wind that blows no good...................

<div style=

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #134 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 4:22am

This thread has been live for some time now and I think a large number of members have contacted a number of Nationwide employees over the years including the chief exec.

I have been sat here pondering on how a campaign could be started in support of 03 numbers and I thought of the Nationwide.

My suggestion is simple but may be effective, Nationwide can be contacted on the "FREE PHONE NUMBER" 0800 302010 this is the number for the switchboard I have been using it for years.

If all members start contacting the Nationwide via this number the volume of  calls will increase dramatically and what I suggest is that we all ask to be connected to the chief executives P.A. and request the abolition of 0845 numbers in favour of 01/02 or 03 numbers.

If we make enough calls on a daily basis and on the same number they will get the message because all the calls will be put through to the same person.

I suggest the call goes somthing like this

Calling the following number 0800 302010 will connect to the switchboard pressing the star key 4 or 5 times or saying "SWITCHBOARD" bypasses the menu and connects to the switchboard operator

Can you please connect me to XXXXXX the chief executives P.A. I will attempt to find out the most senior member of the society who's P.A. will take calls alternatively if any member has a name that would be great.

Just a though when dialling if the 141 prefix is used they will not be able to establish where the calls are coming from.

It''s a long shot I know and probably a little crude but as always can I have your thoughts please.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge