<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Green Banner (Read 8,479 times)
erin

Green Banner
Sep 21st, 2004 at 11:09pm

Please will someone explain to me why the green banner runs across  the bottom of the screen. I must be missing something for it appears to me that said banner is advertising the very things we are trying to get rid of.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Green Banner
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 5:13pm

I will try and explain the reasonings behind the banner, but please don't post the same type of message over and over again in different posts. - This will just clutter up the forum.

My website is not selling advert space to 0870 companies, and they are not sponsoring it. - The advertising campaign is currently being run through Google.

The site is offered as a FREE service to everyone (including you), and does have running costs - I'm sure most people don't mind what banners are being shown, if they are getting a free service in return.

Google do not currently have a way to block certain categories of adverts, although I have been manually blocking certain websites myself.  

Google adverts are randomly displayed based on the words used on a particular page, which is why different adverts appear on different pages.  - I have actually had positive comments regarding the adverts for 0870 numbers, that have slipped through my manual blocks.  It actually shows consumers how much money companies can make by using these numbers.

I would also like to make it clear that this is a personal site run by myself (Administrator). - I only have one person (Moderator) helping with the 'behind the scenes' checking/validating of numbers, etc.

Thanks
Daniel
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:22am by Forum Admin »  

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

erin

Re: Green Banner
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 9:19pm

Daniel, thank you for your reply. I posted only once - to a different forum and it was moved by someone at your end

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge