Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Holiday Inn Heathrow M4/J4 (Read 22,312 times)
MzGuilty

Holiday Inn Heathrow M4/J4
Jul 16th, 2005 at 2:40pm

Could anyone help me with a geographical number for the Holiday Inn Heathrow M4/J4 (I can find for other Holiady Inns, but not this one).  Many, many thanks

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Holiday Inn Heathrow M4/J4
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 3:04pm

You haven't provided much information to go on at all.  Roll Eyes

See ** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NUMBER REQUEST ** at the top of Geographical Requests section.

I checked the Holiday Inn website for the address and found that there are infact 3 Holiday Inns at Heathrow!

We have:
  • Ariel - 0208 7592121
  • Bath Road, West Drayton - 020 89900000

See Heathrow, Holiday Inn & Crowne Plaza. It mentions the number for M4, but it appears to be for Bath Road.

I presume that the HI you are after is:
SIPSON ROAD
WEST DRAYTON
UB7 0JU
0870 4008595

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 3:58pm

I wish I was better on the internet! Thanks for the prompt reply, but sadly that number wasn't for the correct hotel.  The Holiday Inn I am after is apparently on Sipson Road, UB7 0JU.  The number I have is 0870 400 8595.  I call this a lot as my friend stays there regularly, and the calls work out expensive!  It is known as the Holiday Inn M4/J4.

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 4:02pm

Dave .. sorry, I sent before editing!  You guessed right which was the correct Holiday Inn, but I'm after a geographical number as you know.  If you can find one, that would be great, if not, thanks for trying.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 4:47pm

The address is correct Dave.

A google search revealed this site (scroll down to the bit on Holiday Inn).  It gives a geo code of 020 845 1370.

The problem being there is a digit missing and it's NOT an extra 8 after the initial 020. In other words its NOT 020
845 1370) as this is a private number so please DONT ring it.

I've found two fax numbers for them.  They are:-

0208 897 6130
0208 897 8659

Dialling neighbouring numbers didn't come up with much - mostly just ringing out.  So it could be them just busy and the 0870 may go to several numbers or an answerphone.

Anyone have any other ideas?

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 4:59pm

I do appreciate you both trying to help.  I thought 0870 numbers came out of my "free" mobile minutes, but discovered they don't!  I'm going to have a huge bill.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 5:16pm

I suggest you ring the neighbouring HIs. See if they can give you an 020 'local' number.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 5:19pm

It also appears that this used to be a Forte Crest hotel, with the number 020 87592323, which is now out of service.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2005 at 5:22pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 5:25pm

I tried the other hotels Dave, we think alike!  They both gave me the 0870 number only. I also called the hotel in question, and they would only give me the 0870 number. Bandits!

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 6:09pm

Quote:
I do appreciate you both trying to help.  I thought 0870 numbers came out of my "free" mobile minutes, but discovered they don't!  I'm going to have a huge bill.  

What network are you on, and are you on contract or payg  there might be a way round it.

BJ.

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 6:17pm

Bigjohn, I'm with Orange, contract. I get 600 "free" mins a month, and always thought 0870 numbers were covered, but apparently not.  I've just noticed the other Holiday Inn my friend stays at regularly is also an 0870 number. ouch.  Not so bad if I am calling from home, but from a mobile when I talk for an hour or two .. it's very expensive!

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 7:06pm

Have you any idea what Orange charge to call an 0870 number? Can you ring them and find out. As it might be possible to get cheaper calls to 0870 using a freephone access no which Orange allow.But i need to know what they are charging to be able to point you in the right direction.

BJ.

IP Logged

MzGuilty

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 7:13pm

Orange charge me 10p per minute (I called to check)  They also charge to dial into other carriers, as I use OneTel which is an 0800 connection number and they even charge for that!

I tried calling the other Holiday Inn in London, which my friend uses, and they relucantly gave me the geographical number.  I thought I'd try the hotel he is using now, to politely ask again, but they refused saying "it isn't a BT number so we can't"  I am still trying to figure out that reasoning!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #13 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 7:38pm

Quote:
I tried calling the other Holiday Inn in London, which my friend uses, and they relucantly gave me the geographical number. ...

If it isn't in the database can you let us know what it is so we can add it to the database?

Also, why can't you ring your friend on their mobile?

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 7:38pm

OneTel continually change the 0800 access no to stay ahead of Orange ask them for the latest access no that is not being charged yet.

Another alternative is to use www.1899.co.uk they have an 0808 access no which has not yet been made chargeable by Orange.They charge 3p connection and 7p a min to 0870 numbers.Slightly cheaper then what you are paying.

Another couple of tips ring the no 0870 and tell them your credit is running out and you want to make a booking could they ring you back.See if a geo number is presented on your CLI if they ring.

The other thing you can try is ring the sister Heathrow hotels geo no, and ask if they could put you through as you are ringing from abroad and you cant get through on the 0870 number.The hotels switches are linked to one and other.

One of the reasons the staff dont know the no,is because they are brain washed by the management that there aint one!!!

BJ.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge