Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Blair, oliver and scott limited (Read 88,798 times)
nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Blair, oliver and scott limited
Jul 19th, 2005 at 4:43pm

Ive delt with this company before, and I belive they have changed their 01 number..

Now the point is, I called them on the 0870 850 1291 number. The call was verging on 10 minutes, and I got no where with them.

Asking for a direct number, there was no such thing apparently. Asked for supervisor, she said there is no such thing as a direct number, of course my reply was thats technicaly near impossible.. Trying so hard to get my account number and what not, obviously to track who I am LOL..

1. they advised a call back can be done, but Id have to call them first, so thats bloody useless when half the call was spent waiting.

2. I can go into the bank and use their phone, no thanks thats just inconvenient for me.

3. You require a touchtone phone at the start of the call to put in an account number, which I never do, but it took 4 tries before I was forwarded on..

So as it stands, I have a debt outstanding with them, but I refuse to use the 0870 as I know Ill need to talk to someone for a while, when I eventually feel I can.

Retail Bank collections
PO Box 607 (gotta love them PO boxes)
Trinity Road
Halifax
HX1 2UJ
0870 850 1291

Good luck trying to track this one, coz I cant even find their website no more.. So having dealt with them before, I already know how sh*t a company they are.

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Blair, oliver and scott limited
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2005 at 5:21pm

At first i thought we were dealing with a new political alliance Grin

However if you go to
www.blairoliverandscott.co.uk ;  

Then press on the Halifax link.You will see that this is an anti HBOS website.If you visit the forum you will discover that they are the debt collection dept of HBOS,and are wholly owned by them.

It gives an alternative number there 0131 442 7777,which is the number of the main HBOS switch presumably they can put you through.

BJ.

IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 4:04am

Thank you for that. I shall give it a whirl in later on (well its 4:03am now)

cheers

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

Sparkster222

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 4:16pm

Having the same problem as you but the number on the letter from them is 0870 240 5138,spoke to someone who also informed me that no local/national number existed,she also refused to call back as this number is incoming only??.
By the way the address I have is
PO Box 66,
rosythe,
fife,
KY11 2WG
Angry

IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2005 at 6:45pm

Ahh its just another reason to hate the bank manager now.. Take this discussion to www.halifax-online.info

Anyways, FIO will be applied to my next letter to them coz its getting quite pathetic now.. greeds SOBs!

IP Logged

Ken

Keighley, West Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 1:17pm

Blair Oliver and Scott Limited is yet another banking device to confuse cutomers. The address shown on their correspondence is PO Box 66  Rosyth  KY11 2WG. The PO Box and the post code is registered to Bank of Scotland. Directory enquiries (more than one version) don't list BO&S (odd, isn't it, that it's initials are B (Bank) O (of) S (Scotland). According to the listing at their registered office their business is something quite different to debt collecting. It also shows their telephone number (geographical) as the same as Bank of Scotland head office in Edinburgh.

This tends to suggest that the HBOS group of companies are not as open and transparent as they would have you believe. Strange to say, Blair Oliver are not listed on the HBOS website as a subsidiary.

Anyway, they are chasing me for a debt which doesn't exist, and with a bit of luck they will take the matter to Court so I can show the Court just how poor their systems are. After a full and final payment on a loan, two months later Halifax say there is still an outstadning balance. Oddly, at the time (November 2005) they did not record telephone calls, according to their customer relations department, and have no record of a call agreeing a settlement figure, but they now do record calls.

They aint getting any more money from me, though.

IP Logged

glasgowguy2006

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2006 at 2:54pm

I was very interested to learn that Blair Oliver and Scott Ltd, with whom I've been dealing for some time regarding an old overdfraft, are a De Facto part of the Bank of Scotland.

I've now arrived at a final solution to the Blair Oliver & Scott (initial BOS it was written on the wall all along!) problem. I've written to Bank of Scotland informing them that I will no longer acknowledge communication from Blair Oliver & Scott and since the remaining balance of the overdraft now equates to unauthorised overdraft charges that have been made on the account I will no longer be making payments to it.

Still I receive threats of legal action from the toothless dog aka Blair Oliver & Scott (now 14 days since their last threat of legal action unless I brought the payment plan up to date within 7 days). Still after more than 40 days I await information on the charges I requested under the Data Protection Act. I have taken the step of complaining to the Information Commissioner and the Office of Fair Trading.

I urge anyone else dealing with BOS and BOS to take the same action, excuse the pun - don't let them BOSS you around Smiley

And if Blair et al do want to take legal action then I look forward to seeing the proverbial egg on their faces in the Sheriff court.

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 10:19am

One of my clients with the Halifax was transferred to Blair Oliver Scott. I called 0131 442 7777 and this got me through to a swithcboard, (ask to be transferred) who then transferred me to BOS.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 3:33pm

Plenty of discussion on BO&S and HBOS. Google hbos blair oliver scottWink

IP Logged

A65Bill

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 2:04pm

Blair Oliver & Scott tell me they are <nothing to do with BOS> They don't call back as arranged & say there are no other numbers.  They also say <there is no point writing to us> Quite Amazing!! A call to 0131 442 7777 secured both an internal transfer (although Blair Oliver Scott then hung up) & a FREEPHONE number 0800 056 0808

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 5:23pm

0800 056 0808 is very obviously based in Scotland but they answer by asking for a reference number without saying who they are.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 6:12pm

That is often the case with debt collectors, not just this lot. Perhaps JohnnyDebt would be able to offer more info on this company, as it falls within his chosen path,  if he still subscribes here.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

LeeUK

NE UK
Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 9:41pm

Fee charging debt help companies are scum, just like 0870 numbers.

If you need help with your debts contact PayPlan or CCCS, which are both free.

IP Logged

Kiwi_g

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 12:04pm

If A65Bill was told that Blair Oliver and Scott have nothing to do with Bank of Scotland, someone’s telling porkies.

Blair Oliver & Scott’s registered office is at :-

8 North Bank Street
Edinburgh
EH1 2LP,

The registers of members and debenture holders are kept at :-

The Mound
Edinburgh
EH1 1YZ

They have only 2 shareholders :-

Bank of Scotland Edinburgh Nominees Limited, and

The Governor and Company of the Bank of Scotland.

Over to them……

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2006 at 4:09pm

http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/miscellaneous.php
       Creditor              Collection Agency        Solicitor
Bank of Scotland      Albion Collections      Blair Oliver & Scott    
They don't appear to be associated with any other bank or financial institution

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/insurance-assurance-companies/19130-b...
....and blair oliver and scott is just the bos collections department under a diffrent name.
The contributor, Holly99, appears to have worked for Bank Of Scotland.
Have a read.

This number has been mentioned a few times in forums as being from Halifax debt collectors, who, upon your contact to head office fail to identify the number. It would appear that Blair, oliver and scott limited also use it.
http://www.vnunet.com/articles/comments/2119583?page=5

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge