Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
How Can We Improve SayNoTo0870 - Part2 (Read 289,930 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: How Can We Improve SayNoTo0870 - Part2
Reply #90 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 8:47am

Dear All,

I just wanted to post a reply on this thread due to the number of comments recently that I have had to remove.

The recent comments cover three different points:  1)  Website Design.  2)  Removed Posts.  3)  Income from site.

I will therefore comment on each one separately.

1)  Website Design - The new website has been under development for some time and is almost there.  I will be posting a link on the discussion forum before it is made officially 'live' so that regulars can provide any feedback.  Realistically it is going to be a couple of months before the new site is made available.  The new website is going to have an easy option for visitors to report numbers working/not working.  This should hopefully reduce some of the work load on responding to individual e-mails and posts, and improve the website as a whole.

2)  Removal of Posts - Any posts that are untrue and incorrect will of course be removed.  Sometimes it is easier to edit the post and remove the offending line or two (if applicable), other times the full post itself will be removed - It is not possible to respond to each and every post of this kind, especially when some are made in either a malicious or mischevious manner.

As I'm sure you will all understand it is unfair to expect posts that are promoting or discussing copying parts of the website to be left in place.  Many hours are spent each day by myself and the moderators on the forum, database and responding to e-mails that are sent in via the website.  Any posts discussing such will be removed.  This is the same with most forums and not specific to this one.

3)  Income from site - I have no obligation to discuss this, but feel it is only fair to put my point across.  I have always been open and said that the website as a whole is privately funded by myself, and have never denied that income is received from the website.  I do NOT pay myself a wage, and on average the income received just covers the costs involved.  This ensures that the website and features available can remain free to use for visitors of the site.

A lot of money has been spent recently to have work done to improve the reliability and performance of the website.  This includes both software related and hardware upgrades to cope with increasing traffic.

I hope this clarifies some of the points put forward and explains the reasonings behind it.

Thanks for your continued support,

Daniel (Forum Admin)
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2010 at 8:51am by Forum Admin »  

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

1Razor

Living life one day at
a time....

Salisbury, UK
Reply #91 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:43pm

Getting back to improvements for the site:

How about arrows for page navigation on a multi page topic (next, previous, first, last).  The numbers are quite small and the bold highlight difficult to make out.

And why is my browser not compatible with Smiley buttons?? [Firefox 3.6.12]
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:48pm by 1Razor »  

Folding for Team 35947

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #92 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:48pm

1Razor wrote on Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:43pm:
Getting back to improvements for the site:

How about an arrow to take you to the next page on a multi page topic.  The numbers are quite small and the bold highlight difficult to make out.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Sadly, the forum software is way out of date. The best thing to do is to click the ... button next to the page numbers for one of the topics.

What's happening when you click them?

Works fine for me, I'm using that version of Firefox.  Smiley

IP Logged

1Razor

Living life one day at
a time....

Salisbury, UK
Reply #93 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:57pm

What's happening when you click them?

Works fine for me, I'm using that version of Firefox.  Smiley [/quote]

WOW thanks for the speedy reply Dave
ANS: There are no Smileys present - just the line

browser not compatible with theses buttons   -   can't understand why

Thank you for the welcome.
Used the site a few times now and added a couple of numbers so I thought I may as well become active.  A big thank you for all the work you're doing

Recently purchased an iPhone so looking forward to an App to becoming available!

Ray

Folding for Team 35947

IP Logged

1Razor

Living life one day at
a time....

Salisbury, UK
Reply #94 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 4:01pm

My BAD!  DOH!

NoScript active!  Once I allowed the site Voila! Embarrassed Embarrassed

Folding for Team 35947

IP Logged

carentrica

Rotherham
Reply #95 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 3:53pm

Are there any plans to provide a mobile version of this website? I would definitely welcome that.

Regards, carentrica

IP Logged

buzby316

Stirling
Reply #96 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 2:34pm

Any chance you could add a link to the unverified numbers, to verify them. Lots of numbers on site are listed as unverified, but I know of some which I could verify, but at the moment, don't know how to verify.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #97 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 6:01pm

buzby316 wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 2:34pm:
Any chance you could add a link to the unverified numbers, to verify them. Lots of numbers on site are listed as unverified, but I know of some which I could verify, but at the moment, don't know how to verify.

Post in Geographical Requests - click here with the Name of the company, the 08 number and then the varified 01/02/03 alternative and Dave or another Moderator will update the listings

Smiley

Also Welcome to SayNoTo0870.com

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

kaydee

Top Site! Death to 0871's
and 0844's!

Reply #98 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:45am

Hi - I did try a search but did not find an answer so here goes!
I have found that when searching for an alternate number the search engine is very specific - if you search for eg 01234 567 7899 it will not list any numbers, but if you search again for 012345677899 it will give alternate numbers.
Is there any way of setting the search to work out the space / no space in the number?
Thanks for the great site!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #99 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:09am

kaydee wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:45am:
Hi - I did try a search but did not find an answer so here goes!
I have found that when searching for an alternate number the search engine is very specific - if you search for eg 01234 567 7899 it will not list any numbers, but if you search again for 012345677899 it will give alternate numbers.
Is there any way of setting the search to work out the space / no space in the number?
Thanks for the great site!

Hi kaydee. Please can you post an example as as far as I know it does work with and without spaces in a telephone number.

IP Logged

kaydee

Top Site! Death to 0871's
and 0844's!

Reply #100 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:50am

Dave,
I must most humbly apologise!!
This was something that has thwarted me in the past, and after a successful search this morning followed by a look in the forum, my addled brain suddenly thought - 'remember you couldn't find a number cos etc' and I posted my query without checking to see if things had changed!
And of course I can't remember now which searches in the past caused me problems!!
I promise to do better research in the future before bothering people!!
Sorry,
but once again, many thanks for a really useful site!
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:51am by kaydee »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #101 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:11pm

kaydee wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:50am:
Dave,
I must most humbly apologise!!
This was something that has thwarted me in the past, and after a successful search this morning followed by a look in the forum, my addled brain suddenly thought - 'remember you couldn't find a number cos etc' and I posted my query without checking to see if things had changed!
And of course I can't remember now which searches in the past caused me problems!!
I promise to do better research in the future before bothering people!!
Sorry,
but once again, many thanks for a really useful site!

Thanks for responding to my question. Good to hear it works for you now.

Please do join in, reporting non-working numbers and unverified working numbers via the forum (in the Geographical Requests section) so we can make the listings better. I or one of my colleagues will pick up on these updates and do the necessaries.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2011 at 12:12pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jtv

London
Reply #102 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 3:27am

Hello Dave
I have just joined this site through a friend and was wondering what if the community were able toadd 08 numbers that have been changed to some other number, I have had numbers that have and these have not been included on this site ; can I add these

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #103 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:47pm

jtv wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 3:27am:
Hello Dave
I have just joined this site through a friend and was wondering what if the community were able toadd 08 numbers that have been changed to some other number, I have had numbers that have and these have not been included on this site ; can I add these

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Yes, updates on existing entries are always welcome, including those where 08 numbers have changed.

If you post them in the forum they are usually picked up on quickly by myself or one of my colleagues. Submitting to the database means they go in at the bottom whereas when a message is posted in the forum, we can update existing entries.

Alternatively, you can notify me privately by private message (when you've made five postings) or by e-mail to dave {at} saynoto0870 {dot} com.

IP Logged

Andrew_S_Hatton

Maldon, Essex, England
Reply #104 - May 6th, 2011 at 10:52am

My experience of using site today - not a complaint.

I found information I needed via a message about an unverified number and in an effort to help, wanted to confirm the information in the message.

I followed instructions, was directed to 'contact us' link and duly completed web based form to only then see the advice about posting info into Forum.

Time was short I was not then going to redo my message however if initially I had been directed to login page on forum as an alternative to the web based contact form, I would have used the forum instead.

Maybe I miss read something, that is very possible, I am not going to join in a debate about this and do not need a response, but if my report is of use - good - if not - sorry - please disregard it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge