Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ENGAGED TONE 18866 & 1899 (Read 6,599 times)
TonyB

Innocently looking to
save money!!!!

York
ENGAGED TONE 18866 & 1899
Nov 12th, 2005 at 5:36pm

Angry It would seem that these systems are now oversubscribed as for the last few weekends in particular I have found it practically impossible to make any use of these numbers.
Are there any alternatives which even though perhaps sponsored by the same Finera are not oversubscribed & offer 0p per min?
TonyB Cry

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: ENGAGED TONE 18866 & 1899
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 5:56pm

This is normal during the weekends for both 18866 & 1899.

As you say they are over subscribed and obviously weekends are the busiest period for them as most people are off then.

Normally depending which landline provider you are with you can use them at weekends as most give you free weekend mins to 01 & 02 numbers included in the monthly line rental fee.

I discovered this over 6 months ago whilst waiting for our free evening&weekend package with onetel to start.  Until our free evening&weekend package had started we had to use Call18866 exclusively.

Now thanks to the Orchid dialler all our calls are routed via Call18866/1899 during the daytimes and during the evening & weekend its routed via OneTel.

Who is your landline provider and what package are you on?

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 6:13pm

The only other alternative using a short code is 18185(Connection Fee 4p),this is also congested at weekends. The congestion appears to be worse in certain parts of UK,luckily i dont suffer from it on South Coast.

As BBB_Uk suggests at evening and weekends,particularly at weekends perhaps one of the free call providers might be a better bet.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2005 at 6:15pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

TonyB

Innocently looking to
save money!!!!

York
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 10:47am

Thanks you two.

I'm with BT on Tariff 1 @ £10.50 a month. What alternatives can you suggest. I live near to York if region matters.

TonyB Wink

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 10:56am

I would recommend Primus from Planet Talk .Free evening and Weekend calls.Use 1899 peak.

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverProducts.aspx?source+saver

Their is another supplier Just Dial Saver but their CS is lacking.

BJ.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 2:52pm

I agree with BigJohn.

Use Call1899 for daytime calls to geographical numbers 01 & 02.

Switch your call provider from BT to Planet Talk (link in previous post) and use this for evening & weekend free minutes with no monthly fee.  This will switch just your calls to planet talk automatically without the need to dial any override numbers.

You would still need to use override code 1899 when routing your daytime calls via Call1899.

You could get an Orchid Dialler to route your calls during the daytime automatically to Call1899, and route the calls during the evening & weekend via Planet Talk (ie CPS provider).  An Orchid dialler can be setup to route different type of calls depending on time of day, to practically any provider of your choice.

See this thread on MSE forum for 20% off an orchid dialler (if needed).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge