Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
Yodel/Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) (Read 571,908 times)
rockmanlives

Re: Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL)
Reply #75 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 2:40pm

I'm afraid that didn't work as I expected... someone picked the phone, but they told me it was the wrong deparment and I had to call a generic 0807 number, which I would at this point, but I simply can't from uotside UK...

Thx anyway ^^. Any other ideas?? Someone has the number for the international depot?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #76 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 2:44pm

rockmanlives wrote on Aug 6th, 2010 at 2:40pm:
I'm afraid that didn't work as I expected... someone picked the phone, but they told me it was the wrong deparment and I had to call a generic 0807 number, which I would at this point, but I simply can't from uotside UK...

Thx anyway ^^. Any other ideas?? Someone has the number for the international depot?

Is this for a parcel being delivered to a UK address? If so, perhaps you could ring the depot served by the address in question for which we may well have the number for.

IP Logged

rockmanlives

Reply #77 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 3:05pm

Dave wrote on Aug 6th, 2010 at 2:44pm:
rockmanlives wrote on Aug 6th, 2010 at 2:40pm:

Is this for a parcel being delivered to a UK address? If so, perhaps you could ring the depot served by the address in question for which we may well have the number for.

It's for a delivery in Spain, sent from the UK using DHNL. Problem is they don't operate in Spain, so they passed the delivery to a local company (TNT network according to the tracking page) and the order is been put on hold because of and adress issue. I've tried contacting TNT spain, but the tracking number is not the same, and they insist that they can't find the delivery and told me to get more info from DHNL which seems to be impossible... I don't know what else to do...

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #78 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 5:59pm

rockmanlives wrote on Aug 6th, 2010 at 3:05pm:
It's for a delivery in Spain, sent from the UK using DHNL. Problem is they don't operate in Spain, so they passed the delivery to a local company (TNT network according to the tracking page) and the order is been put on hold because of and adress issue. I've tried contacting TNT spain, but the tracking number is not the same, and they insist that they can't find the delivery and told me to get more info from DHNL which seems to be impossible... I don't know what else to do...

If it's been ordered from a UK retailer, then that retailer has a responsibility to provide the goods and you should contact them.

Referring back to a previous posting on this thread, there is an e-mail address escalatedqueries@hdnl.co.uk
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2010 at 6:00pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

ugy

Reply #79 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 1:16pm

Hi
The Sheffield alternative is not working - it gives the long steady tone of a dead line.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #80 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:05pm

ugy wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 1:16pm:
Hi
The Sheffield alternative is not working - it gives the long steady tone of a dead line.

Thanks. I have removed this entry.

The number in question is 0114 244 4661 and is not reconised from a BT line. Other networks may use different tones; for mobile networks the tone is generated in the handset and therefore is different for different handsets.

http://www.ivorysky.com/index.php/2006/12/20/p194/More-Hard-To-Find-Telephone-Nu...

Reality White Arrow Express
Park House Lane, Tinsley, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S9 1XA
Tel: 0114 244 4661
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2010 at 10:05pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

kaydee

Top Site! Death to 0871's
and 0844's!

Reply #81 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 12:55pm

I needed to talk to Central Customer Services so I tried calling the 0151 290 8500 number. The receptionist was not able to put me through - all she could offer was the 0871 977 0800 number - nice!

IP Logged

TheRockDoc

Verification of an unverified number
Reply #82 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 4:26pm

I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum, but I cannot find where to post this information.

My partner was expecting a package and was informed it was being delivered by NHDL, the tracking number was checked and it was discovered that at 19:27 on Wednesday 3rd November the driver had apparently tried to deliver the package - he hadn't because we were in at that time. Insult was added to injury when the next entry showed it had been re-deposited at NHDL's depot 4 minutes later at 19:31.

Now I know that delivery drivers practice "low flying" but this must be a new world record as he managed to do 23 miles in 2 minutes - allowing 1 minute to get back in his van, start it and drive back to the runway - err main road. Allowing for a 1 minute at the depot he drove 23 miles in 2 minutes!! I checked for number 0871 977 0800 and discovered that there is an alternative number verified 01293 517004, but the unverified number shown further down is also their's 01293 565351.

So the Gatwick Depot of NHDL has two numbers both of which are answered 01293 517004 an 01293 565351.

Hope this is useful.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #83 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:34pm

TheRockDoc wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 4:26pm:
I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum, but I cannot find where to So the Gatwick Depot of NHDL has two numbers both of which are answered 01293 517004 an 01293 565351.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for the feedback; I always advise people to post in the Requests section of the forum about updates that are required, including where unverified numbers can be listed as verified.  Smiley

I have removed the unverified entry for this branch and added the 565351 number to the existing verified entry as a secondary number.

Once again, many thanks. Do let me know of any other updates that are required with the entries you come across.  Smiley

IP Logged

gerryhearn

Manchester
Reply #84 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 8:15am

Hi,
The 'unverified' number for Bolton/Farnworth gets a charming (electronic) lady telling me that the number I have dialed has not been recognised.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #85 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 7:50pm

gerryhearn wrote on Nov 24th, 2010 at 8:15am:
The 'unverified' number for Bolton/Farnworth gets a charming (electronic) lady telling me that the number I have dialed has not been recognised.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM and thank you for the feedback.

I've removed the number in question, which, for the record, was 01204 793112. I checked on Yell.com and found that it lists geographic numbers for Bolton and some other depots:

Bury Mead Rd, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG5 1RT * Tel: 01462 421336
147 Brierley Rd, Walton Summit Centre, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire PR5 8AH * Tel: 01772 330093
Larkfield Trading Estate, New Hythe Lane, Larkfield, Aylesford, Kent ME20 6SW * Tel: 01622 716860
3, Barnes Wallis Rd, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 5ST * Tel: 01489 581544
Royal Pennine Trading Estate, Lynroyle Way, Rochdale, Lancashire OL11 3JR * Tel: 01706 355223
5, Atkinsons Way, Foxhills Industrial Estate, Scunthorpe, South Humberside DN15 8QJ * Tel: 01724 289594
12-14, Carsegate Rd North, Inverness, Inverness-Shire IV3 8EA * Tel: 01463 712325
Unit 7, Olympic Way, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0XJ * Tel: 020 8903 2772
Unit F, Gildersome Spur Industrial Estate, Gildersome, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS27 7JZ * Tel: 0113 238 0343
Baird Close, Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate, Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 0UF * Tel: 01473 287131

HDNL's own website has a map with its depots and other operational centres on, including addresses (although not telephone numbers):
http://www.hdnl.co.uk/About-Us/Our-Network/

I've been through the database and added the addresses to all the entries. We have alternatives (a couple still require verification) for all depots except Corby.

The two unverified numbers we had for Corby, both of which are now not recognised, are 01536 403370 and 01536 268416.

There were also two unverified Liverpool numbers, which I guess could be for the head office. They are 0151 906 1080 which rings and 0151 906 7976 which is unobtainable and had a note by it to ask for customer services.

This PDF gives addresses of Shop Direct offices across the UK:
http://www.shopdirect.com/images/lwsdgmap.pdf

IP Logged

trimglafix

Reply #86 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 6:32pm

I have listed the numbers that you need to call without incuring charges, but as yet they are unverified therefore at the end of the list.
Tel: 0800 1577777 to get through to exactly the same people that answer on the 0871 number; as far as I can tell. They certainly did the same job without query or transfer.
Tel: 0151 290 8501 if you are not happy & want to speak to someone in the "Executive Department". They won't want to speak to you, but if you are polite you will be able to get your message across to someone who is as anoyed at you (for 'phoning  them) as much as you are annoyed at them (for failing to deliver). Their Chief Exec is Jonathan Smith should you want to go all the way.
If you get an answer 'phone on the 501 number & want a quick response try 0151 290 8502. The lady here doesn't like you calling her, so you should be able to have someone assigned to your case to keep you off hers.
I actually found the company incredibly efficient & caring about my situation after having spoken to people on these numbers, unlike the woman on the head office number who says she has no boss, but admits she doesn't own the company! She will go round in conversation circles all day if you push her & have the time.
Good Luck.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Yodel/Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL)
Reply #87 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 7:17pm

trimglafix wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 6:32pm:
I have listed the numbers that you need to call without incuring charges, but as yet they are unverified therefore at the end of the list.
Tel: 0800 1577777 to get through to exactly the same people that answer on the 0871 number; as far as I can tell. They certainly did the same job without query or transfer.
Tel: 0151 290 8501 if you are not happy & want to speak to someone in the "Executive Department". They won't want to speak to you, but if you are polite you will be able to get your message across to someone who is as anoyed at you (for 'phoning  them) as much as you are annoyed at them (for failing to deliver). Their Chief Exec is Jonathan Smith should you want to go all the way.
If you get an answer 'phone on the 501 number & want a quick response try 0151 290 8502. The lady here doesn't like you calling her, so you should be able to have someone assigned to your case to keep you off hers.
I actually found the company incredibly efficient & caring about my situation after having spoken to people on these numbers, unlike the woman on the head office number who says she has no boss, but admits she doesn't own the company! She will go round in conversation circles all day if you push her & have the time.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for this. I've added the 0800 number to the top entry. I've also put the 0151s into the Other Information field of the entry with the head office switchboard.

BTW, will they deal with calls about redelivery (and any other type of enquiry) on the switchboard number, 0151 290 8500?

I see that earlier this year Home Delivery Network announced that it was changing its name to Yodel:
http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/home-delivery-network-rebrands-as-yodel/3013...

I have changed the names on the entries in the database, and added "Yodel" so that a search by that name will bring them up.

I'm not sure of the point of this name change, clearly there is always money to be thrown at exercises like this. It has previously been known as Business Express and White Arrow, so it's had its fair share of name changes.

And the name "Yodel"; I thought Parcelnet changing its name to Hermes was bad!  Grin

IP Logged

krissyboy22

Reply #88 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 9:25am

Hi there,
I was having problems with finding a number for my local (Hull) HDNL depot, stumbled accross this website which actually gives the numbers of the depots direct local number. No silly charges. I rang the number listed and got straight through and was not told to ring an alternative number. Problem solved.
The website in question is www.touchlocal.com
Just type in Home Delivery Network in the "who/what" box and the town or city in the "where" box. It will give you a long list of courier services but just plough through until you find HDNL, click on it and it gives you the address and local telephone number.

Good times.

IP Logged

kimbaroo

Reply #89 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 10:04am

I came acrossthis thread today when I became completely exasperated with both Amazon and HDNL.  I waited in all day yesterday having seen on the tracking info for my order that it was out for delivery.  At 7pm it was inexplicably returned to the Hull depot.  I called HDNL main office who were very unhelpful and told me they didn't have contact details for the Hull depot and didn't know when my package would be delivered.  I called Amazon who spoke with Hull who said they'd bring it today or tomorrow.  I asked for it to be sent today as I will be out tomorrow.  This cannot be guaranteed apparently.  Last time I had to deal with HDNL I ended up driving from York to Hull to collect my package as I couldn't take time off to wait in all day, they refused to leave in our communal (but safe) hallway and would not redeliver to my work address.

I eventually found a number for the Hull depot - 01482352993.  The lady is spoke to sounded very fed up and said "I know I'm not being very helpful here but that is just how it is.  I can't tell you when it will be sent out".  Ridiculous!!!

I can verify that the above number is correct and will get you straight through to the Hull HDNL depot but in my experience this didn't get me very far.  Come on Amazon - fork out for a better delivery company!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge