Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Post Office £50 + another £15 (Read 75,484 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Post Office £50 + another £15
Reply #75 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:55pm

Dave wrote on Apr 8th, 2006 at 8:12pm:
Shiggaddi wrote on Apr 8th, 2006 at 3:12pm:
Also, as paypal charge for withdrawing less than £50...

Is it not possible to transfer some money in to your PayPal account to make it up to £50 and then remove £50?

Yes, I certainly did think of that!

However paypal have a lifetime limit of receiving £500 for personal paypal accounts, before forcing an upgrade to premier/business.  I don't know for sure, but if I received say £20 from quidco, then topped up to £50 to avoid the withdrawal fee, then paypal might count as received £50 towards this limit.

However it is perfectly possible to create another other paypal accounts, and in reality it would take quite a while to reach that £500!!

Paypal impose this limit because paypal is used mainly on ebay, and upgrading the account means that you can accept credit card payments, but there is a fee on each transaction and this fee is imposed whether the buyer pays by credit card or not.  As a buyer on ebay I do prefer to pay by credit card.

Ebay sellers usually take this into account when accepting money from people, but when paypal fees can eat into the money given from a cashback site, surely paypal is not the best option.

Quidco do state on their page that they are looking into other ways to pay people, and hopefully they will start paying by BACS before the £500 limit becomes an issue.

BACS payments are free to set up, and 100% of the amount transferred reaches the destination account, and surely it's just as convenient as paypal to administer.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 7:58am

Shiggaddi wrote on Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:55pm:
BACS payments are free to set up, and 100% of the amount transferred reaches the destination account, and surely it's just as convenient as paypal to administer.

BACS is probably more expensive than PayPal so would mean less Cashback?

I am also rather concerned that only one of my three Grand National bets with Quidco betting partners yesterday afternoon currently seems to be shown as tracked and I do hope the others are going to show up in due course.  I did do it all through their site to get to the other sites and all the GreasyPalm checking stuff says that they have no problem interacting through my Firewalls and Norton Internet Security with my machine..

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #77 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 3:32pm

Well, having applied at the end of February, I still haven't been connected.

I called them at the end of March, and found that because Talk Talk took over Tele2, they had put a request to convert my CPS over to them, and nobody else could ask BT for CPS, or WLR in that time.  When I called Post Office, the deadline date had expired, so Post office could go full steam ahead with converting my line.

Well, still waiting for that letter confirming my change over date!!

I think I'll give them a call after the bank holiday if there's nothing in the post on Saturday or Tuesday.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #78 - May 10th, 2006 at 4:02pm

The discussion NonGeographicalMan started on being unable to dial certain 0844/0871/090 numbers using Post Office Home Phone has been moved here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge