Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC Three Counties Radio (Read 5,332 times)
Ringtone123

BBC Three Counties Radio
Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:36pm

Not for the first time I have complained to BBC Three Counties Radio about the use of their 0845 number for phone-in shows, especially the morning consumer programme which aims to curb fraudulent practice!  I received the following reply today from Laurence Culhane,  Assistant Editor

"Thanks for your email regarding BBC Three Counties Radio's phone in number.

It is an issue which we've been discussing over the last few months.  We are currently looking into what alternatives may be available to us.  As I'm sure you'll appreciate, changing our main contact number is not something we can do lightly.  We need to be sure that any change will be relatively future proof - but also provide value for money to the license fee payer.

Rest assured - we don't intend to take our listeners for a ride. "

Laurence

Perhaps so, but I would have thought any geographical alternative would be relatively futureproof and certainly better value for money to the license fee payer.  What's the problem?

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:37pm by Ringtone123 »  

IP Logged

=CM=

Keep saying NO!

London
Re: BBC Three Counties Radio
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 3:25pm

IIRC they're moving studio from Luton to MK so they might feel the non-geo would remove 1 headache from the overall move. Not that I agree. I could also see them thinking that their overblown wide coverage area could lead some of their audience to resent a "foreign dialling code" even though a geo code would cost less to call.

(How a station can be "local" but cover 3 big counties even with opt-outs is left as an exercise for the gentle reader!)

IP Logged

FLG

Re: BBC Three Counties Radio
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 7:21pm

3CR already have a studio in MK covering the morning and evening opt outs for Bucks (although it used to be just MK) the number is a different 0845 number, the main reason they use a 0845 is because they can alter which office and studio takes the calls easily, although as we all know this can be done with geo numbers as well, I suspect the BBC make a nice little earner out of the 0845 number range and it would be in the "too difficult box" to do anything else

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge