Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Credit where credit's due - MBNA (Read 8,258 times)
AJR

Credit where credit's due - MBNA
Nov 17th, 2006 at 2:29pm

In the past, I've tended to have a fairly negative view of MBNA. No particular reason, it's probably just the name, which has a secretive, anonymous sound to it.

So I was astonished when browsing through their terms and conditions, while considering applying for a credit card, to find that all their contact numbers are free 0800 numbers. I counted seven different 0800 numbers for different functions. Not an 0870 in sight.

It's amazing how such a relatively trivial piece of information changes your attitude about a company. I have no idea how they behave as a credit card company but the use of 0800 numbers suggests that someone in the company is trying to do the right thing for their customers. It's completely changed my attitude towards them.

So this note is just to give credit where it's due.

And credit also to the Contributor Formerly Known As NGM who I now find mentioned this on page three of a recent thread that I hadn't come across before. But as it was hidden away in another discussion I thought it was worth highlighting this information.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Credit where credit's due - MBNA
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 3:50pm

And don't forget that one of the cards run by MBNA is a 'profit share' reward card - which, in recent years, has amounted to 1% cashback on all expenditure!

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 5:22pm

Capital One also use 0800 numbers, and I have a c c that still gives me 1% back of all of my spending.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 6:22pm

And MBNA's staff at their main Chester call centre are almost without exception extremely helpful and bright people who seem capable of simply resolving almost any customer issue themselves rather than suggesting you must write in to customer services as is the usual practice of call centre staff when attempting to fob customers off.

On my Conran card I did have an issue with a £3 fee being applied to a £5 bet with the Tote at Ascot on one of their automated betting machines.  Apparently there is a £3 gambling transaction surcharge.  This is odd as using a NatWest credit card to bet on the grand national in the past has never attracted any surcharge fees.  In any event to cut a long story short the call adviser refunded the fee there and then although said that I should be aware of using it on anything resembling a gambling transaction in the future.

I think MBNA are hard sell in terms of always sending out balance transfer checks (which I have now had them stop) but they do also offer excellent customer service unlike the card operations of most of the large UK high street banks virtually all of whom use 0870 contact numbers.

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge