Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Hackwood Partnership in Basingstoke (Read 2,695 times)
chriscw

Basingstoke England
The Hackwood Partnership in Basingstoke
Mar 6th, 2007 at 5:07pm

Our doctor's surgery has recently downgraded to a 0844 number.   Does anyone know if there is an alternative to 08444773400 for this otherwise excellent practice.   It annoys me to have to use a premium rate number for calls to the surgery which really should be free like all my other landline calls.

chriscw chrisc_w  
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: The Hackwood Partnership in Basingstoke
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 6:50pm

Welcome.

Please see this sticky.

I'm afraid your surgery is one of many that have been persuaded to change their number so they can have a new telephone equipment.

This new number will cost you more and in some cases your surgery could even be getting money from it.

The best I can suggest is you write to them and say how discraceful you think this is that they should choose a number that costs their patients more money and in some cases can cost upto 40pence per minute from some mobile networks.  Also state that many patients have inclusive call allowances and that in 99% of the cases, calls to 0844 are excluded because they cost more than a geographical and earn the company that owns the 0844, which in this case is NEG Plc money, and in some cases the surgery as well.

You could also complain to the Department of Health, etc.

What will have happened is that the surgery will have been told that their new number (and telephone system) will benefit patients and the cost of the call is local or lo-call.  This, I'm afraid, is misleading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge