Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Argos Pet Insurance Claims (BDML Connect) (Read 10,180 times)
mandakins888

Argos Pet Insurance Claims (BDML Connect)
May 16th, 2007 at 1:17pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a geographical or freephone number for the claims department of BDML connect, who are the intermediary behind Argos pet insurance.  I have trawled the internet and this site and some of the numbers given are out of date, as they are from before BDML took over the handling of Argos pet insurance.  I have also tried the freephone number given on the Argos pet insurance website, but it is for sales and 'service' (!) only and they refused to put me through to claims, insisting that I call the 0870 number instead.

The 0870 number is 0870 606 0523, and there are also a few others I think.
The address is:
Connect Centre
Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth
Hampshire
PO2 8QL

There is a geographic number associated with this, which is 023 926 57000.  I dialled it and was again told that I should dial the 0870 number for claims, but they reluctantly put me through when I kicked up a fuss and asked to speak to someone to make a complaint.  The person I spoke to in the claims department told me that they are at the same location; therefore there must surely be a geographic number for that department, but no-one seems to have it - not even the staff themselves. 

I also tried calling Capita Group, who are the parent company of BDML, but they didn't have a geographic number for them either; the person I spoke to was very helpful and tried everything he could, but the company seem to go to great lengths to ensure that no-one can get hold of the geographic numbers, by not even providing them to their own staff - he told me that to call their other offices even he has to call the 0870 numbers, and he doesn't even know the geographic number for his own office! (I was put through to there after I called another office on a geographic number)

I did also try calling AXA, who underwrite the policy, but no joy there either as they said it is all handled by BDML and so they don't have any access to the policy.

If anyone else has more luck I'd be grateful to know, as I'd rather not have to kick up a fuss every time I need a claim form!  I would just change insurers, as Argos' policy isn't that great anyway, but I can't as all my cat's current health problems would then be counted as pre-existing, and hence not be covered.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Argos Pet Insurance Claims (BDML Connect)
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2007 at 1:53pm

Other threads on here that have connections with BDML are:

I suspect that they have direct numbers in the ranges 023 92656xxx and 023 92657xxx going by numbers mentioned on here.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Argos Pet Insurance Claims (BDML Connect)
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 4:45pm

The current entry for Argos Pet Insurance gives the switchboard number (01420 566310) for Intergroup Insurance Services, a part of RBS. However, as is mentioned above, and as indicated on the Argos Pet Insurance website, it is underwritten by BDML Connect. Infact, when you visit Argos Pet Insurance website, it forwards to a page for Argos on BDML's website.

For this reason I have removed the above 01420 switchboard number from the entry. There are, however, two freephone numbers that answer as Argos Pet Insurance.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2008 at 10:34pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge