<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Virgin Media (Read 242,261 times)
Naz

Virgin Media
Jun 24th, 2007 at 8:25pm

As of 1st July Ntl broadband free call 151 for NTL users (for enquiries re, broadband, tv, phone problems etc) is being changed to  0906 212 1111 and will be charged at 25p per minute + 10p connection fee.  Checked for geographical numbers.  None listed.  This will be costly if trying to fix a problem via phone.  Incidently these calls are being connected to India.

Virgin Media have taken over NTL and are over charging. 
Please can any one give a geographical number for this.

Many thanks

Naz Embarrassed

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Re: Virgin Media
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2007 at 8:32pm

I might be wrong, but I think that the 151 call from the virgin phone will still be free, but to ring it from another network, as you would do if your virgin phone went down, would have these new costs applied.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

Naz

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2007 at 8:37pm

To very nice man

Thanks for that.  I'm an NTL customer which is now Virgin Media, today, the voicemail stated these costs will take effect as of 1/7/07.

Naz

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2007 at 8:51pm

Having recently had to use the Telewest / Virgin help, and the the subsequent complaint to a customer service rep based over here, it would appear that the broadband tech help is being outsourced to IBM who have sent it to the home of the chicken korma to a bunch of script readers and button pushers who "understand" but then insist on you rephrasing the problem to match their script.

I had a problem with my modem, and it took about 10 mins to explain to the guy and get him to realise what lights were / not flashing, and the fact that I had already done all the usual config/ reboot/ power off option.
He then arranged for an engineer to call for 3 days later. It sorted itself out later. Cancelled the engineer with another script reader, only to get a call while I was out from an english girl to say the engineer was outside waiting to fix my modem.

Customer service now sucks.

AND ONCE AGAIN RICHARD B.......WHERE'S MY 20Mb SERVICE THAT I WAS PROMISED?

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

moneysavin

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2007 at 9:30pm

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2007 at 9:31pm by moneysavin »  

IP Logged

juliesyd

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 2:50pm

I've just phoned 150 and they say the charges apply to broadband only, tv queries etc are still 150, but how long will that last? The broadband charges are extortionate.

IP Logged

christopher

Birmingham, UK
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 4:50pm

Bollocks to that, if I ever have a problem with my VM service I'll just ring up the main VM Customer Services number (as listed on here) and detail my problem - and if they ask me to ring another number I'll simply say "no, put me through to the broadband support department" (I believe it's extension 156 from reading on either the cableforum.co.uk or cablehell.co.uk forums).

Paying through the nose (only have a mobile) for support on a product which, if it ever goes wrong, is most likely faulty from their own inaction? I don't think so!

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2007 at 1:23pm

christopher wrote on Jun 25th, 2007 at 4:50pm:
..if I ever have a problem with my VM service I'll just ring up the main VM Customer Services number (as listed on here) and detail my problem - and if they ask me to ring another number I'll simply say "no, put me through to the broadband support department"...
You will no longer be able to do that apparently.  All other departments within VM have been told not to transfer any bb related calls through and insist customers ring their new 0906 number.  It's been rumoured that other VM departments don't even know the number themselves which if that is true then that means bb tech support have (or will) change their geographical numbers as well to prevent staff been pressured into transferring call to bb tech support.

I doubt VM would do this as the cost would be significant but if they have (or do) then I believe that shows how bad c/s, tech support and VM in general have gotten lately.

IP Logged

linden

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 5:22pm

Today I have contacted Ofcom (tel: 020 7981 3000) to complain about the Virgin Broadband contact no. being 09
They tell me that they would "frown upon it"  if that is the only number available for this service .
They also say that the usual charge for 09 no's is £1.50 per minute.

Maybe , if enough people contact Ofcom , they will look into it .

Which company would you recommend ?

IP Logged

linden

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 5:27pm

To add to this .

I contacted VM Customer Service and they have agreed to send me a letter stating that the only way to contact Virgin Broadband is 0906 212 11 11 . There is no other number .

At present , the 151 number is still free and will connect you to all other departments .

IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 3:49pm

151 is the faults line for most of the services, but with broadband bring the most enquired about, they wont just pass you through anymore. Now the 090 whatever number is 25p a minute, 10p connection, however, I do now have proof that they will reimburse all charges at the end of the call, IF, the fault is VirginMedia's. I know this because I have suddenly hit a problem with my modem (which has been on for about 6 years with no problems).

I do frown upon dialing the 09 number, but I praise the idea that they will refund straight away if the fault is indeed theirs. Maybe not the best tactic, but still it should keep away the time wasters and the stupid. Oh and the call is answered within half a ring.

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 4:01pm

nutellajunkie wrote on Jul 31st, 2007 at 3:49pm:
I do frown upon dialing the 09 number, but I praise the idea that they will refund straight away if the fault is indeed theirs. Maybe not the best tactic, but still it should keep away the time wasters and the stupid. Oh and the call is answered within half a ring.

What happens if you have 09 calls barred on your line?

IP Logged

Rip-off_England

Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 12:04pm

Rip-off Rip-off Rip-off!
in other words its another scam, we get scamed by every company that exists in this country, its like the mafia.  Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

brian0

South of England
Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 2:13pm

The 0906 number is the only number for Broadband Support.  The other departments will not give out any other number and will not transfer calls.  If premium rate numbers are blocked then you are totally stuffed (their customer care term, not mine).

There are two options to keep the cost down:
First, the helpline will refund the cost of the call if the fault is theirs and you have a VM phone line.
Second, if you give them a number they will call you back.

I do not have a VM phone, having dumped phone and TV recently, so they have promised (!) to deduct the cost from the line rental.

I agree that the "technical" help is useless.  I work in the industry so I understand a bit.  I read the event log from the modem to the guy on the other end and explained that the network (server) was blocking the modem.  the response: "turn off the modem, router and PC....".  On the third call they agreed to send an engineer, but not for 4 days.  On the fourth call I talked the guy through which server was playing up and he cured the problem 30 seconds later.

Total duration 12 hours, with 75 minutes on the premium rate service.

Line speed (on XL) varies between 30MB (midnight) and 350KB (5pm), mostly around 5-10MB.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 2:35pm

brian0 wrote on Aug 8th, 2007 at 2:13pm:
 I work in the industry so I understand a bit.  

Hello brian0 and welcome to SAYNOTO......

As you are in the "industry" could I ask you a slightly technical question ----  Does an NGN , 0845 in particular, always point to a single geographic number?    
Is it possible for an 0845 to point to several geo numbers and route a call to whichever geo line is free?  
If there are many calls coming in to an 0845 where is the queue held/managed?
Do 0844, 0870, 0871 all work in the same way as 0845 or are there any differences?

Oops, more than one question.  It would be most helpful if you could throw some light on this for us, thanks.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge