Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I report a number that no longer works? (Read 9,495 times)
Johnny Debt

How do I report a number that no longer works?
Aug 8th, 2007 at 1:47pm

OK if I find a new number to add to your database, that is fairly simple. However how does one submit or inform you if a number no longer works?

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2007 at 10:05pm by Dave »  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: How do I report a number that no longer works?
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 10:04pm

Johnny Debt wrote on Aug 8th, 2007 at 1:47pm:
OK if I find a new number to add to your database, that is fairly simple. However how does one submit or inform you if a number no longer works?

There are three ways to report out of date numbers. The text in italics explains the reasons for using each method:

1. Submit an entry to the database with NGN and alternative 01/02/freephone number(s) and a note in the 'Other Info' field saying which number no longer works.

With small companies especially, it may be easy to locate the new 01/02 number. For example, they may have moved premises and their new number is shown on directory enquiries such as BT Phone Book. Or their old 01/02 number may refer to their new one. However, if you don't submit a new number, it is likely that we will simply remove the company's entry.

2. Post in the Geographical Requests section of the forum. Use the forum's search page to see if there is an existing thread on the company. If there is, post on there, else start a new one.

If you can't find the new number using the steps described in 1., then you need assistance from other members, and therefore your query is a request rather than simply reporting a defunct alternative number. Post the old alternative number on the post you make in the Requests section. This may be of use when finding a new number, especially if the company in question operates many numbers which are similar.

3. Use the contact page.

This is much the same as 1. in that a replacement may not be posted in the database. There are also many reports being made using this method, so I suggest using one of the above two in preferrence to this.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2007 at 10:06pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Johnny Debt

Re: How do I report a number that no longer works?
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 7:33am

Hello Dave

The number for Cabot Financial 01732 775000 no longer works, but the new number 01732 524600 does. I have on two occasions submitted this to the alternative number db. However it has never appeared as being listed.

Just thought I would inform you in case there is an error on the system.

Edited:
This had already been amended when I checked the database & I'm not sure when or by whom but it was by one of the Mods.

The other 0800 number submitted also worked fine (I needed to redirect some begging letters !) Roll Eyes

DaveM
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2007 at 9:51pm by DaveM »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge