Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jobcentre Plus W Mids BDC (Edgbaston) (Read 51,298 times)
j1mster

It's not big, but it IS
clever! ;-)

Jobcentre Plus W Mids BDC (Edgbaston)
Feb 5th, 2008 at 5:23pm

Hi all,
I've been trawling web pages (and saynoto0870) for ages and can't find a geographical number for this:

jobcentreplus
Hanley BDC
St Stephens Street
Birmingham
B99 1AL

Gives the phone number as:  0845 6088673

The number I am after is for the Income Support section for Staffordshire, it says it's based in Hanley (Stoke-on-Trent) but gives the address in Birmingham. Anybody got any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jim

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2012 at 1:01pm by Dave »  

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Re: Jobcentre Plus Hanley BDC
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 7:15pm

For the Jobcentre Plus in Hanley try 01782 426 447 or 01782 426 442 and please let us know how you got on.

Jobcentres are now organised regionally and the Birmingham postal address is no proof that they moved there, only that their mail is directed to this address.

IP Logged

j1mster

It's not big, but it IS
clever! ;-)

Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 3:11pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.Ttried both numbers, no luck!
It does, as you say, go through to the Job Centre but they say that the Income Support department is in a different part of town and then proceed to give out the 0845 number.

Any other ideas?     Cry

IP Logged

trickyd

Manchester
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 5:09am

For the Hanley Benefit Delivery Centre, try the number for the old Social Security office, which various searches show to be 01782 216600. Try it and ask for Income Support (IS) section.

In the Freedom of Information requests section of this site (post dated 25/11/06) there is reproduced a letter from JCP which gives the geographical numbers for the centre in Sheffield for "JSA changes" and "IS changes" (i.e. changes of circumstances rather than a new claim). Interestingly, it mentions JCP's interest in changing to 03 numbers, an interest that does not seem to have expressed itself in practical terms yet!

You could try putting in a similar FOI request to the Freedom of Information Officer at the Birmingham address given for Hanley. As well as asking for the number for Income Support, it would be a good idea to ask for the numbers for Jobseeker's Allowance and Incapacity Benefit as well. Good luck.

# Amended as requested by postee ~ DaveM
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2008 at 5:42pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

j1mster

It's not big, but it IS
clever! ;-)

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Thanks tricky, i'll give it a try and post any responses.
Cheers

IP Logged

mjbj

Jobcentre Plus - Wolverhampton
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:11am

Does anyone know of an alternative number for this BDC please?

The number I have is 0845 600 3115

The address I have is:

Wolverhampton BDC
Jobcentre Plus
St Stephens Street
Birmingham
B99 1AH

(textphone 0845 600 3118)

All help gratefully received.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 5:22pm

mjbj wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:11am:

The address I have is:

Wolverhampton BDC
Jobcentre Plus
St Stephens Street
Birmingham
B99 1AH

I did a search of the forum for the first part of the post code,
b99
, and found one thread, which I've joined your posting to.

Post codes with district numbers 99 are usually special corporate ones, i.e. they don't relate to an area where all the post codes are 99.

The previous request uses the similar post code B99 1AL, and is for Hanley area (and perhaps a wider area).

Both say they are for St Stephen's Street, Birmingham. This isn't a particularly long street and Google Street View shows it nicely. All the way along one side is a Royal Mail warehouse, and on the other side of the street is a VW dealer at one end, HydraForce at the other and a warehouse in the middle. I think that the reference to the street name is simply the place of the Royal Mail delivery office which collects mail for the DWP/JCP office in question.

So where is the office?  Huh

I put dwp birmingham into Google and the first result is a page which lists DWP offices throughout the country:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/about-dwp/customer-delivery/disability-and-carers-service/...

Quote:
7. Midlands Disability Benefits Centre
Postal address – PO Box 34, Birmingham, B99 1AR
Actual address – Midlands DBC, Five Ways Complex, Islington Row, Middleway, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1SL

Note another similar B99 post code.

A search of our database for entries for Department for Work & Pensions returns two verified entries with Birmingham (0121) numbers:

Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)          0845 712 3456     0121 626 3220          Midlands DBC, Birmingham
Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)             0845 712 3456       0121 626 2000             Edgbaston, Birmingham office

They are both similar numbers, perhaps a clue that they numbers in the office are 0121 626 2xxx and 3xxx. One even says it's for Edgbaston!

Try 0121 626 2000, it could be the main switchboard for that location, so you might have to be put through.

IP Logged

mjbj

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:42pm

Dave wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 5:22pm:
mjbj wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:11am:

The address I have is:

Wolverhampton BDC
Jobcentre Plus
St Stephens Street
Birmingham
B99 1AH

I did a search of the forum for the first part of the post code,
b99
, and found one thread, which I've joined your posting to.

Post codes with district numbers 99 are usually special corporate ones, i.e. they don't relate to an area where all the post codes are 99.

The previous request uses the similar post code B99 1AL, and is for Hanley area (and perhaps a wider area).

Both say they are for St Stephen's Street, Birmingham. This isn't a particularly long street and Google Street View shows it nicely. All the way along one side is a Royal Mail warehouse, and on the other side of the street is a VW dealer at one end, HydraForce at the other and a warehouse in the middle. I think that the reference to the street name is simply the place of the Royal Mail delivery office which collects mail for the DWP/JCP office in question.

So where is the office?  Huh

I put dwp birmingham into Google and the first result is a page which lists DWP offices throughout the country:
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/about-dwp/customer-delivery/disability-and-carers-service/...

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/img/newmap.gif
Quote:
7. Midlands Disability Benefits Centre
Postal address – PO Box 34, Birmingham, B99 1AR
Actual address – Midlands DBC, Five Ways Complex, Islington Row, Middleway, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1SL

Note another similar B99 post code.

A search of our database for entries for Department for Work & Pensions returns two verified entries with Birmingham (0121) numbers:

Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)          0845 712 3456     0121 626 3220          Midlands DBC, Birmingham
Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)             0845 712 3456       0121 626 2000             Edgbaston, Birmingham office

They are both similar numbers, perhaps a clue that they numbers in the office are 0121 626 2xxx and 3xxx. One even says it's for Edgbaston!

Try 0121 626 2000, it could be the main switchboard for that location, so you might have to be put through.

Thank you for your suggestions Dave  Smiley

I will have to try one of those numbers and let you know how I get on.

IP Logged

Terra

Worcester Benefit Centre
Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 12:04pm

Worcester Benefit Centre
Jobcentre Plus
St Stephans street
Birmingham
B99 1AD

08456 088665

General Enquiries about the benefit I am claiming i.e ESA

I have tried all the ways I can think of to find a landline number for this place but have found nothing and would like to be able to phone from my mobile. Any help appreciated

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Worcester Benefit Centre
Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 1:06pm

Terra wrote on Nov 28th, 2012 at 12:04pm:
Worcester Benefit Centre
Jobcentre Plus
St Stephans street
Birmingham
B99 1AD

08456 088665

General Enquiries about the benefit I am claiming i.e ESA

I have tried all the ways I can think of to find a landline number for this place but have found nothing and would like to be able to phone from my mobile. Any help appreciated

Hello Terra and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

I have joined your posting to an existing thread on the St Stephens Street Benefit Delivery Office which serves the Midlands (number 7 on the map above).

I suggest that an alternative for one may be suitable, or may lead to, an alternative for others. This thread may be useful to help find an alternative.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2012 at 1:10pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Terra

Re: Jobcentre Plus W Mids BDC (Edgbaston)
Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 3:18pm

None of these numbers work as I am trying to get the national number landline which serves ESA claims and I'm not sure what else but it's always different to all the other numbers that I have tried!

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #11 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 6:58pm

Terra wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 3:18pm:
None of these numbers work as I am trying to get the national number landline which serves ESA claims and I'm not sure what else but it's always different to all the other numbers that I have tried!

Terra, are you suggesting the 0845 number goes through to a central call centre somewhere?

If so the likelihood of finding an non-0845 number maybe very hard without the exact location of the call centre in question.

Perhaps you can let us know if I have understood you right or misunderstood you.

Thanks,

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Terra

Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:50pm

Yes that is correct and I'm aware that it is very hard! lol, but I think the place I need to speak to is in worcester at the address I included in an earlier post but the 0845 number does include other options but I am quite sure that the actual office is in either worcester or birmingham but has been very hard to find a landline to.

IP Logged

ScottishPhoneBuster

Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 8:44pm

Never knew JobCentres had direct dials to speak to advisors.  I thought they just wanted you to call up centres like HMRC do and make you wait 9years to answer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge