<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EMAIL ADDRESSES (Read 17,408 times)
IGOFORTHIS

EMAIL ADDRESSES
May 22nd, 2009 at 11:52am

Is there a site which will give email addresses for companies.  I have been emailed by Aldi in response to a faxed enquiry, and had quite an exchange with a buying dept chap which was of mutual benefit. 

I use a fax no for Aldi, 01827 710866

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: EMAIL ADDRESSES
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2009 at 12:53pm

Sign up to their news letter here http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/service/newsletter.php?WT.z_src=banner&WT.ac=Newsl...

When you get the news letter you will have their email address. Smiley

As long as it is not one of those 'do not reply' ones you will be able to contact them!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2009 at 2:58pm

IGOFORTHIS wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 11:52am:
Is there a site which will give email addresses for companies.  I have been emailed by Aldi in response to a faxed enquiry, and had quite an exchange with a buying dept chap which was of mutual benefit. 

I use a fax no for Aldi, 01827 710866

Not that I know of there isn't a site.

Are you looking for someone's email address in particular or a company in particular?

IP Logged

jfk

stockport
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 11:46am

i am so happy to see this question asked here. (Is there a site which will give email addresses for companies.) this was my prime motive for joining this forum. i have been a user of this site for a some time and would (and have) recommend this service to anybody! excellent job.
on the subject of company emails... picture this:
part of conversation to BT customer services.....
ME: Can you give me an email address for customer services so that i can put my query in writing?
BT: err.... no.
ME: why not?
BT: there isn't one.
BT: it's not company policy to use email for customer communications.
ME: are you joking? you are a major internet service provider! don't you  have an email address?
BT: yes, but i can't give it to you.
BT: because that's also against company policy.

the conversation continued ....... (the guy did eventually give me his personal email address, but i never used it, so as not to get him into trouble)

i find this situation to be commonplace throughout industry.
my question: would this site be interested in supporting a solution to this problem? (or any other interested party)

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:31pm

Maybe they have not got an email address, however you can always write to them here

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_contact.php

You can choose which department you want to send your email to.

It is all there.

IP Logged

jfk

stockport
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:57pm

sherbert wrote on Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:31pm:
Maybe they have not got an email address, however you can always write to them here

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_contact.php

You can choose which department you want to send your email to.

It is all there.

hi... thanx for response.
i appreciate ur efforts in supplying link above... however, this is actually part of the problem, rather than the solution. i must explain that i am a programmer/website design-host/server manager as part of my dubious talents Smiley
the above link provides a means to send information electronically by filling in an online form (not an email), however what it does not allow is for the sender to keep a copy of said information.... the company has all the benefits of records while the sender has nothing. it would be very simple to write the form script to send a copy to the sender (which i do myself when compliling a contact form), however most companies choose not to do this.
companies seem very reluctant to allow customers the benefit of records.... i wonder why Smiley

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 1:00pm

When you have typed out your complaint or whatever, copy and paste it onto a word document and save it that way.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 1:03pm

jfk wrote on Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:57pm:
… it would be very simple to write the form script to send a copy to the sender (which i do myself when compliling a contact form), however most companies choose not to do this.
companies seem very reluctant to allow customers the benefit of records.... i wonder why Smiley

Maybe because e-mail is insecure.

However, that does not stop them having a printable version of the message you have sent. For example, once you've typed the message, pressed send, it says "Thank you for your e-mail. Please click here if you would like to print out what you have sent to us."

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 2:28pm

A couple of important points are raised here.

All those who use feedback forms should be encouraged to use one of the two methods currently in use to provide the respondent with a copy. Firstly, the print option referred to, and / or sending an email acknowledgement that quotes the text of the message that is acknowledged, along with a reference number. I see the first as valuable, but the second as close to essential in the context of good communications.

The important point about getting contact information, be it by telephone or email, is that the person you are contacting must be ready and willing to respond to your communication. If they do not publish the details that you want, this could be because they are not inviting you to use them.

It may make you feel better to fire off a highly critical email to the personal mailbox of the Chief Executive of an organisation or rant by telephone to someone who answers an inappropriate alternative geographic telephone number. If they are not willing to respond to a communication presented in that way it does nothing more than cause them personal annoyance. If that is the sole objective, then it may be achieved.

Whether we like it or not, it is generally necessary to persuade people to behave in the way that we wish them to. There are many ways of achieving this, other than being all sweet and friendly, however it has to come down to persuasion, in some form, in the end. Even if the law is changed, people only comply by choice, rather than risking the consequences of breaching it.

IP Logged

trevor2Sheds

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 6:25pm

Have just found this site for email addresses which looks pretty much up todate    http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge