Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Warranty Wise - Claims (Read 31,605 times)
gerryambler

Warranty Wise - Claims
Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:04pm

Does anyone have a workable number for the claims department of WARRANTYWISE in Burnley.

The alternative number given on the SAYNO site appears to be a fax line ,judging by the noises.

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:10pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: warrantwise - claims dept.line
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:07pm

According to their web site there is this number 0800 169 7880

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Warranty Wise - Claims
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:14pm

gerryambler wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:04pm:
The alternative number given on the SAYNO site appears to be a fax line ,judging by the noises.

Alternative to what?  Roll Eyes

I'd like to update the entry, so please post what you have been given.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:25pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

gerryambler

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 4:21pm

Thanks Sherbert; unfortunately I specifically asked for a number for their Claims Dept. The 0800 number is their Sales Dept. Their literature and their website quotes the 0845 number for the claims dept., for which I was trying to find a NG number.

Dave, I [mistakenly] thought that when I said 'the alternative number', it was obvious that I was talking about the number given on the SAYNO site  -- 01282 4411106  --  which as I said, appears to be  FAX LINE.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 4:25pm

How about this number given on the FSA register?:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmBasicDetails.do;jsessionid=3b4737b4b2004f2baa...

Tel: 01282 779 086
Fax: 01282 778 368

IP Logged

gerryambler

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 9:28am

Thanks Dave, but I'm afraid this number does not get me the Claims Dept.  It goes to their Sales Dept. who claim not to be able to put me through [because they are in another department  --doh!]; all they do is to quote me the 0845 2932570 number  --  which is very one I'm trying to find an alternative [NG] number for.

P.S. Does the company (s) get a rake-off for this type of number  --  in the same way that I understand they do for the 0870 etc. numbers ??
I appreciate that the companies are offering 'local-number call rates' but I [like many others, I suspect] pay for an all-in telephone package that excludes NG numbers. And, yes I know that it is our telephone service providers that we should be getting at [but wouldn't this make the SAYNO.. site redundant?].

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:17pm

gerryambler wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 9:28am:
Thanks Dave, but I'm afraid this number does not get me the Claims Dept.  It goes to their Sales Dept. who claim not to be able to put me through [because they are in another department  --doh!]; all they do is to quote me the 0845 2932570 number  --  which is very one I'm trying to find an alternative [NG] number for.

Thanks for that. I've listed the 01282 779086 number in the database as an alternative for 0800 169 7880 with a note to say that it is for sales only. These two numbers are answered identically as I've just tried them.

Let's look at what we have:

01282 779086 Sales voice
01282 778368 Sales fax
01282 772125 Claims fax

I'm looking for a common prefix and there isn't one. It looks like the numbers into this office have nothing in common and therefore at present there is little hope of working out what the 01282 claims number is.

The building they're in looks to be quite large and the way that there is a large Warranty Wise sign on the front suggests that they are the only occupier:

P.S. Does the company (s) get a rake-off for this type of number  --  in the same way that I understand they do for the 0870 etc. numbers ??

The rules for 0870 numbers changed on 1 August. The subsidy (premium) on 0870 calls has now been removed. Some providers like BT have responded by bringing 0870 call rates inline with 01/02/03 ones. Some like Virgin Media and the mobile companies have decided not to pass on savings to their customers.

The use of any type of revenue sharing number benefits the user, whether they receive revenue directly or not.

I appreciate that the companies are offering 'local-number call rates' but I [like many others, I suspect] pay for an all-in telephone package that excludes NG numbers. And, yes I know that it is our telephone service providers that we should be getting at [but wouldn't this make the SAYNO.. site redundant?].

The cost of calls to 0844/0845 numbers is not the fault of the telephone companies we make our calls with. They are only retailing the calls. It is the call recipient's telephone provider that is charging our (i.e. the caller's) telephone provider more. The amount they charge is down to the number prefix chosen by their customer, the company we are calling.

Including revenue sharing numbers in packages or lowering their retail call rate does nothing to alleviate the problem. The telephone companies we make our calls with still incur the higher charges, and therefore pass them on to consumers in general.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:26pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:35pm

I'm trying to find out more information about this company. Who are the management?

This thread has a message from Lawrence Whittaker at Warranty Wise:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/archive/index.php/t-201288.html

He gives his e-mail address as lawrence@warrantywise.co.uk . I have come across a few other Warranty Wise e-mail addresses posted on the internet and they are all firstname only, like this. That suggests that there's only one person by each name and therefore that it's only a small company.

Send Lawrence an e-mail and ask him for a 01/02 number for claims. If you get one, let us know on here and I will add it to the database for others to use.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:43pm

Dave wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:17pm:
Let's look at what we have:

01282 779086 Sales voice
01282 778368 Sales fax
01282 772125 Claims fax

I used to deal with a company that had some weird phone system that worked great for voice users, but any time they wanted a fax line, they just got BT to stick in another single line .. they ended up with dozens of the things! Ditto back when ISDN was the in-thing for internet access, we'd often find companies with Business Highway lines and using one of the analogue ports for the fax.  So, yes, finding lots of obviously random numbers is disheartening, but if most are fax, don't take it as gospel that there isn't going to be a DDI range for the voice calls.   It looks like a fairly new building, so hopefully they'll have a decent phone system in place, which would encourage a DDI based system, and not just an old analogue "six lines on one number" system!

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:44pm by irrelevant »  

IP Logged

Warrantywise

Warrantywise
Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 11:54pm

Hi There

My name is Lawrence Whittaker, partner of Warrantywise. I have noticed that you have been discussing 0845 numbers and the such so I thought I would lend a hand and explain what the situation is with our Used Car Warranty Claims Department.

The 0845 number that we use for our claims line is 0845 293 2570 and it is a local rate number and shouldn't cost you more than if you are making a local rate call. However, if you want to call us on your mobile phone, this number will cost you pence per minute and you will need to ring our landline number - should you want the call to use up your free minutes or whatever. We do have a landline for both our sales and claims department, the number for the landline sales line is 01282 779 086 and landline claims is 01282 776 731. We do note receive a "kick back" from any of our phone numbers.

On another note, I notice that Dave mentioned that my email address being lawrence@warrantywise.co.uk meant we were a small company. I can assure you that we do have people at our office with the same name, when that happens we simply add their surname to the email address, but on the most part I prefer the idea of first name terms in business and that is why we insist on having emails with first names only where we can. In the world of used car warranties, we are one of the largest companies in the UK.

I hope that this clears everything up for you guys.

Happy Motoring!

Lawrence.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 1:24am

Hi Lawrence and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for providing the alternative number we've been looking for. I've added it to the database.  Smiley

I take back what I said above about the size of your company. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2009 at 1:24am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 11:22am

Dave, shouldn't it be explained to Lawrence at Warranty Wise that, in spite of his helpfulness, 0845 is NOT a local rate number as there is no such thing???!!!

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Barbara wrote on Dec 6th, 2009 at 11:22am:
Dave, shouldn't it be explained to Lawrence at Warranty Wise that, in spite of his helpfulness, 0845 is NOT a local rate number as there is no such thing???!!!

Funnily enough I was about to post the same, but Barbara has beaten me to it.

IP Logged

gerryambler

Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 5:16pm

I'm happy to accept that Barbara and Sherbert are correct in informing us about the 'local' 0845 numbers, but is this not how this NG number started off  --  with companies informing us that if we dialled them them using this prefix, we would 'only' be charged at the [then ??] local call rate (as opposed to the 0870 'non-local' rate ??)?
Any way, as I started this post, I would like to thank all contributors for helping to persuade Lawrence to give us 'packaged' telephone users a 'free' phone number in which to reach their claime Dept.

Incidentally, and I know this is perhaps not the correct post-box for me to say, that I have recently 'joined' Warrantywise [after two years with another similar company  -- I'm sure Honest John's column of the DT's Saturday Motoring section will sooner or later plug] and have just had a claim settled in full without any argument . . .   and I can't say this is the norm for other companies.

IP Logged

Warrantywise

Warrantywise
Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 6:27pm

Hi Gerry, Barbara & Dave

Firstly I am pleased that you have had a smooth Warrantywise claims process Gerry and at renewal time let me know and I will offer you some extra renewal discount for your kind words. However, I don't think "Honest John" will print anything soon, despite my best efforts in contacting him. The Daily Telegraph (in which his column appears) are at the moment in bed with Warranty Direct (our competitors) in a joint venture deal. Thus so Honest John refuses to write anything good about Warrantywise - not very honest i'm sure you will agree, or impartial. However, I don't necessarily have anything against Honest John as I am sure that he gets pressured from the powers that be to write only good about Warranty Direct, saying that, this is exactly the sort of thing that drives me and Quentin crazy... how are the public expected to get a rounded view of any company when such people are biased in such a way? And its not just Honest John! All I can say to anyone who is looking to buy a car warranty product is to get a copy of each policy before purchasing and compare it very carefully with other companies you are looking at! The main things to watch out for are compulsory excess', betterment clauses, consequential damage limitations and ridiculous cooling off period's before you can claim (some of them are 90 days - even at companies who you would think are fairly reputable!!!)

In response to Dave and Barbara, I was unaware that 0845 wasn't local rate, that is what my telecoms company tells me when they sell it to me! They told me that if I had an 0870 number I would get so much kick back per minute, 0844 numbers pay a bit less and 0845 numbers don't pay anything as they are only charged at a local rate! Am i missing something here? Is there a better number I could use?

Kind regards

Lawrence

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge