Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cambridge Jobcentre Plus (Read 13,774 times)
spk

Cambridge Jobcentre Plus
Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:31pm

Until recently, I've been using 01223 545 483 to contact the Cambridge Jobcentre Plus. This has worked reliably.

However, I just called this number today - having not had reason to call them for a few weeks - and was told by the lady who answered the phone that she wasn't at the Cambridge Jobcentre Plus but was in fact at a central call centre in Ipswich, to which this number was diverted two weeks ago. She said that if I wanted to contact Cambridge Jobcentre Plus directly I would have to ring 0845 604 3719  Angry

I asked her for a geographical number, but she said she didn't have one to give me.

Anyone have a new geographical number for the Cambridge Jobcentre Plus?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Cambridge Jobcentre Plus
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm

spk wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:31pm:
Until recently, I've been using 01223 545 483 to contact the Cambridge Jobcentre Plus. This has worked reliably.

If you have been using this number, then please tell us why it is not listed in the database?  Huh

There is one entry, unverified, for Cambridge Jobcentre: 01223 545200. The note by it says "Cambridge Jobcentre (Internal Switchboard, will direct calls from members of the public)".

Try it and let us know how you get on. If it works sucessfully then I can list it as verified.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2010 at 5:06pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

spk

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 5:45pm

Dave wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm:
spk wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:31pm:

If you have been using this number, then please tell us why it is not listed in the database?  Huh

I'm new here - go easy on me! Smiley

There is one entry, unverified, for Cambridge Jobcentre: 01223 545200. The note by it says "Cambridge Jobcentre (Internal Switchboard, will direct calls from members of the public)".

Try it and let us know how you get on. If it works sucessfully then I can list it as verified.  Smiley

Just got a message telling me that the lines were busy, but this may be because they close at 5pm. The OGM just said, "Thank you for calling Jobcentre Plus, part of the Department for Work and Pensions," without specifying any particular job centre. So I can't say that number's been verified.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 5:56pm

Try it and let us know how you get on. If it works sucessfully then I can list it as verified.  Smiley

Just got a message telling me that the lines were busy, but this may be because they close at 5pm. The OGM just said, "Thank you for calling Jobcentre Plus, part of the Department for Work and Pensions," without specifying any particular job centre. So I can't say that number's been verified. [/quote]
You could try it another day and then let us know how you get on.

Or, I believe other numbers will be nearby; see my posting on finding numbers for Jobcentre Plus offices.

The "old" number for Cambridge JCP is the number I suggested, 01223 545200, so perhaps it is still in service. Numbers within each office will be within a range. So, for example, 545200 will probably be the first, then 545201, 202, 203 etc. The number you used to use is 483, so that suggests that they have hundreds of numbers, i.e. 5452xx, 5453xx, 5454xx.

Each number will be direct to an extension on someone's desk. You will have to try some and see as I doubt that anyone with insider knowledge will suggest one.

When you do find such an alternative (or indeed if you try any unsuccessfully), then please post here so I can add it/them to the listings.  Smiley

IP Logged

CookPass

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:58pm

Just came across this thread while searching for the number by google. I happened to have the number in my phone from a previous call back in December anyway, and it is 01223545420. That will put you through to the Cambridge Job Centre. It works. I just called them ten minutes ago.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 2:28pm

CookPass wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 1:58pm:
Just came across this thread while searching for the number by google. I happened to have the number in my phone from a previous call back in December anyway, and it is 01223545420. That will put you through to the Cambridge Job Centre. It works. I just called them ten minutes ago.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for this; I've added it to the listings.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge