Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epping Forest District Citizens Advice Bureau/CAB (Read 12,881 times)
veganpanda

London
Epping Forest District Citizens Advice Bureau/CAB
Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:30pm

If anyone knows the phone number for Loughton's (Essex) CAB, I would be really grateful.

I am beyond upset that the vast majority of public service organisations are now on non-geographical phone numbers, such as 0844/0870/0845, etc. It gets worse all the time, I never expected the CAB would go down the same road!  Angry

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:57pm by Dave »  

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"&&Albert Einstein

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Citizens Advice Bureau
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:39pm

You have not given us any addresses to help us.

However I have found these on the www.192.com site....

St Marys Parish Centre, High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1BB ...........................020 8502 0031

St Marys Parish Centre, High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1BB..........................020 8508 5152

203 High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1AZ .......................................................020 8502 0031

Please let us know if they are any good

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Epping Forest District Citizens Advice Bureau/
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:03pm

veganpanda wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:30pm:
If anyone knows the phone number for Loughton's (Essex) CAB, I would be really grateful.

When you make a request for help, please post all information you have, including the 08 number, address, web address etc.

This is a branch of Epping Forest District CAB which, from its website, says it has three offices:

Epping: 50a Hemnall Street, Epping CM16 4LS
Loughton: St. Mary's Parish Centre, High Road, Loughton IG10 1BB
Waltham Abbey: Side Entrance, Town Hall, Highbridge Street, Waltham Abbey EN9 1DE

The website says they share the same phone number: 0844 257 1909

Putting into Google epping citizens advice returns the following as the first link:
http://www.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/community/citizens_advice_bureau.asp

Quote:
Where Is The Epping Forest District CAB Based?

The Epping Forest District CAB has 3 branches. A telephone answering service is available when there are no staff to take calls.
Epping Branch

50a Hemnall Street, Epping, Essex, CM16 4PY - telephone on 01992 574989.
Loughton Branch

St Marys Parish Centre, High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1BB - telephone on 020 8502 0031.
Waltham Abbey Branch

Town Hall (side entrance), Waltham Abbey, Essex, EN9 1DE - telephone on 01992 710353.

The first number, 01992 574989, has a network redirection message to 020 8502 0031. Calling 020 8502 0031 greets one with options for this Bureau so I have listed it in the database.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:07pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

veganpanda

London
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:53pm

Thanks for all replies, very helpful indeed!  Smiley

Sorry about my original post, as you can see I'm somewhat of a newbie here, it's really not nice to be told off on one of my beginner posts  Cry

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"&&Albert Einstein

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:11pm

All what Dave and I were asking that you and others, when making a request is to read the instructions first, which Dave has written here

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1107463510 ;  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:11pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:18pm

veganpanda wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:53pm:
Thanks for all replies, very helpful indeed!  Smiley

Sorry about my original post, as you can see I'm somewhat of a newbie here, it's really not nice to be told off on one of my beginner posts  Cry

I hope Citizens Advice helps you; they are renowned for it.

I wish to address the subject of the first sentences by myself and sherbert; we have a serious issue. The site works by volunteers helping users find numbers where they haven't been successful in tracking down alternatives.

We find that postings are made giving no basic information; the sort of information that the requestor is likely to be in possession of. The requestor would like to get to a point where an alternative number is available, but to get to that point we need basic infomation. Even though we are unpaid, we find that it is therefore necessary to devote time to finding that information, time which we wouldn't have to had it been provided in the first place.

That is our predicament. If we didn't make any mention of the lack of information, then it is likely that further requests from the same users would again carry little information (assuming that they come back).

IP Logged

veganpanda

London
Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:58pm

Hi Dave,

Can I first state that I did not put Epping Forest CAB, as that's not the branch I was after, I did say Loughton!

Yes it seems you're right that the CAB seem to be going well downhill, I went on their website to see CAB hours at Loughton, which seemed really useful... but the awful recorded phone message states they have basically cut their hours by around 75% which is pretty useless  Angry

I'm sorry if I sound angry/upset... I'm in court next week with no help at all  Cry

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 3:29pm

I have used the CAB a couple of times in the past and have found them to be pretty useless and a waste of time. I believe I am right in saying that they are run by volunteers with maybe the exception of the manager.

I would suggest if you need advice with a court appearance, there would be no better advice than to take a trip to a local solicitor, after all that is probably all a CAB advisor would tell you to do.

Ok, a solicitor will cost you but nothing in this world is really free.

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2011 at 3:29pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 3:30pm

veganpanda wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
Can I first state that I did not put Epping Forest CAB, as that's not the branch I was after, I did say Loughton!

I changed the name of the thread on discovering that Loughton CAB is a branch office of Epping Forest District CAB. You were looking for the number for Loughton CAB, and from what I found there is a single number for these three offices (all part of Epping Forest CAB). Indeed, this CAB's contact page says that its registered office is the Loughton one, even though it has "Epping Forest" in its name, so calls are probably answered there in any case.

Nationally, Citizens Advice Bureau is comprised from smaller Bureaux which may operate several offices in a particular area (e.g. this one has three). I rename threads to the most appropriate name, and to assist in the future if someone posts on the same organisation. In this case, the name of the organisation is "Epping Forest District CAB".

veganpanda wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
Yes it seems you're right that the CAB seem to be going well downhill, I went on their website to see CAB hours at Loughton, which seemed really useful... but the awful recorded phone message states they have basically cut their hours by around 75% which is pretty useless  Angry

I'm sorry if I sound angry/upset... I'm in court next week with no help at all  Cry

Citizens Advice Bureaux are charities and many staff are volunteers. I would never criticise such an organisation which I'm sure does the best it can with what it's got.

With respect, the choice would appear to be to bear with Citizens Advice and get help from them or pay a solicitor. Be optimistic, it's only Tuesday, so there is time. I would ring and make an appointment, explaining the situation of the time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge