Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 890,129 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire)
Reply #120 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:03am

Dave wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 8:34pm:
BBC Coventry & Warwickshire will be covering the subject of GPs with 084 phone numbers tomorrow morning.

At 9:30 Coventry North East MP Bob Ainsworth will be on and at 10:20 a campaigner will be on air. You can listen in on 94.8FM, 103.7FM, 104FM or DAB. The station can also be heard online here.

Members might like to listen to the BBC Coventry & Warwickshire programme which went out on 1st November, and featured Mark Pawsey MP and some campaigners.

A recording of the relevant portions of the broadcast on Friday 20 January is now available to hear online.

A news release and MP briefing covering the debate has been distributed and published. Members and readers may wish to lobby their own MPs to support the debate and perhaps contribute.

Some interest has already been excited in Essex - Campaigners welcome Commons debate on 0844 numbers.

For those wishing to attend the debate in person, there is public access. Anyone planning a public demonstration should consult the Police immediately.

The debate will be covered live online via http://www.parliamentlive.tv/. A permanent archive is retained on that site also.

BBC Parliament will be broadcasting the debate at around 9.00 a.m. on Saturday 28 January.

A record of the proceedings will be available in Hansard and on http://www.theyworkforyou.com at some point on Wednesday.

(Perhaps a new thread should be opened in the forum to cover this particular national and general topic. It would need to contain this and all previous postings.)

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #121 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 7:28am

Further to the previous posting, a proposal has been published to suggest how the government may respond to the debate on Tuesday.

This is summarised, and linked to, here.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #122 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 11:16pm

I have listened to a number of the broadcasts and even the MPs are not aware of the exact terminology Sad

But it is fantastic that they are now taking the issue of 08 numbers seriously

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #123 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 1:40am

I totally agree bazzerfewi

I have just sent this latest SCV post as with the previous one with the links to my Contact in a PCT where all the info I have sent is received with great interest and I understand vigerous action is immenent.

I have always said that most of the wording from DoH to PCTs was so wishy washy and with no info as to where to turn for expert advice this is the result. That is mostly the reason GP's were able to get away with handing a Compliance Letter from NEG/Daisy to PCTs' that didnt understand that NEG/Daisy were pulling a fast one with the assistance of BMA who should know better, all the while leading the way by having an 0844 on board and extoling its virtues and backing GPs pockets against Patients Phone Bills and distress. Shame on the BMA

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #124 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:57am

To watch and listen to the 30 minute Westminister Hall debate live at 12:30 today visit:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=9855

The same link will show a recording of the whole of the session in Westminister Hall about 15 minutes after it concludes at 2.00.

I am told that adding "&st=12:30:00" to the link will start the playback at 12:30.

Hopefully, when we know precisely when the debate begins we will be able to post a precise link to see the recording.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #125 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 6:07pm

The adjornment debate can be watched on Parliament TV here.

There were some excellent points made. The Minister said that patients can help by presenting evidence that their calls have cost more. Bob Ainsworth rightly pointed out that the patients that pay more are often those on mobiles who wouldn't raise the issue. Others may be louthed to offend their doctor, and therefore may well be put off from speaking up.

The Health Minister also said that the figure of 1,300 surgeries on outlawed telephone numbers was often bounded about, but that his Department has seen no evidence of it despite making enquiries !!

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #126 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 8:06pm

I have just been listening with interest to the radio broadcast in regard to Bob Ainsworth raising the Doctors surgery campaign.I was astounded to then learn that the radio station quoted a 0845 number 08459005200

Granted they are better that 0844 number but
WHAT  HYPCRITS

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #127 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 8:23pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 8:06pm:
I have just been listening with interest to the radio broadcast in regard to Bob Ainsworth raising the Doctors surgery campaign.I was astounded to then learn that the radio station quoted a 0845 number 08459005200

Granted they are better that 0844 number but
WHAT  HYPCRITS

This is a common problem with coverage on BBC local radio. The point is always made - there was a gentle brief reference to "a certain radio station" needing to consider migration to 034 on this occasion. On balance, I am grateful that they are prepared to give coverage to the bigger issue, rather than avoiding it due to the danger of being seen to be hypocritical.

Coverage of the issue does not excuse their continuing use of an inappropriate number, but I would rather that they exposed themselves to the risk of this accusation than that they showing consistency by refusing to cover it. Hypocrisy may be a sin, but a readiness to face accusations of hypocrisy may be a virtue.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #128 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 8:28pm

I have now listened to all the radio stations on the link that was sent and I am very concerned.

Richard Vaultery head of the Leeds PCT was defending the fact that Doctors had paid out cash and what's more they are contractually obliged to carry on.

My fear is that there are too many so called experts that defend this procedure but in fact they are not experts in this field.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #129 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:47pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 8:28pm:
... Richard Vaultery head of the Leeds PCT ...

Richard Vautrey is neither "head of the Leeds PCT", nor is he, as he was described, the Deputy Chairman of the BMA.

He is a partner in a Leeds General Practice and Deputy Chairman of the General Practitioner's Committee of the BMA. In the latter role, he is the chief negotiator for GPs when revisions to the terms of their contracts are proposed. He is a user and defender of Surgery Line.

IP Logged

catj

Reply #130 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:30am

Dave wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 6:07pm:
The Health Minister also said that the figure of 1,300 surgeries on outlawed telephone numbers was often bounded about, but that his Department has seen no evidence of it

They obviously didn't see this: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahj34-jsbIWldFU4OUpiaE1RM3hHcENHOUE...
which "provides details of the 1423 GP surgeries in the UK listed by "the NHS" as using 084 numbers, with links to source data."
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:31am by catj »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #131 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 2:03am

Further to previous comments, and with acknowledgement of the suggested theme, I have commented on Mr Burns's reading problem - Government blind to NHS GP contract breaches.

He actually misread my briefing paper which refers to "nearly 1300 surgeries", not "1300 practices" - the number listed is 1292, although there are some deletions pending and further updates may be necessary.

I include there a link to a clip of the relevant comments and raise a possible political reason for this odd failure to see, not just nearly 1300 cases, but "any evidence of this".

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #132 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 2:55am

Quote:
I am told that adding "&st=12:30:00" to the link will start the playback at 12:30.

I found that this didnt work for me - perhaps I did it incorrectly but I found another way to get to the required point that I have used on other filmed sites.

This to find the 'Play time line' as I call it and in this particular case it is called 'Seek' - it is a blue oblong directly above the Stop button and if is dragged to the Right, will slowly forward the images - in this case it needs to be dragged to just over 1/2 way across and you will find the Debate on Small Businesses and is just a matter of finding the end of that particular Debate Section.

I found this worked well for me so didnt have to wait through the earlier parts. 

There was one part which I was interested in whilst listening and working on how to advance it to 0844 and that was about the part about how sections of the NHS are going to be 'Localised' I am trying to obtain the Section on this from my Local Borough's Annual Overview Document, Iam concerned because this Localising will probably lead to vastly differing quality of Service unless there is more strict
monitoring than the PCTs' have shown to have done with regard to 0844

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012 at 4:36am by speedy »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #133 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:56am

The full text of yesterday's debate is now available in Hansard:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201212/cmhansrd/cm120124/halltext/120...

UPDATE

I have published comments on selected quoted portions, with particular reference to government policy.

UPDATE

I have now published a blog entry to present the impassioned plea from Simon Burns,
who is itching to ensure enforcement of the rules of the NHS,  Roll Eyes
but is hindered by nobody being willing or able to help him Cry.

Wink

If members and guests could assist by encouraging everyone who could be able to help Mr Burns, to view his video appeal (along with his contact details and further advice), then it may be that he will get some sufficiently precise and concrete items of readable evidence.

Please note that I am only publishing the appeal that Mr Burns made to "the right hon. Gentleman [Bob Ainsworth], and to anyone else who has an interest in this important subject".
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:38am by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #134 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:59am

Some coverage in both a regional and local newspaper.

Locals may wish to attack, add to or follow-up on the respective comments.

More may follow from this organ.

I must urge all readers to respond to the passionate request from Simon Burns, as referred to above, and invite others to do the same. Mr Burns appears to need 1300 responses at the very least.

This has been presented as a "challenge" - so the tone for the responses has been set by the manner in which they have been invited.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge