<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lenovo (Read 14,328 times)
Grandalise

Lenovo
Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:55am

Hi Has anyone got a non Geo number for this 0844 2491112 its Lenovo tec help for my Lenovo G780 laptop, i phoned the number yesterday and it cost me £1.50 for 30 mins and i didnt even get to talk to the tec person  Angry .
Thank You
Graham
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 9:58am by Grandalise »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Lenovo
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 1:40pm

I found this 01475-897-163

here

http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

Is this of any help?

IP Logged

Grandalise

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 1:55pm

Thank you Sherbert, The number you so kindly found for me   does not support the Lenovo G series and they give you this 08442491112 to ring  Cry
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 1:56pm by Grandalise »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:54pm

Hello and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com. I put together some information and ideas here for posting and finding an alternative.

Thus far little information has been gathered so perhaps we are expecting this to fall into our laps.

We must note that the page found by sherbert clearly identifies differing support helplines for different Lenovo products:
  • THINK-branded products: 01475 897163 or 0870 550 0900 for standard warranty support
  • IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series products: 0844 249 1112

This suggests that they perhaps originated from different places or parts of the company and that the calls to each are dealt with in different (unconnected) places. Still, it is always worth a try ringing this 01475 number to see if it is possible to access the service provided on the 0844 number.

I then did something simple — something which took a few seconds and which anyone with access to the internet can do — I put the 0844 number into Google, as in searched for 0844 249 1112. This returned a number of results that gave an associated e-mail address popuk@medion.com.

This would appear to be a vital clue!

I called the 0844 number and after the announcement said Lenovo it then said "If you already have a customer number…".

I then did a search of the database for
Medion
(having found its e-mail address alongside the 0844 number). Ringing the first number 01793 715630 greets one with the message welcoming one to Medion. It then goes to the exact same recording  "If you already have a customer number…". This can also be accessed without the welcome to <insert company> message via 01793 715626 (i.e. it goes straight to "If you already have…".

As I say, it is necessary to assemble some information or clues in order find an alternative unless we wish to restrict ourselves to obtaining alternatives which others "know" or have "got".
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:32pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Cgamis

New Lenovo number (currently listed not working)
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:45pm

Hi! Long time user of the website, first time poster (thanks all of you for the money you've saved me so far!)

I'm looking for a regional (or, failing that, an 080 number) for Lenovo technical support to help fix my laptop, replacing the paid number 0844-249-1112, listed here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

There is, of course, already a thread for this, and the tech support for THINK branded products (sadly not one of mine), linking to IBM, appears to still work. However, while the replacement number for the one above still reaches Medion, when you speak to a representative they tell you they can't help you and give you the 0844 number to call.

The company's mailing address is 18 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, RG27 9UP - although I get the impression that the tech support is not based there.

I don't have a landline so calling the 0844 number is prohibitively expensive - any ideas on where to start looking?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: New Lenovo number (currently listed not working)
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 2:56pm

Cgamis wrote on Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:45pm:
I'm looking for a regional (or, failing that, an 080 number) for Lenovo technical support to help fix my laptop, replacing the paid number 0844-249-1112, listed here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

There is, of course, already a thread for this, and the tech support for THINK branded products (sadly not one of mine), linking to IBM, appears to still work. However, while the replacement number for the one above still reaches Medion, when you speak to a representative they tell you they can't help you and give you the 0844 number to call.

The company's mailing address is 18 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, RG27 9UP - although I get the impression that the tech support is not based there.

I don't have a landline so calling the 0844 number is prohibitively expensive - any ideas on where to start looking?

I have joined your posting on to the existing thread for which you provided a link because it appears that it is relevant.

The thread in question covers both support phone numbers provided by Lenovo, these being given on the page you linked to:
  • THINK products - 0870 550 0900
  • IDEA products - 0844 249 1112

The alternative we listed for the latter, but which I have now removed as you report it as not suitable, was 01793 715630. This is a Medion number, as the clues pointed to (see my posting above).

You ask where to start. The obvious answer is with what we know. We need to ascertain what company provides the support.

I would firstly try to find out whether Medion has relinquished support for Lenovo IDEA models, and if it has, who currently holds the contract.

The obvious thing to do is make a test call to the 0844 number to see how it answers. This can throw up clues as the way in which a published 08 number answers might be key to nailing an alternative. (If the cost of such a call is not considered justified then obviously one isn't really interested in the bigger saving offered by an alternative, or else may spend much time looking for an alternative whilst overlooking a big clue which would save that time.)

It turns out that the 0844 249 1112 number answers just as it did in September 2012, as described above. So too does the 01793 715630 number. This points the finger back at Medion because the voice and wording on both the recordings is the same!

I can therefore only suspect that Medion has something in place that screens calls which come "in" on the "wrong" number, despite the fact that knowledge of the customer number would allow the call to be directed accordingly. In the case of 01793 715630, it is "The Medion Customer Hotline".

I previously pointed out that 01793 715626 enters the IVR at "If you already have a customer number…," that is there is no company name. I propose that this might be something to try and ask for feedback either way.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2014 at 3:22pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

emmorey

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:06pm

I just phoned the 0844 2491112 Lenovo Technical support number and asked them to call me back, they couldn't do outbound calls but they did give me this number for standard rates:

0333 777 3991

It worked and I got through to the same line, and sorted out my technical enquiry (that my new charger needed replacing)!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 7:13pm

emmorey wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:06pm:
I just phoned the 0844 2491112 Lenovo Technical support number and asked them to call me back, they couldn't do outbound calls but they did give me this number for standard rates:

0333 777 3991

It worked and I got through to the same line, and sorted out my technical enquiry (that my new charger needed replacing)!

Thank you for posting this; it is now listed on the Lenovo website and I've added it to the database.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge