Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lincs2advice use of 0844. (Read 7,192 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

Lincs2advice use of 0844.
Jul 24th, 2014 at 5:43am

Newly launched information service for people in Lincolnshire funded by lottery money using  0844 number for landline callers and 0300 number for mobile users. I wonder whose clever idea this was.

They claim 0844 is a national rate,dont mention connection charge,and they say they dont make any money from callers.

"Calls to our national phone service (0844 number) will be charged at five pence per minute from a BT landline and may cost considerably more from mobile and other phones. We do not make a profit from the costs of calling our telephone services."

www.lincs2advice.org.uk.

Story about them here http://www.skegnessstandard.co.uk/news/local/lincs2advice-information-service-la...
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2014 at 5:52am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

sergeant121

Have you noticed how many
politicians are lawyers?

Re: Lincs2advice use of 0844.
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 3:06pm

I see that, under the 0300 number on the home page, the website states "Calls to 0300 numbers from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages" so that suggests that they have not done what CAB (?) did some time ago and somehow bar landline calls to their 0300 number from getting through.

How can you tell when a lawyer's lying?  His (or her) lips move.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Lincs2advice use of 0844.
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 5:58pm

sergeant121 wrote on Jul 24th, 2014 at 3:06pm:
I see that, under the 0300 number on the home page, the website states "Calls to 0300 numbers from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages" so that suggests that they have not done what CAB (?) did some time ago and somehow bar landline calls to their 0300 number from getting through.

They are only quoting standard info about 03 numbers.EG Its included in inclusive minutes.

I did  however call the 03 number from a landline and it was answered by their answering machine. So it can be listed as an alternative.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2014 at 6:00pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge