Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Santander bank - still offending (Read 32,215 times)
allegro

Re: Santander bank - still offending
Reply #15 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 7:28pm

I have escalated my complaint. I've also given a link to this thread and warned that there could be adverse publicity.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2015 at 7:30pm by allegro »  

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #16 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 11:16am

Response to my escalation. Not the brightest coin in the piggy bank.

Quote:
Good morning *******

Thank you for your email, I
m sorry you are unhappy with our response and I have registered your dissatisfaction under reference number 5521892.

However, I am failing to understand your issue, other than what my colleague Tarun outlined previously, although I thank you for your observations which have been recorded.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or alternatively you can speak to one of my colleagues by calling 0800 9123123. Lines are open Monday to Saturday 7am to 11pm & Sunday 8am to 10pm.

Kind regards,

Santander Customer Services

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 4:26pm

It doen't appear to have addressed the issue in regard to 087 premium rate numbers. I have also contacted Santander and my call has been esculated to the next level. The agent recorded my details as I contacted them verbally and I am awaiting the response, he assured me that all calls are responded to and he took my mobile number as a contact source. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will re-contact them, if other members wish to make contact it would assit in the campaign. There are a number of Free phone numbers on the site.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 7:22pm

Can someone please clarify the issue here.

Are 084/087 numbers still being used for particular services, other than those covered by 080/03/01/02 numbers?
This would be a breach of the FCA requirements.

Alternatively, is it simply a case of getting current published information up-to-date with recent number changes?

There may be some of each, but the difference is most significant.

One also needs to check that website references are to current documents, rather than to old material which carried the correct number at the time of publication.

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Dec 6th, 2015 at 11:18am:
This is a far and important point.

I meant to say

Quote:
This is a fair and important point.

Apologies. Sad
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2015 at 7:30pm by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

allegro

Reply #19 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 9:48pm

To make it absolutely clear. As of a few moments ago 084x numbers are still being published on the Santander website for use by existing customers in connection with their accounts. This is in clear breach of FCA requirements.

Here is an example that I got a few seconds ago when logging into my online banking:

Quote:
This is the image and phrase you have selected. If you do not recognise these, do not log on.

Instead call us on our helpdesk number - 0845 600 4388.

Opening hours are 7am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 9pm Sundays.

I have not rung any of these numbers (Thanks to SayNo) but others in this thread have said that at least one of them is no longer active and asks you to ring an 0800 number instead.

Hence the problem I am complaining about is that Santander are still publicising 084x numbers even though they aren't actually using them.

It may well be that other 084x and 087x numbers are still in use by Santander. This page is an especially nasty example with a mixture of 0843, 0844 and even 0871 numbers.
http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/insurance/car-insurance

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #20 - Dec 9th, 2015 at 11:45am

Thanks for your input, I have contacted Santander and although they state that they are CSA compliant they are still publishing 084 numbers. I have started the process and I am awaiting their reply.

Santander are not compliant at present in my view because they are still publishing 087/084 numbers.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

allegro

Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm

More than a year later there are still a few 0845 numbers published by Santander, though fewer than before. The 2 examples I cited in the complaint were when you log out of their 123 account it gives an 0845 contact number in case of problems.

Quote:
Before logging off review your activity summary below. If you have a query about any of the details displayed contact our Helpdesk on 0845 600 4388 for assistance.

The other was in an auto generated email they sent me in response to my complaint!

I've complained again and after some initial corporate drivel they now claim to be sorting it out.

If you actually ring one of the 0845 numbers you get a message telling you to redial an 0800 number. This means that although they have officially abolished 0845 numbers (hooray) they still haven't ferreted out all the odd ones on their website (boo).
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:16pm by allegro »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #22 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:35pm

allegro wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
More than a year later there are still a few 0845 numbers published by Santander, though fewer than before. The 2 examples I cited in the complaint were when you log out of their 123 account it gives an 0845 contact number in case of problems.

allegro,

Although you have nearly got there (after a very long interval indeed) with Santander it does strike me that your error here was in playing their game by dealing with the dumb and unskilled labour in customer services (who are frequently not intellectually capable of comprehending such matters, especially if they also have difficulty with speaking the English language and/or are foreign nationals domiciled in India or the Philippinnes) instead of escalating matters straight to their Compliance Officer (as they are a bank regulated by the FCA) and if having no joy there then on to their CEO as detailed at www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9340&k=5904e5f3&c=Santander%20Group%20Chief%20Exec...

One reason I withdrew from the fray here is because of the vast and disproprtionate amount of personal effort required to eliminate a common problem that many of the offenders were corporately programmed against doing anything about.  So if I didn't have a personal relationship with that organisation that required me to use its 084/7 number it simply wasn't worth all the time and effort, stress and emotional damage involved (which I get plenty more of elsewhere through other problems in my life such as being a feudal leasehold serf of an oppressive mediaevil landlord (otherwise know as our residents management company, dominated by people who are themselves leaseholders or flat owners)

Ultimately we have still lost anyway because BT group are still getting extremely fat on the additional interconnect costs of 03 compared to 01/02 (this is the main reason per call costs with 18185 and 1899 have gone up so drastically from 0p per  hour to over 60p per hour as 03 numbers are now such a huge part of the daytime call volumes that fixed line providers carry).

In addition BT is making a massive amount out of the extraordinary increase in just 13 years in line rental costs from only £6.33 per month in 2004 (when price controls on BT were removed by Ofcom) to £18.99 per month or so at the present time.  Compared to cumulative inflation of no more than 30% in the same time period.

There is also no competition on fixed line rental as all the other parties in the marketplace such as Sky and TalkTalk or Plusnet have to buy the line rental at whatever inflated price BT Wholesale is now demanding from them.  Basically those charges have gone up by exactly the same percentages as BT Retail line rental.

So basically an unfair and unreasonable set of inter connect charges by BT we could avoid on 084/7 numbers have been replaced by charges we cannot avoid (extortionate BT line rental that has nothing at all to do with the cost of operating the copper wires but everything to do with BT making up for lost revenue on fixed line calls by replacing it with ripofff copper line phone rental charges.

Of course if WiMax had not been blocked in this country by the regulators and the mobile networks actually had good enough 4G coverage to provide us with an alternative to fixed line broadband then BT would face some competition.  But now that BT own the largest mobile operator (EE) there is fat chance of that ever happening!.

So all in all its all been a huge waste of time (as I believe Arthur Dent once said in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy about the out evolved cavemen) as BT continue to rip everybody off and remains the large, inefficent and bloated fatcat (essentially comparable in unreformability to the NHS) it has always been.

Of course BT being forced to sell off Openreach may have some kind of eventual impact but I expect it will find a way round that too.................

But anyway I look forward to your final report shortly telling us that over a year on (and much more than that since the EU Consumer Rights Directive was incorporate in to UK law) Santander has at last finally been forced to change all publicly facing phone numbers from 084 to 03!
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2017 at 8:37pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #23 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 11:00pm

Although Santander still publishes a few 0845 numbers, if anyone happens to call one, a recorded message immediately tells the caller to hang up and re-dial the new 0800 number.

It is almost impossible to remove every last reference to old phone numbers. There are still some London businesses listed online with 071, 081, 0171 or 0181 numbers - from 20 years ago.

Termination rates for 03 numbers are around 0.56p per minute, not all that much different to those for 01 and 02 numbers at around 0.21p per minute, but closer to termination rates for mobile numbers at around 0.49p per minute. I doubt anyone is getting rich on an extra 0.3p per minute. The termination rate for 03 numbers is certainly a lot less than the rates for 084 and 087 numbers - those being up to 7p or 13p per minute.

BT and other landline provider's line rental increases are extraordinary. I am sure this hasn't gone unnoticed but multiple steps will be needed to unravel and fix it.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2017 at 11:04pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge