Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how do you find the geographic versions of 0870 nu (Read 18,160 times)
noo noo

how do you find the geographic versions of 0870 nu
Jul 28th, 2003 at 2:29pm

i just wondered what techniques other than google were used?  thanks

IP Logged

Krooga-network

Re: how do you find the geographic versions of 087
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2003 at 3:57pm

Hi there,
If someone could help me out with that also that would be great; what are the techniques for finding a a landline number from a non-geographic number ?

Thanks

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2003 at 10:20pm

I believe on occasions, the geographical number will show up if you call from an ISDN line ?? - Not sure exactly how this works myself, but I have heard this from other people.

Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

carol

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2003 at 3:26pm

I have e-mailed companys that i need to telephone and asked them if they have an international telephone number, several have emailed me back with their international number and all you have to do is replace the +44 at the start of the number with a o (zero) and the number becomes a normal geographical number.
It's worth a try. Smiley

IP Logged

Laura Blackburn

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2003 at 12:51pm

Call them from work at 0870 rate and ask them!! worked for me with several I have added to the site!!  Wink

IP Logged

agent007

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2003 at 11:18pm

Yes, I've done that with occasional success too. I think it's good to let them know their customers don't enjoy being ripped off!

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2003 at 10:10pm

I agree completely.

If you have found out some numbers not already listed on the site, please could you add them Shocked)

Thanks
Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

Faz

London
Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2003 at 11:08am

Someone told me the non-geo number would show up on their phone's display regularly when called from their work phone.  Apparently the number they originally dialed would first display, as normal, then simply change to the non-geo number at some point before the call was connected - not sure if this was before it started ringing or after, sorry.

This was at a large financial organisation, which unfortunetly they no longer work for, so no chance of getting them to "convert" some numbers, sorry!  Sad  Makes you wonder if they had a system (unoffical or otherwise) which always attempted to route non-geo numbers via the geo number, when this proved to be more cost effective.  I guess this could all be part of a complex least-cost-routing system whereby 0845 numbers may be charged at a higher rate than a standard local number due to arrangements they may have with telco's on call volume or whatever.

IIRC, a number of "alternative" telco's, such as onetel and 'telco' do in fact charge a higher rate for 0845 than for a standard local call, at least via their freephone (0800) access numbers (eg. calling cards and/or "walk 'n' talk") but not via calls routed to them via a BT line using their short code prefixes (eg. 1696, 1877 etc)

Sorry if I went on a bit, especially on my first post, hopefully someone reading found it remotely interesting Grin

IP Logged

leno

London
Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2003 at 8:10am

Just  have look at their 0870/0845 users stationery, there is often an international number, as 0870 and 0845 cannot be routed from many foriegn networks. Also 0871 numbers are for internal UK use only at this moment.

When the international number is found, remove the first bit usually displayed as one of these

+44 or +44 (0)
00 44  or 00 44 (0)

The replace with 0 and then you have the UK Geographical number

IP Logged

Paul Davditz

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2003 at 9:59pm

Grin I have a (free) email address with www.redmail.com.au - even though I am based in the UK.  I email companies using my .au address and explain that I need to contact them via the phone and they usually give their landline number without any problem.

Another way is if you have ACR (Anonymous Call Reject) on your line.  Give them a (quick) call on their 08** number and ask them to call you back.  Their 01/02 number and not their 08** number is shown on Caller Display and is available on 1471-3.  Their call won't connect if they withold their number, so they release their number by using 1470.

Good Luck - Hope this works for all of you out there.

Paul

IP Logged

erin

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2003 at 5:48pm

The number  020 7512 5202 given for HP customer care does not work.I called it this morning Nov11th and an automated response referred me to the 0870 number.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge