Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,847 times)
shelz15

Chamoneeee Hehee!!

Northern Ireland
Re: SKY
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 2:51pm

[color=Orange][/color] GrinHi,I got a letter from sky today about different packages and the number i'm given is 08706091645 open 24hours a day and 7 days a week hope this helps!   Tongue

Shelley-Marie Loughrey

IP Logged

bill

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 3:31pm

Quote:
[color=Orange][/color] GrinHi,I got a letter from sky today about different packages and the number i'm given is 08706091645 open 24hours a day and 7 days a week hope this helps!   Tongue

How would another disguised premium rate ripoff number help?

IP Logged

shelz15

Chamoneeee Hehee!!

Northern Ireland
Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 12:44pm

Quote:
How would another disguised premium rate ripoff number help?
erm Bill sorry didnt understand ur last message ..But...The number i gave is to see if he can get through to sky as this is the number im given to contact sky and they give u different options on the phone so i thought this might help him out...If not im sorry,and p.s what u mean another  disguised premium rate ripoff? ??? ???

Shelley-Marie Loughrey

IP Logged

BexTech

A Proud European!

Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 3:18am

Quote:
erm Bill sorry didnt understand ur last message ..But...The number i gave is to see if he can get through to sky as this is the number im given to contact sky and they give u different options on the phone so i thought this might help him out...If not im sorry,and p.s what u mean another  disguised premium rate ripoff? ??? ???

The whole point of this website!!

0870 generate income for the company you are calling, and can cost almost 8 pence per minute from a BT line, whereas the real geographical number does not cost anywhere near this amount, so calling an 0870 number is a premium over that of the real number.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2005 at 3:18am by BexTech »  

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 6:52pm

The number listed on the site for Sky Technical department is no longer available vai the number quoted either.  I do know that the internal way of calling a Sky office in Livingston where their extention is 1156xxx is 01506 406xxx

However, the numbers used for the 0870 numbers have internal numbers with extra digits in - 0818 719 852 in Ireland is internal extention 11577852.  (Perhaps I shouldn't have siad that!), but if anyone knows the UK geographic numbers which have internal numbers 11577xxx, please place it here!  Smiley  Hope this info is of some use.

IP Logged

james123

Sky Digital #s not connecting to customer service
Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 10:05am

I have tried all the numbers for Sky Digital customer service & none of them could connect me to customer service?

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Sky Digital #s not connecting to customer serv
Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 10:36am

Quote:
I have tried all the numbers for Sky Digital customer service & none of them could connect me to customer service?

Go via Disney Channel Helpline 08002792000 then press opt 1 for Sky CS.

BJ.

IP Logged

james123

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 4:12pm

Thank you bigjohn I got through no problem. Wink

IP Logged

BillH

Reply #23 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 6:28pm

Hi! Forgive me if I'm either on the wrong thread or repeating what may have gone before, but on an ITV commercial break this evening, Sky were advertising free installation and a free month if you "call local rate 08705 66 33 66". Perhaps someone more tenacious could follow this up? Keep up the good work. Thank you all. Bill

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #24 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 6:33pm

I dont think they would have a voice over on sky adverts.
Might have been "call now, 0870....."

Anyone can make a complaint about an advert on TV to Ofcom. (
You'll need to remember what daytime TV you were watching (daytime TV *shudders*), the time.

Youll prob get a response back saying it doesnt fall within their remit, talk to the ASA. Passing the Buck is normal with gov departments.

IP Logged

BillH

Reply #25 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 6:42pm

Hi mc661.  I confess to having Heartbeat on (for the old cars!) and couldn't believe the voice over first time and it was later repeated. It definitely said "call local rate" and gave the number in the layout as 08705 66 33 66" as I had pen and paper ready to write the exact speech with the intention of contributing to this site. Thanks. Bill

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #26 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 7:11pm

I believe it only comes under OfCOM remit if it was a sponsorship advert for the programme in question, otherwise it comes under the ASA remit.

I know this as I emailed ASA about Domino's pizza advertising an 0871 and remaining silent on the call costs but they said it was an OfCOM matter as it was a sponsorship advert for the Simpsons.  I've made a complaint to OfCOM that is still being investigated now and has been since end of May.  My guess is that they'll wait until OfCOM finally gets round to releasing what plans they have for NGN's before they do anything.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #27 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 7:40pm

Quote:

I know this as I emailed ASA about Domino's pizza advertising an 0871 and remaining silent on the call costs but they said it was an OfCOM matter as it was a sponsorship advert for the Simpsons.  ...

It's Pizza Hut that sponsor The Simpsons! See here.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #28 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 7:50pm

Quote:
It's Pizza Hut that sponsor The Simpsons! See here.
The advert I saw that was sponsoring The Simpsons was Domino's Pizza.  I saw it on SkyOne (I think) so maybe C4 have another sponsor for it, or it may have changed.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #29 - Aug 5th, 2005 at 7:56pm

Quote:
The advert I saw that was sponsoring The Simpsons was Domino's Pizza.  I saw it on SkyOne (I think) so maybe C4 have another sponsor for it, or it may have changed.

No Channel 4 still have Pizza Hut sponsoring it.

So Sky's sponsor is another pizza company which uses, let me guess, a 10p/min 0871?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge