Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,320,064 times)
marty111

Re: Sky
Reply #270 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 12:44pm

obvious wrote on Mar 14th, 2006 at 3:25pm:
Anyone got any UK geographic number for Sky where they can put me through to CS?

Both 0800's seem to be down and I don't fancy the 353 number as it costs me 15p a minute.

Edit : I rang Head Office on 0207 7053000 and they wouldn't put me through to CS so I told them they'd lose a customer and they put me through to complaints (just let it ring and it gets answered quickly) who were able to sort my problem out pretty darn quickly.

thats sky all along mention loosing a customer and they are happy to help but if you just say can you put me through to customer services apparently its impossible and cant be done but yet they can put you through to complaints  strange eh?

IP Logged

marty111

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #271 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 12:59pm

Dave wrote on Jul 31st, 2006 at 3:41pm:
I have updated the information in the database for 0800 5875707. You must enter a number followed by * and then select option 1. Do this 3 times and you will be transferred.

this number does not work asks you to dial 08702 404040 sky have closed yet another loop hole  Angry

seems just as fast as we find them they close them people from sky must keep a watch on this thread and the numbers list then inform there accountants/head office who promptly close the number  Huh

seems to me like we are swimming against the current Undecided
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2007 at 1:11pm by marty111 »  

IP Logged

thaksangbhong

Reply #272 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 7:24pm

j1mster wrote on Aug 16th, 2007 at 5:30pm:
I've just found another number by mistake  Wink

01506 831783

Cheers for that.  Rang the number, call was answered within seconds.  Gave my account details and transfered to the correct department.  I wanted to change my sky tv package but was told, I can keep the same package and pay a lower fee.  Saving me £8.50 a month.  I accepted.   Cool Cool

P.S. The call lasted about 4 minutes and it didn't cost me anything  Grin once again, thanx for that number  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2007 at 7:29pm by thaksangbhong »  
thaksangbhong  
IP Logged

Ophiicus

Reply #273 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 3:48pm

As of 18/08/07 two attempts at the 01506 831781 number failed at the entering number stage, resulting in an unobtainable signal after two valid telephone number entries.  However the new number above works OK - my friend who used it had no problems: straight through to someone who could deal with her query.

IP Logged

Pentatonic_Pete

Reply #274 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 8:49pm

Hi Guys,
I have found a number for Sky which is geographical but will not get you through to customer services, however I have just had an interesting chat with the PA to the "Group Director of Communications" by phoning the number listed on the following link. It will not solve your Sky issue but if enough people ring to complain on this number perhaps they will listen and sort their act out! Judging by the number of people who have posted commented about Sky and the 0870 number thing they are very very unpopular. Let's stop these monolithic Corporations with virtual Monopolies from treating their customers with disdain and be as much of a nuisance to them as they are to us
http://www.newscorp.com/management/bskyb.html

IP Logged

nikmac

Reply #275 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 4:26pm

Hi all - had to ring sky as remote stopped working with tv.  Got through on the 01506 831783 and got though after a little wait.  All sorted Grin  At least they have not stopped this number yet :exclamation
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2007 at 4:29pm by nikmac »  

IP Logged

thaksangbhong

Reply #276 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:30pm

Ophiicus wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 3:48pm:
As of 18/08/07 two attempts at the 01506 831781 number failed at the entering number stage, resulting in an unobtainable signal after two valid telephone number entries.  However the new number above works OK - my friend who used it had no problems: straight through to someone who could deal with her query.

yeah..I tried that number aswell.. Sad

thaksangbhong  
IP Logged

thaksangbhong

Reply #277 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:31pm

Pentatonic_Pete wrote on Aug 20th, 2007 at 8:49pm:
Hi Guys,
I have found a number for Sky which is geographical but will not get you through to customer services, however I have just had an interesting chat with the PA to the "Group Director of Communications" by phoning the number listed on the following link. It will not solve your Sky issue but if enough people ring to complain on this number perhaps they will listen and sort their act out! Judging by the number of people who have posted commented about Sky and the 0870 number thing they are very very unpopular. Let's stop these monolithic Corporations with virtual Monopolies from treating their customers with disdain and be as much of a nuisance to them as they are to us
http://www.newscorp.com/management/bskyb.html

This is a good idea  Cool

thaksangbhong  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #278 - Aug 23rd, 2007 at 12:14am

Thanks to someone who's entered 01506 421700 into the database for "Sky Digital". It gives a message saying that Sky tried to contact you etc.

Numbers that follow on are all for Sky and answer with various recorded menus. Perhaps someone with some time on their hands might like to try some numbers and, hopefully, match them up to 0870 numbers for inclusion in the database.

Some in the 01506 421xxx sequence are:

Help with Sky Box Office Movies: 706
TiVo: 710
PremPlus: 711
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2007 at 12:15am by Dave »  

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #279 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 9:48am

Just to confirm 01506 831783 still working this morning.  It is the Installations dept, based on the messages in the queue I was just in, but they seemed to have no problems transfering me to where I needed to be (Technical, in my case).

This number alone has saved me a lot of money these last couple of weeks... many thanks to the finder!!   (and a big thumbs down to Sky for terrible reliability of their HD boxes.. waiting for second replacement now..)
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2007 at 9:49am by irrelevant »  

IP Logged

HENRY_WODEHOUSE

Reply #280 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 12:49pm

I used the number 01506 831 781. I got straight through and asked about upgrading to SkyHD. The operator said I had to ring a different number. I said I didn't have one and that this was the only one I had. She said "are you sure?" I lied through my teeth and said I did not get a different number. She transferred me to the right department where it took 35 minutes to set up what I wanted, and hasn't cost me a penny in call charges.

IP Logged

crabtree

Wigan
Reply #281 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:37am

I've just noticed in the latest Sky magazine, the number 08702 436000 is used for the Sky helpline, underneath that, it says a £1 administration charge applies, I expect that'll be added to the Sky subscribers bill. Angry

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #282 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:54am

Where does it say that?
I'm looking at the "contact us" page in the latest SkyMag (September 2007, p73) and can't see any referance to an adminisration charge, or that number..

IP Logged

crabtree

Wigan
Reply #283 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:57am

Have a look at Sky Box Office, Pick of the month, getting spooked.  Look at the left hand column.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #284 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 1:42am

p66. got it.  In the boxes about how to order a film.  "Problems?  Call the Sky helpline on 08702 43 60 00. A £1 administration charge applies to phone ordering."

So, it's a charge if you don't want to order by following the on-screen instructions, but would rather speak to a human to order a film, and is not simply a charge for calling them.  It reads to me that if you had a technical problem that prevented you selecting a film on-screen, then they can help you solve it, and you'd not be charged for that.

I presume it's a charge to deter you form ordering films that way, as it obviously doesn't cost them for you to do it yourself via the remote.

(although why anybody bothers with sky box office is beyond me - they gave us two free viewings this month, so I went to make my first SBO purchase in six years, and only found one thing worth watching that we'd not already seen!)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge