Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,763 times)
umster

London uk
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #360 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 9:26am

Hi can anyone tell me more about the new privacy policy

Thanks

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #361 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 10:45am

It was sent out inside the December edition of the (useless) Sky magazine and, essentially, resets the options to 'we can give your information to whoever we choose' even if you have previously told them they can't do that.

The relevant wording on the A5-sized sheet is:
Quote:
How information we hold about you can be used

By continuing to be a customer, you agree that any member of the BSKYB group, which includes Marketing Contributions Ltd and any company which may succeed our businesses, may use and share the information you provide and other information we hold about you for account management, market research and the marketing of Sky's and third parties' products and services. This may include contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS unless you tell us you don't want to be contacted in any of these ways by calling us on 08702 40 40 40.

We may also share such information with credit reference agencies and other companies including for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.

If you benefited from an interactive discount contract from Marketing Contributions Ltd, (i.e. to get a free dish and box), Marketing Contributions Ltd can also use and share your information and information about your Digital Satellite System, with those companies that offer Interactive Services and those companies may use your personal details for marketing and market research purposes relating to both these Interactive Services and associated products.

Information held by the Sky group about you may also be shared with other companies outside the group, including for sales, marketing and market research purposes by such companies, unless you indicate you wish to be excluded from such uses by contacting us on 08702 40 40 40.

Being ant-0870, I emailed brian.sullivan@bskyb.com:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Sullivan,

I was astonished to receive notification of the changes to Sky's Privacy Policy recently (see below).

This message is to advise you that I do not agree to any 'sharing' of my information with any other parties now or at any time in the future.

Please acknowledge receipt of this instruction.

After 4 days, I received a reply from mysky@bskyb.com:
Quote:
Dear Heinz

Customer Account Number: 1234567891234

Thank you for your email regarding the removal of the marketing indicators.

As requested I can confirm that we have taken the necessary action and can assure you that no information will be shared.

I trust this information has been helpful.  Should you require any further assistance on this matter please contact the above email address and we will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Alicia Bryce
Customer Relations Team

It appears they've had a fair few complaints though and are now publishing a more direct email address:dpoffice@bskyb.com
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:43am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

learner80

Sky -Wrongly billed for 0871 numbers many times
Reply #362 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 5:32pm

I have a sky talk account . Subscribed to it three months back . I am being billed for calls to two premium rate numbers . these are 08706060078 and 08706060079. The bill shows as calls having been made from 5-10 times a day and each time for 5-20 seconds.

I have not made these calls . None of my family members has mde these calls . Some of these calls are made at time when we were not even at home and I am quite sure that the sky box was switched off . We do not play interactive games on the sky box . I have sky broadband and do not use a dial up modem . The computer was also swiched off at the time when many of these calls are supposed to have been made .

Sky Customer service has been very unhelpful . I wrote to them a complaint . They washed their hands off saying  that they will charge me as their system show the calls bing made from my phone and I  I should contact the ICSTIS for any complaints. But I know that ICSTIS doec not deal with numbers begining with 0870. The ICsTIS website says that these numbers are provided bty BT but ICSTIS does not regulate it .

I have contacted BT. Could not contact the customer service centre despite repeated attempts and being put on hold for close to an hour . They have not bothered to respond to my letter.

I am at my wit's end .

I am having to pay about £10 a month unnecessarily. Has anyone else had similar experience or knows anything abouth these numbers .
Would be grateful for any help !

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky -Wrongly billed for 0871 numbers many time
Reply #363 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 5:38pm

learner80 wrote on Dec 7th, 2007 at 5:32pm:
I have a sky talk account . Subscribed to it three months back . I am being billed for calls to two premium rate numbers . these are 08706060078 and 08706060079. The bill shows as calls having been made from 5-10 times a day and each time for 5-20 seconds.

Are they still happening?

When you say the Sky box was "switched off", are you referring to it being switched off on the wall socket?

Do you have a burglar alarm or anything else on the line?

IP Logged

sparkym5

Reply #364 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 11:27am

Rang BT and they rang both the numbers you quoted and she said that its an answer machine with a woman who says "Please Hang Up", told them about ICSTIS showing them both as a BT regulated lines and she said that they do not regulate this number, yet the PhonePayPlus Site says:

This is what we know about the number you entered (08706060078).
PhonepayPlus does not regulate this type of number. However we can tell you the following.
This is classified as a Special Services higher rate: BT’s Standard National Call Retail Price for BT customers number.
It is provided by BT.

I'd contact Sky again and tell them what PhonePlus says, I would have thought you could put a block on these numbers with your providers, I got thru to BT by Dialing 150 and opting for the Billing Enquiries section.
This is another link which shows a list of The Special Services Range (Convention B8) - National numbers starting 87:
http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/search/Phones/oftel_cl_s8_code_87.html
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2007 at 11:50pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

learner80

Reply #365 - Dec 10th, 2007 at 3:39pm

Thanks to Dave and Sparkym5 for responding to my post . Response to your questions are

Dave, We do have an alarm system . When I say that the Sky box was swithched off , i meant that the power supply was off.

Sparkym5, Thanks for calling up BT . After reading of your experience , I tried Bt today and have asked them if they would bar calls to these numbers . They want £5 /month but say that it won't be any good as SKY is carrying my call and the SKY officer has told me that they can not bar calls to any specific number . I really feel like getting rid of both of them. Their customer service is utterly useless and is more like customer disservice.

Re the number , I tried  those two numbers myself. There is a just a set of beeps . I did not hear anybody answering. The ukphoneinfo website recommended again reconfirms that numbers are provided by BT but does not say to Whom ?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #366 - Dec 10th, 2007 at 4:54pm

Pound to a penny on it being your alarm system - they'll say it's some sort of 'call home security check' if you challenge the supplier/operator.

If you can gain access to the phone socket into which the alarm is plugged, you could use a Phone Guard to allow only 01/01 calls.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

blowpipe

Reply #367 - Dec 12th, 2007 at 12:58pm

Sitrep as of this morning: 01506 421813 is still working ok, straight through to a very helpful lady in technical support.

IP Logged

Lisey

Re: SKY - Refer a friend (08702412939) request
Reply #368 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 2:50pm

frog_southampton wrote on Nov 26th, 2007 at 9:01pm:
i am looking for the geographic number for 08702412939
which is the number for sky refer a friend

thanks

Me too. Want to chase up my vouchers.

IP Logged

HW84

Reply #369 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 7:08pm

I found the 882 ending gave me all the options that you get with phoning the 0870 number was perfect, thanks

IP Logged

frog_southampton

southampton
Reply #370 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 7:23pm

anyone got a geo number for 08702412939?
(SKY INTRODUCE A FRIEND)

thanks

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #371 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 5:33pm

Have you even tried any of the numbers detailed above? A while ago, someone went through and wrote out a load of Sky numbers, and what they were / may be linked to. You could try those numbers.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2007 at 5:33pm by jgxenite »  

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Ness888

Reply #372 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 9:48am

Sitrep as of this morning: 21/12/07 01506 421813is still working ok, straight through to a very helpful lady in technical support in Livingstone.  Resolved problems in natural English

IP Logged

Egham, Surrey.
Reply #373 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 1:22pm

01506 421813 worked for me today, 5/1/2008.  Straight through, spoke to a very friendly Scottish gentleman who sorted out the problems 100% in just a few minutes, free of charge!  Excellent!  Thank you for the information.  Cracking site this!

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #374 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Thanks to the new people for their continued verification of this number Smiley.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge