Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,729 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #450 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:37pm

jgxenite wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:14pm:
Well, I don't want to jinx the system, but 884 has been working for a while now.

Past experience shows Sky will block it in the end though.  Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #451 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:44pm

In which case, I hope that Dave will get on to it and uncover the new set of numbers for us Smiley.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #452 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:46pm

jgxenite wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:44pm:
In which case, I hope that Dave will get on to it and uncover the new set of numbers for us Smiley.

Sky seem determined enough that eventually they will change their main DDI range to thwart us.

I also don't like to think about what may be possible in respect of 084/7 number termination once BT's 21st Century Network starts to come in to service later this year.............
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:47pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #453 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 6:08pm

jgxenite wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:44pm:

I believe that the 01506 4217xx numbers may extend further than those I tried. I also believe that, going by other existing numbers, 01506 8317xx and so on may be worth a try.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #454 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 6:16pm

Dave wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 6:08pm:
I believe that the 01506 4217xx numbers may extend further than those I tried. I also believe that, going by other existing numbers, 01506 8317xx and so on may be worth a try.

Tests reveal that would indeed appear to be the case. Wink

However perhaps best to save those alternatives until they are needed.

<div style=

IP Logged

dmoto

Reply #455 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:47pm

Have just registered cos I wanted to say thank you for all your work.  I used phone number 01506421884 for Sky & as you said I got thru immediately.  The operator was very helpful and sorted out my problem quickly.  
Other numbers I tried are no longer in use e.g. 01506831781.

Once again thank you.  I am very happy!  Smiley

quote author=Dave link=1060112694/330#340 date=1190834745]As mentioned previously, loads of numbers starting 01506 4217xx. 753 answers as "Customer care".

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #456 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:12am

dmoto wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:47pm:
Have just registered cos I wanted to say thank you for all your work.  I used phone number 01506421884 for Sky & as you said I got thru immediately.  The operator was very helpful and sorted out my problem quickly.

Yet Sky would have you believe it is a worse service than their 0870 because you do not get to listen to their nice long welcome message and then have to make various irrelevant touch tone choices before finally getting through to the customer services department you no doubt though they had said this was the direct line number for.  And because you are not paying as much then you are sure not to value the quality of the advice you are given by their call centre workers as highly as on a grotty old fashioned geographic phone number. Roll Eyes

Welcome to the forum.  Its good to hear you are finding the service here useful. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:14am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

SalisburyDeb

Reply #457 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:12pm

Embarrassed I have tried these alternative numbers and all the lines have been withdrawn.  They give you an 08 number as an alternative.  I have found no way into Sky without using an 08. Anyone found a different alternative or have they totally sewn us all up??

IP Logged

SalisburyDeb

Reply #458 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:24pm

SmileyBingo - didn't see all the newer messages (new at this) - have just used 01506421884 and got through successfully - very helpful too.  Thank you for helping.

IP Logged

g0bgb

Reply #459 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 11:46am

THANKS FOLKS just used 01506421884 , 8 minute call cost me 8p instead of 80p.   Grin

we should all be aware that, when we get Sky installed , the installer phones Sky sky on a 0800 number and most phones store last number dialed

Anyway  thanks again

MIKE

IP Logged

Sinclairs

Reply #460 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:26pm

Just joined site(and great it is to).Had interesting discussion with Sky customer service woman(more of argument),as wouldn`t transfer me ,to introduce new customer to them! send i have to ring the 0870 for the privilege of bring them custom.Also claims you can claim back cost of any of your calls to them via their website(how many people know about that,works to their advantage,if the majority don`t!)Also i could join Sky Talk,which would mean calls would be free to them.that`s good of `em!They also claim they downgraded their 0870 number to 0844 which is cheaper,but wouldn`t except that they don`t include these in BT packages.So i should join them!.Said there wasn`t any geographical numbers,as they wouldn`t be able to cope with the amount of customers ringing them,and all large companys use them(that justify`s that then?)Glad i had rung one of your numbers on this site,could have cost me a fortune.Think the woman must have been related to Rupert himself!What sort of company is this BskyB,when they treat customers with contempt.Feel like throwing the whole bloody box out of the window`and having nothing more to do with them.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #461 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:54pm

Sinclairs wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:26pm:
Feel like throwing the whole bloody box out of the window`and having nothing more to do with them.

That is indeed surely the danger Sky run in terms of continuing to grow their customer numbers if they continue to abuse them in this way and prevent them doing things easily and painlessly online.

After not being subscribed to Sky for 15 months I rang them the other day to subscribe for one month to see a motor racing event this week I am interested in.  I could log in to the online account I set up with them when I was last with them which showed I had a Sky Digibox.  But could I upgrade to one or more Sky Mixes from not subscribing online, even though they had still had my Direct Debit set up.  No.  They wanted me to call them.

I called on the normal 01506 number on this website and it took about 15 minutes speaking to an adviser after a 6 layer deep touch menu to get resubscribed.  Then when I said I also wanted to give 30 days notice to cancel I was transferred to customer services who then said they couldn't do it and transferred me to cancellations.  Eventually after further hassle I managed to also put through the cancellation in 30 days time.  Net result a call of about 45 minutes to do a very simple thing.  Call cost me nothing as I have an unlimited 01/02/03 calls package fortunately but what about the value of my time and their staff time.  the £1.50 or so that they might earn on revenue share on a 45 minute call will not cover their employee wages and NI and training at around at least £7 or so for this amount of time as they were UK based.

Why on earth don't the cretins at Sky allow online account management to be used to resubscribe and also to change Mixes and to even downgrade from Sky Movies or Sky Sports to just Mixes.  About the only thing they may have some vague point in forcing you to call them on is Cancellation as they always offer longstanding customers a deal to try and talk them out of that.  But not allowing reactivations or changes between packages online is just ludicrous.  No wonder they have to charge so much when they are so inefficient by making every change of customer package a 30 minute or so call!

<div style=

IP Logged

CambsChris

Cambs
Reply #462 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:16pm

g0bgb wrote on Apr 21st, 2008 at 11:46am:
THANKS FOLKS just used 01506421884 , 8 minute call cost me 8p instead of 80p.   Grin

Grin Result !! Just called Sky on 01506 421884 to cancel our contract. Got connected to menu system and they have a Q buster service when they are busy, they take your No and call you back.  Cheesy No cost as 01 nos included in phone contract.

Thanks to everyone for finding this No.

Chris

~ Edited by Dave: Quote box tidied up
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:28pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #463 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:42pm

CambsChris wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:16pm:
Got connected to menu system and they have a Q buster service when they are busy, they take your No and call you back.  Cheesy No cost as 01 nos included in phone contract.

I have not heard of Sky ever offering a call back service when they are busy before so it seems like they are finally beginning to get the message that customers are not just cattle and that with program downloads and other choices for viewing tv coming along if you repeatedly abuse your customers you may end up losing them.

At this rate perhaps they may even be talked in to getting 03 instead of 084/7 phone numbers.

There again was that a pig I just saw flying by? Wink Grin

<div style=

IP Logged

smitch999

Reply #464 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:49am

Absolutely fabulous.
01506 421 712
for Sky Customer Services. What a difference it makes to the day you're having when you can just get through to the right person with no fuss and no great expense.

I find myself using this site almost every day now, it's saved me a fortune. Thanks guys!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge