Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,319,797 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #660 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 10:24pm

All the other 01506 numbers near that one are giving the "this service is no longer available" message so it appears this one got missed in Sky's earlier exercise to close off all these number blocks for external calls access.

Sadly unless Sky comes to its senses it won't be long before there are no geographic numbers left for Sky that we can call. Shocked Angry Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2009 at 10:25pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Susan5768

The Fens
Reply #661 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 11:57pm

In view of the extreme reaction from NGMsGhost - it really has reached the point when we should all consider not paying Sky for one month and see what effect that has on them - it would need to be as many as possible and all together at the same time - but the effect would be certainly felt at Sky HQ finance dept!!!!!

IP Logged

sims

Reply #662 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 2:32pm

Got through using 020 7979 9540 directly to call centre in the UK without any problems.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #663 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 2:55pm

sims wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 at 2:32pm:
Got through using 020 7979 9540 directly to call centre in the UK without any problems.

020 7979 9540
was engaged when dialled several times just now.  So I would suggest 01506 831002 is more reliable number as that does not seem to suffer any call capacity issues.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #664 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 3:03pm

Susan5768 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 11:57pm:
In view of the extreme reaction from NGMsGhost

How was my reaction at all extreme in view of the fact that despite Sky's very high subscription charges they then try to make further revenue on phone calls from their customers unless they give in to the blackmail to join Sky Talk.  It is Sky's behaviour in going to such lengths to try to prevent a tiny number of customers calling on their geographic phone numbers that is extreme.

Quote:
it really has reached the point when we should all consider not paying Sky for one month and see what effect that has on them - it would need to be as many as possible and all together at the same time - but the effect would be certainly felt at Sky HQ finance dept!!!!!

I already do that by only subscribing for 2 months or so out of 12 and usually sending a rude email to their senior management telling them how much difficulty I have yet again had in subscribing to and unsubscribing from Sky and the fact that I cannot do either of those things without making a phone call by using their online account portal.  I also tell them how I would be a subscriber all the time to two of their Mixes + a broadband customer if they offered me the same deal as customers who can get cheap Sky broadband who live in exchange areas where Sky have their own LLU equipment.  A privilege not afforded to us hicks living in small country villages.

Doesn't do any good though.  The unthinking Sky marketing steamroller plods on regardless and their senior executives always fob off high level complaints to their customer care department. Angry Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:38pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Susan5768

The Fens
Reply #665 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:31pm

Sorry NGNsGhost - perhaps you have taken my 'extreme' comment the wrong way - I was getting at you - what I meant was that SKY's actions and such poor customer services (for existing members especially) seemed to have led to more drastic action and that you seemed to have reached breaking point with them - as we all have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your action in unsubscribing for 2 months out of 12 is a good one - especially if we all agreed to choose the same 2 months!!!!  That would certainly give SKY something to think about!!!!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #666 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:42pm

Susan5768 wrote on Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:31pm:
I was getting at you

I think you mean to say wasn't rather than was though. Wink

Quote:
Your action in unsubscribing for 2 months out of 12 is a good one - especially if we all agreed to choose the same 2 months!!!!  That would certainly give SKY something to think about!!!!

Actually I also made a typo in my post (now corrected) and I only subscribe for 2 months out of 12.

Usually for 1 month in January to get the Dakar Rally and Australian Open and also for 1 month in June to watch the Le Mans 24 Hours (sometimes I go to Le Mans in which case I don't subscribe in June) both on Eurosport.  I also pick up any new episodes of Air Crash Investigation during those brief periods of subscribing.

Sky are such a cretinous company as their recent EPG update adding Auto Standby kept turning my Panasonic box off after a few hours, even if I disabled the new Auto Standby function.  This was very inconvenient as the Sky box is linked to a hard drive PVR called a Tivo for timed recordings.  Sky denied their software download and Auto Standby was at fault and tried to sell me a £65 engineer visit to replace the box with a refurb model.  However after a free visit to the Installer menu by myself (Services button and then 01 Select) and running the New Installation menu the problem with the box turning itself on its own has now gone away.  Still I don't suppose Sky installers are very busy at the moment so they were no doubt hoping that I would pay to keep them in work. Shocked Angry
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:47pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #667 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 3:34am

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2009 at 5:12pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Delta_bluesman

Reply #668 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:18pm

Unable to get some of my Sky Sports channels (with England playing West Indies - what a pain!) and same rather abrupt Scottish 'lady' says 'this service is unavailable' when you try 01506-831002.  Trying 01506-831007 got me a 'Sky Upgrades' line for films, etc and by staying with it and pressing 2 for 'other matters', I ended up on the Indian sub-continent explaining my Sky reception problem.  I was then passed back to Livingstone where my problem was dealt with promptly and courteously.  Ultimately resolved, but with my paying £30 odd quid every month for the last 10 years or so, it wouldn't be milking the cup of human kindness to provide a free customer services telephone facility, would it, surely? The mean bar-stewards!  Angry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #669 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm

Dave wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 at 3:34am:

This thread doesn't seem to exist.

<div style=

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #670 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:05pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm:

I thought that but am relieved it is not just me!! Wink

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #671 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 5:11pm

sherbert wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:05pm:
NGMsGhost wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm:

I thought that but am relieved it is not just me!! Wink

The link should be this one:  Embarrassed
http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1156528873/11#11

What is now "Sky Protect" used to be called "Sky Repair Plan" and I've moved posts to the existing thread. Both were/are provided by Domestic & General.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2009 at 5:14pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Vanderstap

Reply #672 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:11pm

01506 831002 did not work, a lady said this service was no longer available and disconnected. However:
[b][size=14]01506 421720 [/size][/b]worked like a dream; I didn't even have to wait!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #673 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:31pm

[quote author=Vanderstap link=1060112694/705#717 date=1235841113]01506 831002 did not work, a lady said this service was no longer available and disconnected.

However:[b][size=14]01506 421720 [/size][/b]worked like a dream; I didn't even have to wait!
[/quote]

This must be a new number that Dave has just uncovered.   I wonder how long it will take before Sky has managed to close down all their geographic alternative numbers and Dave can no longer uncover any more geographic alternative numbers.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

sahmraw

London
Reply #674 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:28pm

OK. Using the 141 I called both the 0207 and the most recent 01506 numbers. One put me striaght through to an adviser. I said, "Sorry, wrong number!" as i did not need to talk to them right now. Then tried the 01506 number listed yesterday. Again using the 141 prefix and got straight through to IVR menu system. So RESULT!! For now. anyway!!

Now that BT are offering 0845 and 0870 numbers free as part of my calling plan, will Sky move to 0871 numbers which are not covered?

The sneaky peeps!! Tongue

OMG Been using this site for about 3 years and this is my FIRST post!!
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:29pm by sahmraw »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge