Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,321,125 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #675 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:38pm

sahmraw wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:28pm:
Now that BT are offering 0845 and 0870 numbers free as part of my calling plan, will Sky move to 0871 numbers which are not covered?

The sneaky peeps!! Tongue

But why do they need to change to 0871 when they have already moved from 0870 to 0844 numbers that are not part of BT's or anybody else's inclusive calling plans. Roll Eyes

<div style=

IP Logged

miketombs

Reply #676 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:37pm

I wanted to change my package so I phoned 020 7979 9540 and got through straight away. The lady said that the number was fine for upgrades but not downgrades, and gave me an 0844 number. I grumbled (politely) about premium-rate numbers and she offered to put me through to the correct department. Result!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #677 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 7:45pm

miketombs wrote on Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:37pm:
The lady said that the number was fine for upgrades but not downgrades, and gave me an 0844 number. I grumbled (politely) about premium-rate numbers and she offered to put me through to the correct department. Result!

Their staff seem to be getting more sneaky all the time about trying to block any request that results in Sky being paid less money.  I usually have to complain by email to Jeremy Darroch level in order to be able to cancel my Montly Sub in a timely fashion.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 7:46pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

levineg

Reply #678 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:14pm

can you please PM Jeremy email address, thanks

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #679 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:31pm

levineg wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:14pm:
can you please PM Jeremy email address, thanks

No need for a PM as its not a state secret.

Sky CEO Email Address:-                                                            jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
Only Other Executive Board Member Email Address:-                andrew.griffith@bskyb.com

Director of Customer Marketing (not a Board Director)              mark.anderson@bskyb.com

High Level Escalated Complaints Address Used
by Sky To Respond to Complaints Addressed to
Jeremy Darroch's Email Address                                                CRsupport@bskyb.com

See http://corporate.sky.com/about_sky/our_board_and_management/board.htm for more information on Sky's Board members.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2009 at 4:40pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

dachutney

Reply #680 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:14pm

Hey Guys, I just tried both Sky Customer Service Numbers for New and Existing Customers

They both have a recorded message saying "this service is no longer available"

Sad

Hope there is another number out there soon. Im racking up big bills again

Thanks

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #681 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:30pm

dachutney wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:14pm:
Hope there is another number out there soon. Im racking up big bills again.

What about 020 7979 9540.  That still seems to be answered straight away by a real person at Sky.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:30pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

mattw_02uk

Reply #682 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 1:58pm

none of the numbers listed now work

however i tried using as variation of the number i had

try using 01506 421722

this worked for me just, discussed my account and paid my bill Smiley

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #683 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 2:16pm

Just a thought.....

These Sky numbers that members say do not work, is it they don't work at week ends and only work during the week?  I was wondering if they only tried at week ends and not during the week.

Just an idea that crossed my mind.

IP Logged

tudor1000

Reply #684 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 5:00pm

01506 421722 works OK, full marks to saynoto0870.com Smiley

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #685 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 9:34pm

sherbert wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 2:16pm:
These Sky numbers that members say do not work, is it they don't work at week ends and only work during the week?  I was wondering if they only tried at week ends and not during the week.

No they are now being repeatedly disabled by Sky on a permanent basis within a few days of being published on this website.

You would think that at least the person responsible for this unpleasant anti customer work at Sky might attempt to post some sort of justification as to why they cannot continue to support calls on their geographic phone number.  But no they just sneekily read this thread and then close down the numbers down without a word of explanation, presumably having no palatable excuse other than acute financial greed by Sky. Shocked Angry Smiley Smiley Smiley

<div style=

IP Logged

ewire

Reply #686 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 12:00pm

01506 831069 worked on 10th march 2009

Press **
Option 5 (all other queries)
Enter phone number or just wait to be transferred

IP Logged

Mister_Spock

Reply #687 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 2:44am

Hello.

I am a long time reader, but first time poster.

Thanks for everyone involved in making this useful site. Like most people, I am willing to pay a fair price for goods and services, but I don't like being fleeced nor taken advantage of to simply increase profits.

I believe a significant number of companies that use 0844 or 0871 numbers do this and it appears that Sky is one of the worst culprits. I agree with NGM's Ghost earlier postings that the massive increase in the speed of the takedown of geographic numbers, is a cynical ploy to force Sky customers to take it's 'Talk' package. With increased competition from the likes of BT and Voip services, the free customer service calls maybe the only unique thing it can offer. Any geographic numbers that can be used by an alternate providers inclusive package are a threat to this, so are being removed at speed.

This is only my opinion, but it does fit what seems to be happening. As NGM's Ghost has stated, downgrades and the like do not seem to be able to be performed without a phone call (unlike upgrades), and with the sometimes massive lengths of queues mean you maybe required to spend a sizeable sum for the pleasure of having a Sky operative trying to covince you to stay.

This is a cynical and an anti-consumer practice and should be high-lighted and fought against. Only a few years ago I was quite content to leave my Sky subscription alone, but the blunt increases in prices, the lack of loyalty to long term customers regarding offers and the cost of dealing with customer services, have meant I go out of my way to reduce my Sky services where possible. If my Freeview hard drive continues to perform as good as it has since Xmas, I will likely ditch Sky altogether after 10+ years of subs.

Sky are going to lose more customers if they continue on this cynical path. Most people don't like being treated like idiots and we cannot see why you cannot use a geographic or 03 number for your call centre. There is is also no explanation as to why downgrades and the like cannot be done online as the upgrades can.

I do strongly urge the admins of SAYNOTO0870.com to take up NGM's Ghost's suggestion of the 'wooden spoon' awards and publicise it along with the site, so consumers can see the real villians and heroes when it comes to real customer care.

As another suggestion, can I recommend that we only publicise one number at a time from now on. Maybe if someone does find a further number that they PM it to admin so it can be released when Sky remove the old one? I appreciate the work in finding extra numbers but having 2 or three on the go just means we will run out of any remaining numbers quicker.

Thankyou to every contributor past and present.

Mister Spock.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2009 at 2:57am by Mister_Spock »  

IP Logged

dawnydancer

Reply #688 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 12:06pm

+35381719819 . This number is listed on this site is a number for sky tv under the 01/02/03 column which I thought was free from my mobile minutes. My bill has come in and I have been charged international call rates !! My bill is over £100 !! Can this number be removed and is there any way I can get my money back ?!

IP Logged

jamesbond

Suffolk
Reply #689 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 4:41pm

Hi Dawnydancer,

The number +35381719819 can be dialled via 18185, 1899 or even if you sign up to Alpha Telecom, then you will be charged about 2p per minute.  The whole idea of using this international number was to circum vent the other non geographic numbers, however individual members are now finding geographic numbers. 

I was the person who found this number sometime ago.

James Bond

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge