Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,817 times)
johnnyfrisco

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #825 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:04pm

Hello... first post.... brilliant site.... tried most alternative number for the Sky Customer Services.... seems like they have closed them all down.... no longer available and being asked to dial the 0844 number... only last week I got through on an 0800 number for Customer Services but this no longer works 0800 0468850. Why do we all subscribe to a company that has such a minus/low customer relations policy? Football.....!!? Seriously thinking of booting Sky in to touch.....

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #826 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:30pm

It is quite apparent that Sky is disabling numbers when they are published on this website. It is also clear that it does not wish to provide a 01/02/03 alternative for use by those who consider the 0844 numbers unacceptable.

I've found numbers in the past by dialling through blocks of numbers on prefixes known or suspected to be operated by Sky. I compiled this list a couple of years ago and took the 01506 421898 from it.

Whilst I know there are some that are "no longer available" that were then, others may work. Furthermore, there are other prefixes known to be used by Sky that may yield alternatives.

My reason for spending my time doing this was to help those who use this site.

Users post on here to report that numbers have been disabled, and ask if anyone has another one. I suggest that some other member(s) continue the type of digging I have done in the past if SAYNOTO0870.COM is to always list a working Sky alternative.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2009 at 4:08pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Rick4545

Reply #827 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 5:27pm

Thanks Dave, I am sure that many others including myself will carry on this digging to ensure that we know which sky telephone numbers have been disabled and which one's work.  I am a new member to this site, although I have used the site for a long while but remained unaware of the discussion boards. Had I known I would have joined immediately.  I have emailed another lengthy letter to Sky, they had initially emailed me back to say my message was incomplete.  I have to say at this stage, having navigated through that maze;sky.com, not only would it accept my request/message, it just froze and wouldn't send.  I have asked for my long  email to be passed to managers and board of directors.  I fear though it will fall on deaf ears, rather defiant and selfish deaf ears, however, unless we write en masse, start reducing packages etc I simply don't think they will do a thing about it.  I believe (1) However successful a business is, if it is capable of upsetting so many customers over something like this then it is also capable of a huge downfall.  (2) No business is infallible, yes, Rupert Murdoch oversees a vast empire, but lets remember we all have choice.  My message to everyone is that unless they find an alternative number simply DO NOT RING ( even just that once ) an 0844 etc number, they will surely lose the revenue they so greedily want to pay their staff, no, I don't think they will back track but at least it is voting with our feet.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #828 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 2:50pm

Rick4545 wrote on Oct 24th, 2009 at 5:27pm:
Thanks Dave, I am sure that many others including myself will carry on this digging to ensure that we know which sky telephone numbers have been disabled and which one's work. …

Hi Rick and welcome to the forum. I have broken your message up to comment on the individual bits.

Firstly, the primary objective of this website is to provide alternative telephone numbers that get callers through to the same place as the 08xx non-geographical numbers (NGNs). In the past we have had alternative numbers listed which answer with a Sky menu. These were Livingston (01506) numbers, so there may be more to be found.

As Sky has chosen to remove these numbers from service, we have had to list what we can find. This is often a number that goes straight to an operator with no menu options. Many numbers request the caller's telephone number, and those on my list I did a couple of years ago marked with a "n" did so then. I'm not sure which department they go through to.

Other numbers that have been mentioned here are 01506 677xxx and 01506 8317xx. There is also a recent submission to the database of 01506 522700 which is answered with a message saying that Sky contacted the caller. But nearby numbers are answered by Sky, so this is also one of block of numbers and one which we have not seen on here before.

… I am a new member to this site, although I have used the site for a long while but remained unaware of the discussion boards. Had I known I would have joined immediately. …

I agree that the navigation of the site is something which requires improving.

… I have emailed another lengthy letter to Sky, they had initially emailed me back to say my message was incomplete.  I have to say at this stage, having navigated through that maze;sky.com, not only would it accept my request/message, it just froze and wouldn't send.  I have asked for my long  email to be passed to managers and board of directors.  I fear though it will fall on deaf ears, rather defiant and selfish deaf ears, however, unless we write en masse, start reducing packages etc I simply don't think they will do a thing about it. …

Rather than using Sky's website contact form, e-mail the people you want to see your message directly. See this posting by NGMsGhost for the addresses of senior management.  Wink

… I believe (1) However successful a business is, if it is capable of upsetting so many customers over something like this then it is also capable of a huge downfall.  (2) No business is infallible, yes, Rupert Murdoch oversees a vast empire, but lets remember we all have choice.  My message to everyone is that unless they find an alternative number simply DO NOT RING ( even just that once ) an 0844 etc number, they will surely lose the revenue they so greedily want to pay their staff, no, I don't think they will back track but at least it is voting with our feet.

Sky is the worst company with regards covert premium telephone numbers. It routinely disables alternatives when they are published on this site and does not make available an official 01/02/03 alternative even though it knows that many customers don't like the 0844 numbers.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2009 at 2:51pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

onesexylady

Nottingham
Reply #829 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 7:42am

I wish offcom would do something about this, its blatantly clear that sky have these numbers to make more money out of customers and for them to change all thier 0845 number to 0844 when BT offered free 0845 numbers its just so wrong. BT should offer free 0844 numbers now and ok sky would probably change them again but its not going to look good on them and it will put customers off having them keep switching numbers

I'm with virgin media anyway at least they do have free customer support. I wish they would offer these 0845 ect numbers free too though because this can't be allowed to go on like this

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #830 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 12:17pm

onesexylady wrote on Oct 26th, 2009 at 7:42am:
I wish offcom would do something about this, its blatantly clear that sky have these numbers to make more money out of customers and for them to change all thier 0845 number to 0844 when BT offered free 0845 numbers its just so wrong. BT should offer free 0844 numbers now and ok sky would probably change them again but its not going to look good on them and it will put customers off having them keep switching numbers

Calls to 0845 numbers are not "free" with BT, but inclusive where 01/02/03 calls are inclusive. At other times, they are chargeable.

With 0844 numbers the premium attached is greater than with 0845 calls. Thus, any move for telephone call providers to bring these calls in line with charging of geographical calls (making them inclusive where applicable) would mean we all pick up the tab for the premiums associated with calling these numbers.

Ideally, we would like to see all 084x (and 087x) numbers treated from a billing point of view as a normal landline number, but clearly this is way too bigger a step. For this to happen, the premiums on these numbers will need to be removed.

Even Ofcom cannot force call providers to align their 0870 charges with those of geographical and 03 numbers, even though the premium has now been removed.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2009 at 12:19pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #831 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 9:17pm

New Sky number listed.  Wink

IP Logged

TWeaK

Reply #832 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 3:39pm

If the number you're referring to is x522701, it's already been disabled. They work too damn fast Undecided

Just a quick summary of the ones I've tried:

Key

€ Rings unanswered
c The office called is closed. No idea what dep't.
n "To ensure your call is dealt with by the correct customer advisor, please enter your home telephone number..." No clue as to what type of enquiries, just goes straight to this message.
/ Recorded message saying service no longer available (some redirect to 0870)
\ Access to the "this service" is not available from the number you are calling. Redirects to 0870.
~ Direct to call queue giving time estimated to call being answered
> Straight into queue

For numbers beginning 01506 522***:

700 - Recorded message saying Sky have tried to contact you
701 - /
702 - /
703 - Sky Box Office booking line (none currently available)
704 - Press **, leads to Sky Box Office booking help - Option 1 tells you how to book with your box, Option 2 if this hasn't worked
705 - /
706 - > (However when I tried stated wait time was longer than they would have liked and asked to call back later)
707 - /
708 - > I believe Tech Support
709 - /
710 - Sky Upgrade Hotline

I was looking to remove the movies package from my account, so I went through 710. You press ** to get to the menu, then I chose option 5 for 'all other queries'. Oddly, this went to 'service no longer available' but with a male voice unlike the other numbers. I then redialed and went to option 1 for upgrades, told him I'd been transferred and he put me through to cancellations.

I think that's generally what you have to do with Sky, as it's not practical to try every number to find the correct department. I also think it might not be a good idea posting updated numbers in the database - Sky probably check that list regularly to find out which numbers have been 'compromised', then they disable that number.

IP Logged

heroesfan

Reply #833 - Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:14pm

I agree with everyone else on here that sky shouldn't make us pay to call them to solve a problem, which most often is their fault. However, i have seen that if you have sky talk, then the call is free, but then again, BT and others are still charging yet i think they are more popular.

IP Logged

Rigbyb1

Reply #834 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 4:59pm

To continue the discussion, does anyone know an 0800 or 01/02/03 number for Sky (BSkyB) as the numbers listed on SAYNOTO0870.COM, i.e. 01506 522638 and 0800 0287855 take you to a Sky internal line not supposed to be used by non Sky employees?  I am particularly interested in numbers for the TV side of Sky operations.  It is very wrong of Sky to make us pay through the nose all the time.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #835 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:12pm

Rigbyb1 wrote on Nov 1st, 2009 at 4:59pm:
To continue the discussion, does anyone know an 0800 or 01/02/03 number for Sky (BSkyB) as the numbers listed on SAYNOTO0870.COM, i.e. 01506 522638 and 0800 0287855 take you to a Sky internal line not supposed to be used by non Sky employees?  I am particularly interested in numbers for the TV side of Sky operations.  It is very wrong of Sky to make us pay through the nose all the time.

If any better numbers were known, then they would be posted here. The numbers listed are the best ones that we can find. Anyone is welcome to start looking, including yourself.

I refer you to my postings above. The 01506 numbers are found by putting in work dialling through blocks of numbers. Perhaps you can continue the digging.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:22pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

toprobroy

Reply #836 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:24pm

For numbers beginning 01506 522***:

700 - Recorded message saying Sky have tried to contact you
701 - /
702 - /
703 - Sky Box Office booking line (none currently available)
704 - Press **, leads to Sky Box Office booking help - Option 1 tells you how to book with your box, Option 2 if this hasn't worked
705 - /
706 - > (However when I tried stated wait time was longer than they would have liked and asked to call back later)
707 - /
708 - > I believe Tech Support
709 - /
710 - Sky Upgrade Hotline

------------------
FYI...I was on the 703 number today, with regards to a problem with my viewing card...
I was put in a Queue for a total of 3 hours and never got an answer.

However, when I rang the 0844 number, I was answered virtually immediately.
So I suspect that these numbers are never going to be answered, and they are likely to leave us waiting.

The point I would like to make about the costs on the 08 numbers, is that its pretty much wrong from the point of view that you are paying to wait in a queue.
What we should be paying for is Communications.  Whilst we're in the Q, we should not be being charged. When you talk to someone, then there could be a case for being charged a fair rate.  If a business wants to cost is Business Model to receive revenue, then that is up to them, but we're all paying for communications, and waiting in a Q is not communicating! Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:24pm by toprobroy »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #837 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:27pm

toprobroy wrote on Nov 1st, 2009 at 5:24pm:
FYI...I was on the 703 number today, with regards to a problem with my viewing card...
I was put in a Queue for a total of 3 hours and never got an answer.

There is an unverified entries for "Sky Card Service Support" (01506 522651). I gather that this is referring to the viewing card you put into your satellite receiver, so it might be worth a go.  Wink

IP Logged

ian.threlfall

Reply #838 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:30pm

I got straight through to the queue with this number:

01506 522 725

But waiting to see if anyone answers.

IP Logged

ian.threlfall

Reply #839 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 2:20pm

Gave up waiting after 20 minutes. Don't think it works.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge