Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,321,217 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #840 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 2:48pm

ian.threlfall wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 2:20pm:
Gave up waiting after 20 minutes. Don't think it works.

Thanks. I listed that number and another one ending 995 this morning. Check the database for bskyb. Wink

IP Logged

helenhenry

Reply #841 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 5:15pm

Hi thought I'd share my experience with you. Having had very similar experiences to everyone getting through to Sky and their terrible CS department, I found the email for one of the directors posted earlier in  the year. I emailed him Saturday and had a reply Sunday. I was complaining about the salesmen who signed me up to Sky as well as problems getting any one to answer my emails and faxes and the cost of calls. I had a reply on Sunday. My email had been polite and I just pointed out the problems. Some hours later I had an email from CS informing me of the update to my account and offering me compensation for my time and trouble. So it is possible to get your voice heard, Sky don't want their reputation damaged.
I emailed andrew.griffith@BSKYB.com Grin

IP Logged

mattw_02uk

Reply #842 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:40am

As a sky customer is it somewhat annoying that we have to dial an 0844 number to speak to someone
As i only have a mobile phone this is quite expensive, however if people have a bt landline for example 0844 and 0870 numbers are now included in your inclusive minutes and so doesnt affect them and i know that the postoffice home phone also include these numers so its worth checking if your homephone provider include these numbers as it could mean you dont have to worry about dialing these numbers.

its just a thought as i founf this out last week.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #843 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:46am

mattw_02uk wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:40am:
As i only have a mobile phone this is quite expensive, however if people have a bt landline for example 0844 and 0870 numbers are now included in your inclusive minutes and so doesnt affect them and i know that the postoffice home phone also include these numers so its worth checking if your homephone provider include these numbers as it could mean you dont have to worry about dialing these numbers.

0845 calls are included in some landline packages but never 0844.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:47am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dusty Bin

Reply #844 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 9:47am

I found an number for Sky (01506 421xxx) that puts me straight into the queuing system and asks me to choose the most appropriate option, which I chose...but then no-one answered.  Angry

No point me sharing it in full on this board as Sky will no doubt disable it instantly and no-one answers it anyway.  Undecided

Maybe I'll try it again later; Monday morning isn't the best time to ring a call centre anyway.  Sad

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #845 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 2:36pm

Dusty Bin wrote on Nov 16th, 2009 at 9:47am:
I found an number for Sky (01506 421xxx) that puts me straight into the queuing system and asks me to choose the most appropriate option, which I chose...but then no-one answered.  Angry

I just tried 020 7805 6376 which is a direct number of a member of staff in PR and was listed as "Consumer Public Relations". It is now answered with a Sky menu....  Huh
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2009 at 2:38pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #846 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 3:02pm

None of the numbers appear to be working. Despite being a "Pay Once Watch Forever" customer they've not sent a replacement viewing card and expect £20 for a new one. Still trying...

IP Logged

heroesfan

Reply #847 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 7:04pm

go to sky help centre online, then look for the ''we're updating your viewing cards'' section, and  select the link for Free To View customers. Once on there, you can contact them through the contact form for free,    i done this, and received a reply within a couple of hours (done 12/11/2009 @ 16:00).

IP Logged

Lizmc

Reply #848 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:59pm

well i sent them an email asking for a low cost phone call told them i wanted to talk to them about upgrading my packackage. (not really). they phone me back i told them i had sent them an email as i had read on this web site to do so and make a complaint

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #849 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 1:58pm

Hi all

I sent an email yesterday regarding the removal of the phone numbers posted on this site and this is the reply I received.

Dear,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 1.5p a minute from a landline at the weekend.

One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service. As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Lloyd

Customer Relations

I have sent a response to this but it will probably be next week before I hear anything (not that it will be worth reading anyway).

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #850 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 2:05pm

Ajay737 wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 at 1:58pm:
Hi all

I sent an email yesterday regarding the removal of the phone numbers posted on this site and this is the reply I received.

Dear,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 1.5p a minute from a landline at the weekend.

One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service. As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Lloyd

Customer Relations

I have sent a response to this but it will probably be next week before I hear anything (not that it will be worth reading anyway).

Which landline can you call the 0844 number from for 1.5pence per minute at the weekend? Calls to 0844 241 numbers are charged at 5 pence per minute (or just less with the drop in VAT) as determined by the provider of those numbers, Cable & Wireless.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #851 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:16pm

Dave wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 at 2:05pm:
Which landline can you call the 0844 number from for 1.5pence per minute at the weekend? Calls to 0844 241 numbers are charged at 5 pence per minute (or just less with the drop in VAT) as determined by the provider of those numbers, Cable & Wireless.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This is my reply sent last night.

Dear Mr LLoyd

Thank you for your email and I appreciate that Sky are spending so
much in the customer service area but I and many others (you only have
to read various forums) are very annoyed that Sky actually disables non
premium rate numbers that appear on www.saynoto0870.com.
Sky is the only company that disables numbers on this site.
This is purely done so that a subscriber has to use the expensive
08442 number at 5p per minute irrespective of when the call is made.
The users of these types of number make profit from the call.

There are times when an email is not viable such as reducing the
viewing pack, but I had to phone twice when I cancelled ESPN because it
was not cancelled correctly.

I have considered taking my phone and broadband over to Sky but I have
O2 Broadband for £10per month (free 0800 number, 24 hours a day, 365
days a year with UK based customer support) and with unlimited
downloads. I also have BT landline which costs 25p per month more than
Sky which suites me as I don‘t use the landline apart for ringing
premium rate numbers..

I will only need to use the numbers twice more when I cancel Sky
Sports 1 on Sunday (22nd November) and again in January when I cancel
Sky completely.

Your sincerely

Not sure if they are the only ones to disable numbers but I'veno problems with numbers for any for the companies that I use.

I'll post the reply if/when I receive one.

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:19pm by Ajay737 »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #852 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:23pm

Ajay737 wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:16pm:
There are times when an email is not viable such as reducing the
viewing pack, but I had to phone twice when I cancelled ESPN because it
was not cancelled correctly.

I have considered taking my phone and broadband over to Sky but I have
O2 Broadband for £10per month (free 0800 number, 24 hours a day, 365
days a year with UK based customer support) and with unlimited
downloads. I also have BT landline which costs 25p per month more than
Sky which suites me as I don‘t use the landline apart for ringing
premium rate numbers..

Hi Ajay and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Cancelling or downgrading one's Sky subscription is an important point. I'm not a Sky user myself, but I am told that you cannot cancel or downgrade via Sky's website or the red button. It is totally antiquated that a company as big as Sky does not have another way of cancelling services.

IP Logged

Lizmc

Reply #853 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:32pm

IF you want to upgrade do it in reverse email them and tell them you want to upgrade and you wont use their expensive number. they called me within an hour of my email. When they call you tell them you want to downgrade. I just told them i just wanted to complain about their expensive phone numbers. This web site must of saved me loads of money over the years. Even thou bt now give free 0845 numbers

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #854 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 5:13pm

Dave wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 at 4:23pm:
Hi Ajay and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Cancelling or downgrading one's Sky subscription is an important point. I'm not a Sky user myself, but I am told that you cannot cancel or downgrade via Sky's website or the red button. It is totally antiquated that a company as big as Sky does not have another way of cancelling services.

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the welcome.

I just thought I would post the emails as a thank you for all the money this site has saved me in the past.

You can upgrade using the red button which works pretty fast or using your on-line account but I've had problems with the latter method. I've had to phone more than once because the on-line order hadn't gone through.

You can't however downgrade which means you have to phone. I would presume this is so they can try and persuade you not to so you get an offer usually a reduction in the subscription for a period of time.

Its the same when you cancel. You will get an offer to stay but I've turned down £1 per month for 3 months before now as it wasn't value for money for me at the time.

The reply could be interesting but probably won't be.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge