Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Thanks for this site (Read 220,735 times)
Mike

Thanks for this site
Mar 11th, 2004 at 8:25pm

Just passing through, and though I'd thank you folk for this very useful site. One of the forum members (Gibby) recommended it to me. I have bookmarked it, and will come again soon.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2006 at 12:11am by Dave »  

IP Logged

sapphire

Newbie says hello and thank you
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2004 at 5:32pm

Hello

and

thank you!

Just found the site today and it's already saved me money so I'm really pleased.

IP Logged

sicker

Re: Newbie says hello and thank you
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2004 at 9:18pm

Me too, I got taken in by 'BT's option 3.
This site will see a lot of me.

John

IP Logged

twirltom

Thank You
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 11:23pm

Just to say THANK YOU - this site has saved me loads of money.  I love it.  Thanks for all you do Smiley

IP Logged

Smithy

Re: Thank You
Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 12:37am

Heard Martin on Radio 2 the other day. Have been looking for a site like this for ages. Thank you. It is the principle involved with all these companies charging you to talk to them, especially when i get all local and national calls free for £9.95 a month. Why should we get ripped off? Will add numbers to the list as soon as I find some!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 12:45am

There are now over 1000 members, and although many haven't posted, there seems to be a dramatic increase in registrations over the last few days (50 or more?).

IP Logged

Smithy

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 12:59am

I will certainly be spreading the word!

IP Logged

PleaseHold

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 5:25pm

A really useful, genuinely money saving site.  Well done.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 5:41pm

There are now over 1000 members, and although many haven't posted, there seems to be a dramatic increase in registrations over the last few days (50 or more?).

And now there's over 3000, and rising every day!!

So thats a 3 fold increase in 6 months.

And with all the publicity this site gets, then the more people will have a look, and the more people will realise how much they get ripped off with 0870 numbers.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 5:54pm

Yes and its also good to see the number of guests visiting the site these days.The more people that no about the rip off the better!!!

BJ.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 6:20pm

Quote:
....with all the publicity this site gets, then the more people will have a look, and the more people will realise how much they get ripped off with 0870 numbers...
The only draw back to this is that when companies realise their geographical number was obtained from here they're going to purposely change their geographical which would then make it next to impossible to obtain their new geographical.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2005 at 6:21pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 6:36pm

That point has already been made several times before.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 6:55pm

The only draw back to this is that when companies realise their geographical number was obtained from here they're going to purposely change their geographical which would then make it next to impossible to obtain their new geographical.

Yes, I seem to recall someone from the DVLA joining this site, saying how calling the geo number is causing a headache for them.

Also, Sky changed their number because of that same reason.

We're not after a free lunch here.  We only want to pay the same price for calling an insurance company, and bank, as for calling your friends and family.

Most of the very large companies, such as Sky, or Barclaycard know exactly what they're doing with 0870.

However people from smaller companies have come on here, or replied to some of our members, that they thought 0870 was a normal rate call, and only used it cos their telco told them that having an 0870 number makes a company look more professional, and quite willingly give their geo number when asked.

The more bad publicity is given to these numbers, the more likely that companies on geo numbers will want to stay, and that some of the current worse offenders will start to jump on the bandwagon and having their new geo number as a selling point.

Just remember, it was only a few years ago when only a handful of companies offered 0% credit cards, Flexible mortgages/loans, decent interest of current accounts.

History would show, that after one company does heavy marketing and poaches customers, other companies fight back.  Alliance and Leicester are making a big thing at the moment about their call centre being in the UK instead of India.  Next year they might change their policy of expecting us to call them on 0870/0845 numbers, and make a big thing about it.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2005 at 7:01pm by Shiggaddi »  

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Cruz

Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 8:47pm

An argument such as the below companies make it cheaper to call India than Alliance & Leicester's 0870 numbers?

Dialwise - 3p/min - (08444394646)

Abroadtel - 4p/min - (08443990004)

CheapestCalls - 5p/min - (08445662525)

Telesavers - 6p/min - (08717542424)

Telestunt - 7p/min - (08717727979)

1899 - 7p/min

IP Logged

adele1476

Thank you
Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2005 at 9:40am

Having been given the web address for this site via webuser. I can't believe how ignorant I was. I assumend (as probably must of the rest of the country does that the numbers given to us by companies are the only ones available. Untill the website is known to more and more people then these companies will carry on making more and more money from poor unsuspecting people. 
I was shocked when I came onto this site and found that all the companies that had been 0870 and 0845 also had geographical numbers. I was especially amused to find that my bank (HSBC) customer and internet service numbers were for Barnsley. Guess where I live Smiley This means that I will be saving at least £4 a quarter on my phone bill just from using this number alone.
I can't thank you enough for this site as it is not only helping me but through word of mouth I am also spreading the news of this website.
Hopefully overtime when companies realise that they are not making as much money as they thought that they will reliase why and strart doing the decent thing and given out the geographical or even (though this is just lucy in the sky) free phone numbers.
Until that happens I will spread the word of this site to all who complain about extortion with regards to 0870/0845 numbers.
Long live this site and may it help educate not only the ignorant but companies that soon we will not be pushovers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge