<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One Tel (Read 7,265 times)
Robert

One Tel
Apr 29th, 2004 at 2:36pm

I have had the Total UK calls package from One Tel since they started the scheme and pay £13.99 per month. I did enquire about 0870/0845 numbers and was told that they would be the same as BT Together prices - 8/4/1.5p for peak/evenings/weekend.

Recently One Tel increased their prices to £14.99 + £1 for International calls. I received a letter from One Tel informing me that prices for new customers had increased but that it didn’t affect me and I would stay on the same tariff.

I have just had occasion to look at my bill and found that my daughter had made a call to an 0870 number that lasted 11minutes and a couple of seconds on a Saturday . The cost for this call was 99p which is 12 x 8p + 3p connection charge.

To cut a long story short after investigation I found that those who remained on the ‘old’ £13.99 package are charged considerably more for all Non Geographic and mobile Nos than those on the ‘new’ packages offered by One Tel. For instance a 0870 No for me is 8p/min + 3p connection charge all the time including weekends.

The One Tel web site gives all the call charges for the Non Geographic and mobile Nos for each new package they offer and they all vary considerably. For those on the ‘old’ package to find out their charges they need to register on line or phone One Tel.

IP Logged

Paul Southcott

Re: One Tel
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 10:47am

I found this with One-Tel, but also found out that if you are on the 'Old' packages, look on their website for charges from the 'International Talk' packages! These are what you are charged for Interntional. Mobile & Non-Regional calls

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 2:27pm

I had been with OneTel for quite some time before I went onto the TotalUKTalk package. I was paying the LOWer International rates which then went up when I took the Talk package. ???
The TotalUKTalk used to be £13.99 for the standard package, billed per minute for non-inclusive calls (0845, 0870, etc.). The extra £1 took it to per second billing with NO additional 3p connection charge.

The additional £1 for International Caller reduced the call rate back to what it was before I had the Talk package added.
Cry I've just cancelled the International Caller extra as I was paying more for this than I previously spent on monthly calls. I've tried nagging them that I never paid the £1 before TotalUKTalk and that I had LOW cost International calls billed per second. I won't hold my breath but miracles do sometimes happen.
I may even try 1899 or 18866 as advised on this site.

Overall though I am quite pleased so I would recommend them for EITHER service, but not both together.

Shocked The GOOD News is that TotalUKTalk is down to £10.99 (per second billing) from 10th May.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Robert

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 6:58pm

Dave,
I am stil on the old £13.99 package which, being pedantic, was(and still is) called Total UK Calls as opposed to Total UK Talk for the new package that costs £14.99 + £1 for International calls.

As you say the new package in May costs £10.99 but if you don’t pay the £1 for International calls the charges are much higher. 9p to USA instead of 3p.

Generally One Tel have been OK for me but their call charges vary greatly between the various packages they offer with some having connection charges, some per/second billing etc. It bugged me to be charged 99p for an 11+min  0870 call at the weekend when the same call would have cost 17p on some of One Tel’s other packages or BT.

I really cannot be bothered to keep up with the ever changing combinations of packages and call charges and we shouldn’t have to.

Robert

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2004 at 10:02pm

Sorry Robert
I wouldn't dream of calling you pedantic ! Wink

I should have added that I was originally on UKCalls before the UKTalk, with per minute billing and the 3p connection charge, so I stopped using it as it worked out more expensive. Same as my International calls were with the extra £1.
Yes, I realise that by not paying the £1 the international calls would be higher, but unless I've convinced them I'm a special case, I'm going to 1899 instead.
0845 & 087x I found OneTel charged a fraction more than what I was originally paying, so I've been routing them back to BT (option 1) for those I can't avoid making. Since joining this forum I've cut my usage drastically (over 80%) & when I get on Broadband in August Grin, the calls I make to other ISP's via 0845 will fall to just one; Brightview - I'm still looking Sad !
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2004 at 6:36pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge