Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1899 - ½p/min - Now available from ANY landline (Read 18,859 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

1899 - ½p/min - Now available from ANY landline
May 5th, 2004 at 4:51pm

The service offered by 1899 is now available from ANY registered landline phone in the UK.

This can be cable, NTL, BT, etc.  It can be accessed via the short code 1899 or freephone number - Please see the site for details.

Thanks
Daniel
www.saynoto0870.com
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:39am by Forum Admin »  

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

Robert

Re: 1899 - ½p/min - Now available from ANY landlin
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004 at 10:49pm

I have been contemplating signing up with 18866.com or 1869.com as both are offering excellent prices.

However being a cautious sort I have been trying to find out a bit more about the firm that runs both sites. The firm is called Finarea SA and its website says it is registered in Switzerland.

On neither of their sites can I find their address either in UK or Switzerland and a Google search doesn’t help either.

I started their registration process on line but it appears that to complete registration I have to agree that they can charge my credit card without any further authorisation from myself. Now I have this arrangement with some firms but, crucially, it is under the auspices of the UK Direct Debit scheme.  Finarea SA say they do not operate the Direct Debit scheme.

Whilst I am in no way implying that the firm is other than 100% genuine what safeguards are there if something goes wrong?

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2004 at 11:08pm

Quote:
I started their registration process on line but it appears that to complete registration I have to agree that they can charge my credit card without any further authorisation from myself. Now I have this arrangement with some firms but, crucially, it is under the auspices of the UK Direct Debit scheme.  Finarea SA say they do not operate the Direct Debit scheme.

Robert,

The Direct Debit scheme does not apply to credit cards - It only applies to payments taken direct from a bank account (not credit card).

You should have the same protection with your credit card as you would with any other UK company.

I have been personally using the service for a long time now, and haven't had any problems at all - Billing has always been accurate. - I know there are many more who are more than satisfied with their service.

Thanks again
Daniel
www.saynoto0870.com

IP Logged

Gareth

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2004 at 11:36pm

Does anyone know if there is a 01 or 02 number for 1899 as my mobile tariff includes 750 minutes to these numbers but charges for freephone numbers.

Many Thanks, Gareth

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2004 at 9:42am

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a 01 or 02 number for 1899 as my mobile tariff includes 750 minutes to these numbers but charges for freephone numbers.

Many Thanks, Gareth

Gareth,

There isn't one yet, but I am told a london 020 number should be available shortly.

Watch this space......

Daniel

IP Logged

kaydee

Top Site! Death to 0871's
and 0844's!

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2004 at 12:58pm

Now that 18866 are also .5p per minute with a 1p connection charge as opposed to 1899's 3p connection charge, is 1899 worth using?  - seems strange that both companies are apparently owned by the same set up!

IP Logged

Fred

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 2:10pm

any news re the 020 number that garethg raised recently

would love to use the service more but it then costs me extra with my mobile

i would presume it would also save the phone provider as well!

Fred

IP Logged

mikemundy

Re: 1899 - ½p/min - Connection Charge
Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 2:04pm

1899.com advertise a 3p connection charge. Their 18866 number charges only 1p connection!
Has anybody noticed this difference?

1899 site extract as below:-
Embarrassed
"Prices are in pence per minute. Calls are billed per second rounded to the nearest penny, include VAT and are subject to change. 1899 calls are subject to a 3p connection fee. "

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 2:26pm

Yes thanks Mike . . . we all noticed !  ...

IP Logged

Adrian Robson

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 8:35pm

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 3:06am

That's quite handy if you're
paranoid like some
on the forums !!

It's all done by ringing 0844, 0871, 0911, etc.  prefixed numbers then the destination number, so that the money is shown on your BT (or whoever) bill.

Some of the charges are slightly higher, but funnily the charge to
Germany Mobiles
is 2p cheaper. I didn't notice any glaring differences on the others but then I didn't check the whole list.
If you don't want to pay by Direct Debit on your credit card then it's better !

Thanks for the info Adrian   Grin

IP Logged

eel

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 12:04am

Robert is this any good to you

Telesoldes and Telerabais: EXPLANATIONS
"you Know the operator of network of telesoldes!
It would be necessary that it is also accessible by the 1690!"

The operator used by TELESOLDES is COLT TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Colt not proposing services for the private individuals, it is not very probable that somebody is preselected at COLT.

Telesoldes functions with all the preselections, except obviously a preselection COLT...

"telerabais, its subsidiary company, uses a number azure snuffed well of FT"

The number azure 0811-65 31 31 belongs in fact to COLT TELECOMMUNICATIONS. I.e. that the calls are conveyed for the network of COLT and not on that of FT. France Telecom makes only the invoicing and the amount with COLT transfers. Like one suspects it, COLT remunerates TELERABAIS grassement, which makes it possible to pay the routing of the calls of the customers.

"It is the only company where I see so much insisting on nonthe preselection, even if it is an error! "

They are all bonnement the inefficient ones. The company is managed since the foreigner, they are not informed any of the operation of the network French telecom!

"FT makes a price at the 1690!"

Not since the 1690 belong to COLT.

"telerabais is a subsidiary company of this English company which made the choice treat with the historical operator"

Telerabais and Telediscount are subsidiary of a baptized Dutch company Telediscount!

This company Dutchwoman has an offshore oil rig subsidiary company in baptized Switzerland Finarea SA. Based in the tax haven of Lugano, this company manages Telerabais and Telesoldes.

"If not, how to explain the incomes of telerabais when one pays with FT?"

As the 0811 does not belong to FT, FT transfers what you pay with COLT. That is called the invoicing for account of third. Colt réminère then telerabais.

It is the same when your bank opens a number into 08: it recoit of its operator of the money when you call it...

In the business, it is not so much FT which earns money but the operator used (Colt in the case of telerabais) and the recipient (the company Finarea SA for telerabais).

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 1:07pm

That's as maybe, but on the other hand, if whatsoever, and perhaps, it could be considered that !!  Undecided

Was it just me or was that last post IMPOSSIBLE to understand ?!  Shocked

Would anyone with a possible translation please post it urgently.

I could understand if it was typo's 'cos we all make them, but some of us go back & correct them to make the post at least readable.   Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Heinz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 4:31pm

Quote:
That's as maybe, but on the other hand, if whatsoever, and perhaps, it could be considered that !!  Undecided

Was it just me or was that last post IMPOSSIBLE to understand ?!  Shocked

Would anyone with a possible translation please post it urgently.

I could understand if it was typo's 'cos we all make them, but some of us go back & correct them to make the post at least readable.   Lips Sealed
No, it wasn't just you!

Here's an easier one:

1899 no longer charge (at any time) for calls to UK '01' or '02' numbers.  They just charge the 3p per call connection fee - or has this been mentioned already?.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2004 at 4:33pm by Heinz »  
After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge