<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
www.call18866.co.uk (Read 36,390 times)
magician

Re: www.call18866.co.uk
Reply #15 - Jun 10th, 2004 at 3:32pm

Although the whole globe is not covered yet, they are FANTASTIC!
UK is now 1/2p per minute!!!! yes 0.5p with a 1p min

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #16 - Jun 10th, 2004 at 9:56pm

Magic om !

Yes, we know; Daniel keeps pointing out to us that 1899 charge .5p/minute (+3p connection) (
Note: They're the same company by the way
) so there's no need to have kittens over 18866 suddenly doing the same. Don't ask me what 18866 are playing at undercharging 1899 (
themselves
).   ...  There's logic in it somewhere.

A point to note is
18866 have NO MINIMUM CHARGE
; their rates information states "
. . rates are in pence per minute. Calls are billed per second rounded to the nearest penny, include VAT and are subject to a
1p CONNECTION FEE
".
The minimum you'd expect to pay for a call under one minute is
0.5p + 1p
, probably
rounded up
to the nearest penny, so
2p
total.

Overall it is looking to be a pretty good service, but I'll let you know after I've been with them a few months or more. So settle down and take another pill . . .

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2004 at 1:14pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Barbara Black

Reply #17 - Jun 11th, 2004 at 7:14pm

Signed up with 18866 October 2003 - as I've had massive bills from BT for years - lots of calls to USA and Europe.

Result: PHENOMENAL SAVINGS.

Credit card debited each month for calls made.

Upon sign up I made a "Log Document" - lined up a pad with columns:  date/time/called/duration/cost.   

Just wanted to check out that my figures were kinda' tallying with theirs.   (This of course is not 100% accurage if you live with other people - especially teenagers - who of course don't log anything).....ggggrrrr.
Figures tallied well enough.

The above is the good news.

Now the first badd'ish news:

3 days ago - as I tried to make one of my usual calls to the USA for a "gab session" - I was informed by "The Voice" that I had to sign up to 18866 before I could make a call - my phone number was not recognized.......blah blah blah.

Oh darn it.   I onto the website - "Report a fault" filled in 3 times.   Told that they have a "small team" so things might take a while.............but have no fear their techies were aware and things would more often than not be sorted without any e-mail exchange.

Well, that was 4 days ago - and despite 3 more increasingly narky "fault reports" from moi - my fone number is still not being "recognised"/nor have I had any response from the "Small Team"..............who may well have left the country by now.

Funny thing is that I can still call use 18866 - dial a European number - great - but the female voice bellows on in the background saying my number hasn't been recognised.   This kinda' spoils the call.

This is when the system breaks down of course.........no "yuman bean" to talk to..........and the "Small Team" being too small to be of any practical use.

I've just contacted BT via the Web - and apparently they have detected some kinda' fault in the local exchange.............now waiting for their engineer.

Life's great ain't it when everything is working.

Happy calling.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 5:46pm

I'm not 100% sure, but Call18866's website is now showing the UK rate back at 1p/min (apart from the splash screen).

Maybe, they are reverting back to their 1p/min rate ???

Daniel

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 9:21pm

I did mention in my previous posting that
Quote:
Shocked Even
showed different prices on the main page to those following for two days Shocked

Actually I have been trying to get access to both the
.co.uk & .com sites since early this morning (15th), and both are still down !  I used the phone earlier today & that was working OK.
I think someone is maybe having server problems.  ...

16.06.2004:
The call18866.com site seems Ok now except (as Daniel said) the splash page shows .5p/min while the rates page has 1p/min, even though it says it was updated on 16.6.04. And according to my bill, I was definitely charged @.5p/min yesterday evening !  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2004 at 2:11pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

kaydee

Top Site! Death to 0871's
and 0844's!

Reply #20 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 4:15pm

Have successfully used 18866 today - the voice definitely said 0.5p per minute, and a quick look at their site shows UK landline calls as 0.5p too! Smiley
Hopefully problems sorted - I guess they are having to deal with so much business now that even more of us Money Savers are jumping in! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2004 at 4:16pm by kaydee »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #21 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 5:01pm

Yes I can confirm that both the
.Com
&
.Co.Uk
sites are back up and rates pages correctly updated as of today. 

The rates are definitely better than most others, though as we've seen with the search for a cheaper Uruguay provider, they don't cater for everyone.

IP Logged

lynneinjapan

Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 12:44pm

I've found 18866 great for the few weeks I've been using them.  Calls within the UK have aleays been 1/2p per minute when I've made them.  They do mention on the website that the price you will actually pay is the price you hear on the line when you make the call (plus the 1p connection charge of course).

No, they don't do Carrier Pre Select so you have to pre-dial 18866 on every call, which is a bit of a pain, but other than that they're great.  And I can call Japan for 1p per minute!

IP Logged

charlien5

Reply #23 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 3:22pm

hi
i am very interested in using 18866 because of their 10p rate to orange mobiles. basically when i leave my home i divert my calls from my bt landline to my orange mobile.
would the 18866 service work if i put their number in before my orange number on call divert??
if not is there another service that would work with call divert??
thanks
charlie

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge