Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Century Radio 105.4FM (Read 6,267 times)
Bill-in-Estoril

Century Radio 105.4FM
Jun 11th, 2004 at 5:45pm

Century 105, the only pan North West Radio Station began its life five years ago using an 0161 number. This soon became an 0870 number....until last week.

Now you need to dial an 0871 number: 10p per minute at all times. Disgraceful!

IP Logged

firestop

Do unto others, before
they get a chance to
do....

Re: Century Radio 105.4FM
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 12:25am

Yes, all are jumping on this bandwagon of 'backdoor premium calls' - OFCOM must be made to sort this out.
We should all be bombarding them with complaints and examples, the trouble being that the vast majority of people don't realise what is happening.  Spread the word!!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 12:51pm

Galaxy 105 used to be a freephone number, then went to a 'local' 0845 rate, now 0870.

Also, their text number changed from a normal 07 number to a short code. This charges 25p on top of the normal SMS charge. I have complained to the Radio Authority (now Ofcom) who consulted Icstis' rules, and they've broken no rules not stating the cost. Infact, companies don't have to tell you how much a premium rate call costs if under 50p. Does this mean that there are many companies using 49p PRNs?

IP Logged

firestop

Do unto others, before
they get a chance to
do....

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 3:54pm

Just shows we can be 'taken' without even knowing!
How were these 'rules' allowed to be put there in the first place?  I can think of no other 'purchase' that requires us not knowing how much we are paying - other than phones.
call18866 have a good system , a voice actually tells you the per minute cost of the call before it connects - this would be brilliant if ALL providers had to do this.  Customers would then start to think about 0870 etc - and join the revolution??!!  But I'm in dreamland I suppose, can already hear the excuses why it could not be done -  progress? - nothing like it!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge