Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Award for the biggest PRN in disguise goes to... (Read 8,425 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Award for the biggest PRN in disguise goes to...
Jun 16th, 2004 at 6:24pm

ORANGE

If you need to call them from a landline you have to phone a mobile number! What's more, they operate the number, so they profit from it.

From a BT landline that's 17.63p/min in the daytime, 14.10p/min in the evening and 5.53p/min at the weekend. Shocked It makes 0870 look like a bargain at less than half the price!

So whilst you're in a queue for Orange customer services to report your phone lost/stolen, they're making money out of you whilst the **** that's got your phone makes calls at your expense as well!

What's more is that Ofcom don't have any problem with it!
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2004 at 6:26pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: Award for the biggest PRN in disguise goes to.
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 10:04pm

Not long ago, someone was extolling the virtues of
Orange
because you could call 0870 numbers for free  Shocked
Looking from the other side . . . . at least it's free from your mobile, which I agree isn't much good if it's broke Lips Sealed
When did they change to the mobile number  ???  I had a few landline numbers when I was with them (I was working at BAE in Bristol). I'll look thru my hoard of old phone bits to see if I still have the book with the numbers, & test them to see if they still work.

IP Logged

Mike

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2004 at 6:29pm

Why not just call FREE from another Orange phone???

BTW - all mobile companies have the same policy

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 2:44pm

Hi DaveM, have you found any other numbers?

Quote:
Why not just call FREE from another Orange phone???

It is only free from Orange pay monthly phones and not pay as you go. If you're reporting a phone lost, you need to do it NOW!

Quote:
BTW - all mobile companies have the same policy

Orange is the only network that gives a mobile number (beginning 079) to call customer services from a non-Orange phone.

The other networks use either 0845 or 0870.

IP Logged

Nomine Winner

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2004 at 3:15pm

The real winner has to be Vodafone.

If you go to the contact us page on there website a little leftover of there winning entry for abusing customers is still there.

I Quote:
**Calls to 07002 191 191, 07002 64 64 64, 08700 77 66 55 and 08700 77 88 99 will be charged at the national rate. Standard international call charges apply to calls made whilst abroad.   

The first 2 numbers were once given as there contact number. If you were a normal user you would think they were mobile numbers and included in your free minutes. but of course they are 070 personal numbers.

Vodafone as a telecoms operator would host these and get all the revenue. The reason I nominate this as the clear winner is because they were in breach of Ofcom regulations to rip off there own customers.

A set of 070 regulations was introduced changing the 070 number range for the following:
1/ For persnal use only (Vodfaone in breach)
2/ No revenue share for user of number (vodafone in breach)

This was to stop abuse by spurious individuals and companies.

I would love to see Ofcom apply same rules to any Non-Premium rate service. Of even justify why these rules for revenue share weren't put accross all non-premium rate numbers.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 1:31am

All well and good except that if you check the tariffs at this link, you'll find that 07002 are NOT charged the same rate as other 070 numbers.

I saw the same info when I went on the Vodafone site on Friday 2nd and until I checked it out, thought the same as you. If you still think that the page is misleading, call the
Trading Standards
and shop them.   Grin

The latest Vodafone trick is putting a bar on all phones accessing WAP sites with supposed adult content until you ring them back (or go online) & pay £1 with a credit card to unblock it.
This is supposed to get rid of all under 18 users, except that it doesn't take into account the ones over 18 without credit cards !  Angry  The fact that they already have the account holders details and credit check shows how stupid the idiot who instigated this really is. I bet the fallout from this costs them millions !

Apart from that, the list of sites that are as yet
unverified
is so long that you just can't use the WAP until Vodafone remove the bar. I've got Singlepoint (again) taking it off but they bleat that it takes 72 hours without the card payment. (I'm not paying it !) I think that should be worth a £20 cc credit at least for all the messing around I've had to put up with, lack of use, etc. I will find out tomorrow and add to this posting what happened.   Undecided

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 8:38pm

Even though they show the customer services number as being 07973 100 150, it appears you can ring 0800 80 10 80 and select option 3 then option 2.

This number can also be used to report lost and stolen phones.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge