Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why I have operate an 0870 number!! (Read 31,159 times)
FLG

Re: Why I have operate an 0870 number!!
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 10:27am

I love people / companies that say "I can't do it because......." It always seems strange, my company operates 01XXX numbers, and funny enough if I wanted to divert my calls, I can by just taping in a few number on the phones keypad, yes it would cost me, but you can't put a price on customer service.

I have only 1 0870 number, I don't advertise it, its a Demon D-fax to e-mail number, ideal if im not near a landline fax, I can get faxes to  my e-mail, useful for when I need those urgent documents.

There is no such thing as I can't do this, you might have to change providers, or pay for some part of your customers calls etc..., I did use an 0800 number a few years ago, I did'nt really find it much use as most of my customer are within the old local rate area and they prefered to call my 01XXX number.

The only reason companies really use 087X numbers is...... TO MAKE CASH (or they have been had over and the telco are making more cash!!)

IP Logged

skynet

Bracknell
Reply #16 - Sep 2nd, 2006 at 4:51pm

Good effort on persuading the general puplic on the reasoning behind these numbers.  Sadly I believe it has fallen on deaf ears. 

There is one simple reason for this...

Why should a company's customers pay more money for the required service than they do already?  Why does it cost a company money to recieve a phone call?  All types of service industries charge it's customers for the service they provide and yet they make a further charge for requesting that service through these phone numbers.  Quite cheeky if you ask me.

For example I pay my car insurance company a sum of money each year.  However to make use of that service I need to call a number that costs me more still.  Even worse is that invariably you are left listening to dodgy music for 10 minutes while either someone becomes available or they have made their required cash for that particular call!  It would not surprise me in the slightest if certain companies consider keeping a caller waiting simply to make a bit more regardless of their availablility.   Perhaps the default is 5 minutes?

Another example...

I call my local cimema to book tickets.  I am paying for those tickets and indeed a booking charge is made for the priviledge of booking those tickets.  I then have to foot the bill for the call too.   

Sorry for the rant but is my point of view so far off the mark?

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #17 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 10:39pm

skynet wrote on Sep 2nd, 2006 at 4:51pm:
Good effort on persuading the general puplic on the reasoning behind these numbers.  Sadly I believe it has fallen on deaf ears.  

There is one simple reason for this...

Why should a company's customers pay more money for the required service than they do already?  Why does it cost a company money to recieve a phone call?  All types of service industries charge it's customers for the service they provide and yet they make a further charge for requesting that service through these phone numbers.  Quite cheeky if you ask me.

For example I pay my car insurance company a sum of money each year.  However to make use of that service I need to call a number that costs me more still.  Even worse is that invariably you are left listening to dodgy music for 10 minutes while either someone becomes available or they have made their required cash for that particular call!  It would not surprise me in the slightest if certain companies consider keeping a caller waiting simply to make a bit more regardless of their availablility.   Perhaps the default is 5 minutes?

Another example...

I call my local cimema to book tickets.  I am paying for those tickets and indeed a booking charge is made for the priviledge of booking those tickets.  I then have to foot the bill for the call too.  

Sorry for the rant but is my point of view so far off the mark?

No, your point of view is echoed with most members of the forum.

However, when you say you have to pay for the call, then of course, calling an 0870 number is unacceptable, but I don't have a problem calling a geographic number.

Some people have inclusive minutes on mobiles, or free calls on landlines, and others pay a small fee per call, so the main objection to calling 0870 numbers is of course, not being able to take advantage of the free calls, that you've paid a monthly or yearly fee to make.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

wacs

Reply #18 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 12:36am

mike wrote on Jun 18th, 2004 at 6:37pm:
I run a company & we advertise an 0870 number... but we certainly do not do it for the revenue.

mike wrote on Jun 18th, 2004 at 6:37pm:
our fax number is also an 0870 - so all these junk faxes are earning us a penny a mniute Smiley Call me greedy if you like...

...just noticed this thread started in Jun 2004 not 2006
  Shocked
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 12:43am by wacs »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge