<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It Pays To Complain (Read 4,520 times)
blackguard

It Pays To Complain
Jul 10th, 2004 at 1:01am

I had reason to contact customer services of Lloyds TSB Credit Card Services on 08700106622.

After the usual press 1, 2, 3 etc - all our operators are busy- listening to music?? I was connected to an operator who put me on hold 3 times as she attempted to solve the problem. Angry

On her 4th attempt to put me on hold I complained rather strongly about the length of time it was taking and the fact I was on an 0870 number and demanded to talk to a supervisor. Imagine my surprise when she informed me that £10 would be credited to my account to cover the cost of the phone call. Shocked

When I spoke to the supervisor she confirmed that £10 would be credited to my account.

12 days later I had to ring my local bank (in connection with the same problem) through an 0845 number and remembering my previous experience I complained about ringing an 0845 number this time I was informed that £5 would be credited to my account. Grin

I delayed posting this until I received my statement to confirm that both amounts had indeed been credited to my account.

I have since contacted my local bank through the same 0845 number but this time after complaining was told to visit my bank who would contact the 08700106622 on my behalf free of charge. Sad

I thing my experience proves it pays to complain.

BG

IP Logged

Heinz

Re: It Pays To Complain
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 10:11am

OT but worth a read:

A few months back I had the majority of my savings in an Alliance & Leicester PlusSaver account earning (at the time) 4.3% gross.

Trawling the internet for a better rate, I found that A&L were offering 0.6% MORE interest to new savers who opened an account between 19/9/03 and 5/1/04.

I complained and asked why I, a loyal customer, was being discriminated against.

No arguments - received the 0.6% extra (amounted to well over £200 extra interest) without any argument. 

I'll bet not many others even bothered to complain!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge