Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
question  0870 numbers (Read 60,431 times)
rich

question  0870 numbers
Jul 21st, 2004 at 2:01am

would like to know if i can get a free 0870 number on my landline so i can give it out to people like thames water my isp etc... but still keep my 0207 number for my firends that way with the 0870 number ill reduce the cost of my phone bill

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Re: question  0870 numbers
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 2:37am

I remember that someone I was involved with was giving free 0870 numbers away quite some time ago, but I've not got his name to hand. I'll have a root around & if I come across it I will repost the info for you.   Undecided

As 0870, 0845 and 0800 are attached to live lines, as this site shows, you can call the standard Geographic number if you can find it. Therefore you can have your friends call you on the Geo number and give the Non-Geo to the people you don't like. Just hope they don't talk to someone else who knows the Geo number !!  Grin

As you will find by looking around at the providers, you'll only get anything back on it if you have a high enough call volume (lots & lots !!) so don't get your hopes up.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rich

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 2:45am

just to get them back really its worth a try  Grin

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2004 at 5:18pm

Or better still, provide an 090 number to companies who operate on 0870.

IP Logged

pauld

Newport, South Wales
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 12:14am

100% free 0845 & 0870 numbers.

I've just signed up for an 0870 number (and it's 100% FREE), which I can now use to bombard every 'business' who I have dealings with and who refuse to provide me with an alternative to their premium numbers.

You can choose you own number from a list of free numbers or go mad and pay a one-off fee of £5 for one of their more memorable numbers.

For more information (and to get your free number!) visit RoboTelecom
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2004 at 4:28pm by pauld »  

IP Logged

ashley

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 10:27am

You can also get an 0871 number from

http://www.regional-telecom.com

as well as 0845/0870 numbers.

You can earn 2.93p/min on calls recived to an 0871 numbers, plus its free to join.

We pay you
No minimum usage required.
Revenue is cumulative.
No setup fee’s or rental (On Standard numbers)
“Golden numbers” available for a one off connection fee
Use on land lines (voice & fax)

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2004 at 4:39pm

http://1ststopmedia.co.uk/

EARN
1.5p per min 0870
3.2p per minute 0871
10p per min 07005
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2004 at 7:14pm by Forum Admin »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 11:42am

Most of the 0870 providers I've found say the numbers are only for businesses, not for domestic numbers. Is there any reason for this, and is this an official policy concerning 0870 numbers? Or is it just because domestic customers probably wouldn't generate so much revenue?

IP Logged

RBJ

Premium Rate the Premium Raters
Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 10:33am

What a wonderful thought. Premium rate the premium raters. Imagine if we all did this!

I could just put them on hold for a while and let the meter run.

And anyone who cold calls me could be asked to call back on the 0870 number. Delicious!

I'm very tempted to get on on my business an give it to anyone who refuses to give me a geographical number.

Only problem is diverting the 0870 to home when I'm not at work. One supplier quotesI "you can simply change the landline number that your 0870 number(s) point to online, using our Client manager. Number redirections usually take a few working hours"

Although they say no minimum usage they reserve the right to disconnect numbers if "not used".

Has anyone actually done this?

Say No! To 0870.

IP Logged

hoxne

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2004 at 8:07pm

I did have an 0845 number routed to my home phone for no charge whatsoever and with a revenue share of 0.3 ppm.  This was in the days when it was cheaper for my friends and family to call me on the 0845 number than for them to make a national call (before BT Together etc).  Now, no-one uses it.

I might try to get an 0870 number, though (not for friends and family to use).

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 7:59am

Failing that you could have a 070 personal number. Some charge nearly 50p/min  Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

RBJ

Ive Got One
Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 2:35pm

After reading the input on this thread I've decided to take the plunge.

I'm now the proud owner of a premium rate 0870 number routed to my business phone. It will be given as a contact number to anyone who refuses to give me a geographic or free number.

Also anyone who cold calls will be asked to call back on the 0870 number. Interestingly, just had one call asking for the managing director. Gave him the number but he didn't call back. This is a real win win. If they don't call back that's fine and if they do the meter is running.

Cheers

Say No! To 0870.

IP Logged

Len

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2004 at 11:12am

FREE 0870 numbers

Just go to www.flextel.com

lots of things to get and organise

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Get your own 0871/0870 number
Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2004 at 3:24pm

I looked at one of the google adverts from this very site, and found that you can have your own 0871 number paying 3p days, 3.5p evenings, 4p weekends.  There's no set up costs or monthly fees.

Might sound like a good idea, to give this out whenever you give permission for companies to bombard you with phone calls, or when you subscribe to new banking, insurance, or services with large companies.

Has anyone actually got their own back with large companies.  It would be nice to get a call from my credit card company asking if I want payment protection, and get paid for the inconvenience!!

Any experience of large companies actually ringing back on these numbers, and any stories of people making a profit to get their own back.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

tony900r

Re: Get your own 0871/0870 number
Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 5:26pm

I frequently give out an 0870 or 0871 number as my contact to insurance companies, banks, solicitors and even BT. I've earned around £120 over the last few months in the rebates payable on them.

Well worth it

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge