Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
question  0870 numbers (Read 60,715 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Get your own 0871/0870 number
Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 1:57am

Tony, what provider have you got your NGNs from?

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 4:59pm

I have now got my own 0871 number.  Their minimum payout is only £5, so ideal for low useage.

Also, I believe you can't call 0871 numbers from abroad, so hopefully once it's fully circulated with all the large companies I deal with, I might not get calls from India asking for payment protection on my credit card.  Also, if call centres are unable to call me, then if it's that important they can write to me instead.

The company I used was www.thenumbercompany.co.uk

Their rates are 3.75 (day) 4.25 (evenings) 4.75 (weekends)

Also their 0870 rates are 3p minute (days only) and no rebate for evenings and weekends.

There's no set up costs, or rental costs.

I've had no problems so far, but I've only been using them about a week.  I've tested the number a couple of times on my mobile (but not answered) and it works fine.

Also, I've been shopping around for car insurance, and of course submitted the 0871 number as my home number, and a few companies wanted to call me back to get me a better deal than the online quote!! (and put a couple of pence in my pocket at the same time!!)

My number was set up very quickly, so just hope things run well with them in the future.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

BexTech

A Proud European!

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 12:55am

I have been giving out 0870 numbers to these companies for a few years now, and then when the 0871 number became free to set up / run, I got one of those numbers too.

The UK Number shop are now paying: 3.5p per peak minute - 4p per off-peak minute - 5p per weekend minute on the 0871 numbers!

When you sign up just ensure to use your name in the Company Name section, unless you have a company name obviously!

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 7:04pm

I tried that company as my first port of call.  I did put my name in the company section, however they rejected my application, because I was not a business, and they don't allow residential customers to connect.

I then explained my situation, that I'm using it to give to insurance, banks etc, and they thanked me for my explaination, and just suggested that I use google to find a service that allows residential customers to connect numbers.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 7:21pm

I can recommend UK2Numbers. I was referred by one of their resellers on this thread. I got a free 0870! The require a minimum usage of 30 minutes per month, but I don't have to make a minimum. It was up and running in about 15 minutes.

Their customer service email is quick. It usually takes 10 minutes at the most for a reply. I even got a reply after 10pm at night!

IP Logged

copperbean

Hi it's Copperbean!!

Reply #20 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 11:18am

You can also get a number via www.copperbean.co.uk/telephonyindex.htm  Again you will earn rebates on the call for 0870 and 0871.  No minimun usage.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2004 at 11:19am by copperbean »  

Have a look at the copperbean website. www.copperbean.co.uk

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #21 - Nov 24th, 2004 at 11:50am

Looks good, copperbean. How much do you pay out, and what are the T+Cs? (Is it easy to change the terminating number?)

IP Logged

maffs0

Reply #22 - Nov 27th, 2004 at 12:08pm

Has anyone tried giving an 0906 number as your contact telephone number. Or is that just one step too far! Shocked

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #23 - Nov 27th, 2004 at 12:26pm

Yes, I did look into getting a premium rate number.

There are alot more rules governing the number though.

You need to buy recording equipment, and register the fact that you operate a "premium rate service" and you also need to make a bond payment to ICSTIS.

It is possible to get a premium rate number from another company, and officially "work for them" with them doing the recording, and already having paid the bond.

However, in order for the number to work, the company will provide you with a short intro prior to the call being connected, stating that the call is recorded, and the cost of the call, and queueing is prohibited on 090 numbers, and a delay in answering the phone, ie no 1571, and leaving the phone ringing is in breach of those rules.

Also, I think there's rules regarding "live" or "recorded"  Getting the 1571 all the time when you're paying for a "live" service could cause complaints.

And some call centres have premium rate barring, and some even have 0870 barring, and Indian call centres probably can't call non geographic numbers abroad anyway!!  Good way to get rid of them, lol!!

IP Logged

Driver

Reply #24 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 8:43pm

Me to, I have just got my own 0871 number, not used it yet but how do you find out how much you've earnt or what calls came in via the number and how do they pay out as they did not require my bank details.
Do they send an email for username ect;

IP Logged

copperbean

Hi it's Copperbean!!

Reply #25 - Nov 28th, 2004 at 9:31pm

To find out how much you have earnt, depends upon your provider.  Some have online access and others send you a monthly statement.

The provider does not normally require your bank details.  The common practice is that to obtain your money, you invoice the company for the amount you are owed, based upon your statement.  Companies then normally send you a cheque.  Most companies impose a minimum refund amount to keep costs down.  This may vary from £25 to £300.  Some companies pay no rebate whatsoever if you do not receive enough income.

You package is unlikely to include details of the source of incoming calls as standard.  Normally you will have to take out a secondary call registration package.

Obviously each provider is different, so you may want to check with yours, what their policies and extras are.

If you need any further help, please contact me.  I must advise you that I am a supplier of NGN's, and as such am familiar with the deals offered by other comapnies, and would be pleased to tell you what I can offer you.

IP Logged

busman246

Reply #26 - Dec 17th, 2004 at 2:40pm

I have just ordered an 0871 number from Mr Copperbean and am looking forward to receiving the gen.   This is intended for the selective use for those companies that expect my business to use only (and pay for!)  their 0870 / 0871 numbers.  Smiley

IP Logged

copperbean

Hi it's Copperbean!!

Reply #27 - Dec 17th, 2004 at 3:31pm

Your number is now live.  If anyone else is looking for telephony services, please email, or for further information on Copperbean services please check our website www.copperbean.co.uk

Thanks

Copperbean

IP Logged

jmc21

Reply #28 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 6:46pm

How do thenumbercompany.co.uk pay their customers?  When I looked on their website, they wanted me to set up a DD, even though my 0871 number would be free.

IP Logged

copperbean

Hi it's Copperbean!!

Reply #29 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 9:55pm

You do not have to give a direct debit for 0871 numbers if you go to www.copperbean.co.uk and select telephony and order.  This will get you an 0871 for redirection to a 020 or 01 code landline in the UK.  Does not include mobiles. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge