Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mobile cross network (Read 9,576 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Mobile cross network
Sep 15th, 2004 at 9:45pm

Hello

I have looked up the 18866 website, and they have a good deal allowing you to use their London access number in the mobile inclusive minutes, then charge 4p per minute weekends, and 14p other times.

Does anyone know of any better deals with using mobiles to cheaply phone cross network?

I use NTL as my dial up ISP on a BT line, and get £15 worth of free phone calls (to any number including 0870 and premium rate)

I used to be able to use topup2talk which gives you £1 worth of credit for a fixed fee of £1 charged to the landline, however I can only use this service, as long as the £1 is used on the number I'm calling from.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

bgezine

Re: Mobile cross network
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 1:04pm

There is a new service, powered by TopUp2Talk, at www.80550.co.uk which allows you to send a text from your mobile in exchange for £5 worth of call credit. Also 4p a minute to mobiles at the weekend.

You can use the service from any phone, using the PIN which is texted to you, except a landline that is already registered with TopUp2Talk.

It is best to use the 80550 service from your mobile or your 'friends' phone. For the home phone, the TopUp2Talk £1 top up on 0901 366 4067 works out cheaper - I use it all the time for my international calls.

BTW - I only found this website today. I think it is great. Been reading all the posts and I find the comments about 18866 etc very interesting. When I first found their website I suspected that they were part of Telediscount. I have to admit that I have never tried them because with having BT, CPS with an alternate and a mobile the idea of adding a 4th telecom payment just to save a few extra pennies seemd to be more hastle than its worth.

Now to go and read the rest of the posts.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 8:35pm

The reason I use 0901 366 5067 to use topup2talk, is because of the free £15 of calls I get monthly from NTL.

I already knew about the text service.  It's just a shame you can't use your home phone to top up another phone.  If I wasn't subscribed to NTL and getting the free calls, it wouldn't make any difference, as it would cost the same.

Anyway, might be an idea to top up a little more, and e-mail them, and ask them if it would be possible to move the credit to my mobile.

Just means I have a cheaper option if I'm not at home, and need to phone someone on another network, as inclusive minutes are for t mobiles and landlines.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

fairnet

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 1:43pm

The Utility Warehouse Discount Club have a tariff called Value Call which costs 8p per min to both landline & mobile numbers (any network, any time), cost is £8 per month line rental then 8p per min.

Visit www.moore-plus.co.uk for full information and conditions.

Give me a call on 01775 761164 if you would like an application form.

I am an Authorised Distributor.

Regards 
Keith

IP Logged

robert5988

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 9:10pm

I would rather go to the dentist weekly for an extraction without anaesthetic than join Telecom Plus.

Their modus operandi leaves much to be desired and it is about time they took notice of the judgements against them from the Advertising Standards Authority.

This disingenuous post, and the others you have posted on this site, is typical. 

I take it you have cleared your 'advert 'with the owner of this site?

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 11:10pm

The few calls that I would need to make on the mobile, would only last a few minutes at the most.  I have got 18866, and would use the London access number, followed by the mobile number, unless of course it's t mobile, which I have inclusive minutes for.

If I do phone friends on mobiles, it will be from my landline, and using my £15 worth of NTL credit.

And seeing as weekends would be the most popular time, I'm not paying £8 a month, for the privilege of 8p minnute calls, but I can see where a market for this would exist, and thanks for the info!!

IP Logged

ken_smith

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 6:50pm

If you use 1899 its a bit cheaper, 10p weekdays and 2p weekends for calling mobiles.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2004 at 7:58pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

nutellajunkie

[GURU MEDITATION]

Alba
Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2004 at 6:54pm

Quote:
Give me a call on 01775 761164 if you would like an application form.

I am an Authorised Distributor.

Regards  
Keith

Im sorry, like all "authorised distros" from the named company, I have to laugh.. the company sucks! And anyone trying to promote it needs help.

Can I have a P please bob?..

Call 0800/0808/0500 with no credit! True unlimited talk/text/data. PM for recipe.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge