Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Nationwide Building Society (Read 221,571 times)
Golf_Paul

KC Land
Re: Nationwide Building Society
Reply #135 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 11:55am

bazzerfewi wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 at 4:22am:
... a little crude but as always can I have your thoughts please.

My thought is that they will respond pretty quickly by disabling the 0800 number  Angry

That puts things back a few steps  Shocked

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #136 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:45am

I think Nationwide have realised that customers are not happy with 0845 numbers and that they have customers abroad, I have always used the 080030210 number if I couldn't find an alterntive.

I have found that this appears to be the best method -

Contact the main switch 0800 302010

Ask for the relevant department

Before you terminate the call ask for the direct dial 01 number because you cannot contact them via 0845 numbers or tell them that you need to access the service when you are abroad

Both methods have worked for me Smiley Grin

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #137 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:30pm

Being a Nationwide customer for over a year, I have never needed or wanted to call the 0800 number.

I have alway's used the 01793 number listed on their website and on the rear of my debit card.

As noted to bazzerfewi in a PM I also was surprised to see that Nationwide suggest calling the 01793 number for their automated telephone banking IF your call provider does not include 0845 calls in your calling package (this is pointed out in the leaflet describing how to use their telephone banking service)

No other bank I have ever used was that upfront about an alternative number and why it could be used.

I also not that unlike Alliance and Leicester (now Santander) who have an 0844 number Nationwide still use an 0845 number and display alternatives for MOST if not ALL departments.

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2011 at 10:31pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Mark_s

Derby
Nationwide Building Society.
Reply #138 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 6:44pm

You probably already know this but........Instead of the 0845 number on the rear of their bank/credit cards given for assistance use the standard rate number given instead for international enquiries.
Quicker to get through too as well. Smiley

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Nationwide Building Society.
Reply #139 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 6:59pm

Mark,

Firstly welcome to SayNotTo0870.com  Smiley

Indeed both Credit and Debit card Customer Services are listed on the back of the cards, and their site here: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/contact_us/telephone_numbers/telephone_numbers.htm

I have been very impressed with Nationwide on that basis alone, also you can type Nationwide in the Search on here  Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #140 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 8:06pm

CJT-80 wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 6:59pm:
I have been very impressed with Nationwide on that basis alone, also you can type Nationwide in the Search on here  Smiley

Nationwide Building Society has been discussed extensively in this forum, mainly for its decision to charge a premium by using Business Rate numbers for all its branches. I have joined this
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2011 at 8:36pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #141 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 8:51pm

Dave I have never had to call the branch direct, and having previously been with Abbey (now Santander), I was very glad to move to Nationwide.

I do appreciate they like other banks have their downfalls, but Santander make you call their overseas customer service, which is worse than useless!

I am an avid user of SayNoTo0870 as you are well aware, and am very pleased to see someone has worked out the 01793 alternative to the 0845 branch numbers.

When I left Santander I had to call an 055 number, of which I had NO idea of the calling cost.

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #142 - May 2nd, 2011 at 2:16pm

I have never paid to contact any service at Nationwide, the number to ring is 0800 302010 this is the main switchboard number.

Once you have been connected to the relevent department if you request the 01/02 number they will give out that number for further use.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #143 - May 3rd, 2011 at 3:23pm

CJT-80, if you check back on previous threads relating to Nationwide, you will see why many of us are so dissatisfied as their service has declined consistently since just before they switched to the 0845 numbers for branches, these two factors are why we moved most of our business away from them, I will say again that I have noticed with many organisations which move to 0845 their customer service declines as they move the number which to my mind is clear evidence that a move to 0845 indicates a m particular management mindset which puts the customer last.   I do accept Santander is absolutely diabolical from reports I've heard, when we changed banks we felt that, if they all have covert premium rate numbers, we might as well at least have better customer service.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #144 - May 6th, 2011 at 11:34pm

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #145 - May 7th, 2011 at 10:43pm

Good evening,

Maybe I stand alone in not having any issues so far with Nationwide. If that maybe the case then I am happy to say so. My only gripe along with millions of other customers was the change regarding the EU/Overseas card charges. However I have never needed to use my credit/debit card outside of the UK and frankly wouldn't. But that's a personal matter.

I have never yet had to raise a complaint against Nationwide, and I hope I never have to.

Much unlike the service from Tesco, National Rail and our lovely Traveline!

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge