Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Nationwide Building Society (Read 221,551 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Re: Nationwide BS - no not working
Reply #30 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 9:55am

Further to the previous post, I have discovered that NONE of the geo nos in the database other than the 01268 nos are any use for card services, all that anyone on the other nos can do is email card services and ask them to call you or try putting you through on the same no on which you have just failed.  On Monday, this is eventually what happened BUT it took the four and a half hours for them to phone me.   I pointed out that this would be no use to me if I was abroad and had a problem (their commission-free use being the great benefit abroad) and this was accepted.   I was told (1) Mondays are busy (2) there had been an error in people's bills so it was exceptionally busy.   Neither of these statements is true as I have being trying to get through again every day since then  as I needed to check something regarding my original request (also trying the Lost & Stolen no which customer service staff said they have to use sometimes when they can't get through!!) but with no success whatsoever, I am permanently on hold on both numbers.   I want to make a complaint but they have no email facility for this and the main switchboard seem unable to put me through to anyone in card services to take my complaint and main customer services cannot deal.   

Does anyone have any email link to someone in authority at Nationwide?  I have found somewhere on their website that the CE is Graham Beale but would be grateful for any guide on their email addresses.  I have always been impressed by Nationwide until now but this situation is an absolute disgrace.  If I had been abroad with my PAYG mobile and had a problem with my card, I could be in a dire situation.   Has anyone got any ideas?   Thanks.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #31 - Mar 20th, 2008 at 1:27pm

I am afraid in my experience that Nationwide are one of the most incompetent organisations that exist and since they have taken over the Portman Building Society they has got worse. I have looked for an email address for their C.E.O. but am unable to find one, however I believe their email addressses end ...'@nationwide.co.uk' so you can always try combination of his name before that. As you say it does not bode well if you are abroad and want help.

Sadly this is typical of most financial institutions that we have in this country. Perhaps the answer is to holiday in India and knock on the door of their call center!!!!!

Good luck

IP Logged

FLG

Reply #32 - Mar 29th, 2008 at 3:40pm

For Nationwide Credit Card services the number is

BASILDON 01268 567213.

They outsouce to First Data Resources for Credit Card Handling, much like many other banks do.

IP Logged

DesG

Reply #33 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 8:51pm

There have been reports of huge delays phoning Nationwide recently as they messed up and charged interest on the balances of those who pay off their balance in full and therefore shouldn't be charged interest.

I'm sure they will be back to normal (whatever that is) soon.

Cheers, Des.

~ Edited by Dave: Please do not use profanities, even with some of the letters swapped around.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2008 at 7:29am by Dave »  

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #34 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 9:48pm

As others have stated here, I also have had severe problems with Nationwide as a longstanding customer of over 17 years. When you make any complaint about their failures now they just brush them off and refuse to accept that your complaint is true. I have had to complain about their failures to honour the DD Guarantee, failure to calculate interest on savings accounts correctly, failures with their credit card accounts, failures to provide various other services, and also their failure to treat their longstanding and significant customers with any respect at all. Nationwide now treat all of their customers as cash cows who can either accept their nonchalant abuse or not as they choose. Their attitude, like so many financial institutions today, is if you don't like being treated as an insignificant customer like dirt on the wall then you know what you can do! They have even had the effrontery to write a letter to me claiming that they only have to abide by the DD Guarantee scheme until the payment has been made by them from your account; once they have made it then the DD Guarantee scheme does not apply! I have complained about this at the highest level in their complaints process and they just brush it off and refuse to treat the complaint seriously, still claiming that they have not broken the rules! Eventually if you try to insist on a resolution they cease to respond to your letters any longer and hope that you will go away and crawl under a stone somewhere.

I am currently moving the majority of my funds out of Nationwide, not the least because it is now too risky to have more than £35 000 invested with any banking/BS group registered as one entity with the FSA scheme. They clearly do not care whether they lose investment customers or not. This may change in the relatively near future of course, as things get more difficult with more defaulting mortgages, but for them it will now be too late. Customers will not forget their treatment at the hands of Nationwide. The only answer is to act with your feet. They will certainly not now pay any attention to you otherwise.

This is very sad in reality, since they used to be an example to most other financial institutions until about 5 or 6 years ago when the rot set in. It seems they have just become too successful and too big! I have complained consistently about their use of disguised Premium numbers for contact and no geographic number being given, for all their service departments including credit cards. They have persistently followed the lying routine that they receive no revenue from the use of these numbers, and that they are only charged at National or Local rates; even when I have persisted in explaining that this regurgitated rubbish was inappropriate any longer, and there were now no such designations, they will not accept anything which a customer states to them. Until enough customers leave them they will now never wake up to reality, and like the politicians, even then they will not be able to understand what they have done to cause this! As with all other large financial leviathans, it is the senior management who are to blame for these failures, just as is currently being observed with Northern Rock and UBS. Totally inadequate senior management leads to totally inadequate and eventually failing entities. If you look at the decline in customer service at Nationwide it correlates with the change to the current chief executive!
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2008 at 5:35pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Rapide561

Nationwide Building Society
Reply #35 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 4:43pm

Hi

The Nationwide have recently gone down the 08 road with the telephone numbers for their branches. I discovered this after looking on the Nationwide website for the local branch telephone number.

Please take a few moments to look in your local Yellow Pages and add as many Nationwide numbers to the database as possible.

Russell
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 10:43pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Re: Nationwide Building Society
Reply #36 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 5:11pm

Do the old numbers for the branches still work? Often these are disabled when an organisation goes over to 08 numbers.

Or are they replacing all branch numbers with a central call centre?

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #37 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 5:16pm

I see, each branch now has a so-called "branch prefix". This is prefixed by 0845 266 for the phone and 0845 586 for the fax number for the branch. It's therefore a suffix rather than a prefix (unless it's used for something other than phone numbers).

192.com still has the geographical numbers for branches, as will other directories online, assuming they still work. If someone can confirm they do, we can start collecting the numbers.

IP Logged

Rapide561

Reply #38 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 5:26pm

The geo number for the Barnsley branch still works - 01226 269000 vice 0845 2660820 per the Nationwide website.

I think it is worth collecting these numbers before 192.com etc start listing the new numbers.

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #39 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 7:41pm

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY, 10 CULVER STREET WEST, COLCHESTER, ESSEX CO1 1NN   01206 280 200

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY BUSINESS FINANCE, 10 CULVER STREET WEST, COLCHESTER, ESSEX CO1 1NN   01206 280 240

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY, 16 HIGH STREET, BRIGHTLINGSEA, ESSEX CO7 0AE   01206 289 100

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #40 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 11:34pm

I notice the branch finder on the Nationwide website is actually on the Multimap website:
http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=nationwide_02

I wonder whether this is something Multimap have decided to do without Nationwide's knowledge, in a similar way to the restaurant guides that features a year or two ago? Or could it be a deal Nationwide did with them: Multimap are allowed to use 0845 forwarding numbers to pay for the map service.

Has anyone seen the 0845 numbers in use on any literature from Nationwide?

I think anyone who's a Nationwide customer should bring this matter up. They are a bit more customer-friendly than the big banks, so may listen, particularly if it's something Multimap have decided to do.

IP Logged

reserved

East Sussex
Reply #41 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 9:43am

I have just got a receipt from the Uckfield (East Sussex) branch which gives a geographic number 01825 771900 although the Nationwide website gives 0845 266 1343.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #42 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 11:24am

I was very angry & alarmed to see this thread, it seems Nationwide is going the same way as all the other disgraceful financial institutions and phone nos were one reason why we left HSBC.

I have this morning rung my local branch on 01799 569800 (9 Market Walk, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1JZ) and the no worked.  The lady I spoke to had not heard anything about 0845 but spoke to the manager who had heard brnach numbers would change but not to what!

I then tried ringing their main no and after ages going round in circles (best no 01793 656000, ask for operator & input no data), I did speak to a girl I believe called Kylie who said they weren't going to 0845 but already were as one should phone the call centre as branches were busy(!!) and it was a local rate call.  As I began to explain this was NOT the case, she hung up on me.   Have now also logged complaint with senior supervisor/manager.   The Senior Supervisor was initially unaware of this change but now confirms that they are changing the platform for branch numbers and will be switching off all geo branch nos by June 2009 starting soon.   Apparently the only way to contact a branch without using 0845 after next June will be via Nationwide's swichboard!   I have also spoken to a manager who again trotted out the "local rate" rubbish - I put him right.  I have expressed my absolute disgust with this situation and referred them to this website on which there are many posts praising Nationaide for its use of geo nos, particularly for branches . 

I also intend to email a complaint to their Chief Executive & will post his details here when I have done this.

I also  think we should help each other out by seeking a reliable bank/building society which does still have geo nos for its branches and is easy to contact.  Nationwide have also introduced a rubbish new menu where a woman's voice asks you about your query, I said enquiry re branch phone numbers & was transferred to home insurance.   A ploy to keep me hanging on as long as possible?!   My call via their switchboard lasted over 30 minutes - if I had dialled 0845, a very expensive complaint.

IP Logged

Rapide561

Reply #43 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:25pm

Hi

Well at least there is time to get as many numbers as possible from the phone books etc before these numbers "vanish".

When I phone Nationwide's head office, I always use 01793 456789

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #44 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:58pm

Barbara wrote on Dec 16th, 2008 at 11:24am:
I was very angry & alarmed to see this thread, it seems Nationwide is going the same way as all the other disgraceful financial institutions and phone nos were one reason why we left HSBC.

I have this morning rung my local branch on 01799 569800 (9 Market Walk, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1JZ) and the no worked.  The lady I spoke to had not heard anything about 0845 but spoke to the manager who had heard brnach numbers would change but not to what!

I then tried ringing their main no and after ages going round in circles (best no 01793 656000, ask for operator & input no data), I did speak to a girl I believe called Kylie who said they weren't going to 0845 but already were as one should phone the call centre as branches were busy(!!) and it was a local rate call.  As I began to explain this was NOT the case, she hung up on me.   Have now also logged complaint with senior supervisor/manager.   The Senior Supervisor was initially unaware of this change but now confirms that they are changing the platform for branch numbers and will be switching off all geo branch nos by June 2009 starting soon.   Apparently the only way to contact a branch without using 0845 after next June will be via Nationwide's swichboard!   I have also spoken to a manager who again trotted out the "local rate" rubbish - I put him right.  I have expressed my absolute disgust with this situation and referred them to this website on which there are many posts praising Nationaide for its use of geo nos, particularly for branches .  

I also intend to email a complaint to their Chief Executive & will post his details here when I have done this.

I also  think we should help each other out by seeking a reliable bank/building society which does still have geo nos for its branches and is easy to contact.  Nationwide have also introduced a rubbish new menu where a woman's voice asks you about your query, I said enquiry re branch phone numbers & was transferred to home insurance.   A ploy to keep me hanging on as long as possible?!   My call via their switchboard lasted over 30 minutes - if I had dialled 0845, a very expensive complaint.

Interstingly, talking about 'local calls'. When you look 'on line' to see your BT account, you can see what calls you have made and guess what? There are two headings, one 'other calls' and (yes you have guessed right) , the other is 'local calls'.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 10:43pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge