Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How long to verify a number? (Read 46,399 times)
omy

I came - I saw - I went
home.

Re: How long to verify a number?
Reply #15 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 6:21pm

Pauld, if the invective had been directed at YOU, would the 'apology' that you say DaveM made have satisfied you?? I think not.
Heinz was correct, the Tony Blair school of apology, and Heinz was one of those who saw the original post and demanded an apology immediately - which was not forthcoming.
However it is over - til' the next time, I suppose.

IP Logged

exmodel

Peacehaven, East Sussex
Reply #16 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 7:26pm

Yeah OMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...as for the santimonious Pauld...do us a favour and get stuffed mate!!! Rubbish isn't what we want to here, just a clear apology to OMY.

He/she stated his/her case clearly and deserves the apology from the orignial perpetrator who decided on his own behalf to not only alter, but to modifiy his tracks thus covering up his oiriginal sin!!!! Which I might add the other moderator has since admitted!

I agree with the notion of getting on with battling the conglamerates and not  amongst us!!!But at the same time if you ain't got nothing to say intelligent then please shut up!! ENOUGH SAID!!!

OMY has/had a valid point which should be addressed properly and until then this sight remains sceptical at most!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Amen!
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2006 at 8:37am by Forum Admin »  

IP Logged

exmodel

Peacehaven, East Sussex
Reply #17 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 7:37pm

Quote:
As to the adverts - what's the problem?  You are not forced to follow any link.  And be thankful that they are not pop-ups!!

Well said pauld (aka nit picker deluxe) well what do you expect from someone in Wales? ROFL?

As far as I can see the end of lists adverts are there to supposedly support this site...so answer that one oh great Obi wan Kenaobi!!!??? Or are you soooooooo cheap as to not want to support the site in the first place??? Considering you alledged devotion..........

put up or please shut up!

IP Logged

exmodel

Peacehaven, East Sussex
Reply #18 - Sep 29th, 2004 at 7:50pm

How long to verify a number??????????...by the time any one reads this thread about as long as a piece of string! Apologies sought, apologies missed...some cretins adding their own insight and some intelligent people adding theirs!!

Time to get back to the scheme of thing before people start to really get nasty on this thread okay? I proppose some sort of truce..at least for the time being...okay girls& guys!!!??

No matter what our differences we are ALL her to save some dosh at the end of the day without petty  differences interfering. Wee or Noi??? Set your differences aside and look at the savings we have ALL made..then be happy! OK?

IP Logged

robinp

Hampshire
Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 10:37am

exmodel, It seems to me by the tone of your last 4 posts that you are not shy with outbursts of insulting talk. You never give up, do you!! It wouldn't surprise me that you are an employee of one of the sites selling 0870 numbers trying to stir up trouble for this very good & helpful site. Now you can have a go at me with your invectives, since you seem to enjoy doing just that. As for DaveM he spends a lot of time working for this site, and he's helped me out several times. But as I said maybe that's your gameplan to wreck the site by attempting to get rid of one of the main contributors to it. And yes I did read the original unmodified post from DaveM. Why don't you just lay off & post something constructive instead of acting like a s..t disturber!!!

robinp

IP Logged

exmodel

Peacehaven, East Sussex
Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 12:01pm

Point taken and many apologies to anyone I may have upset. Oh and by the way as I am retired and have been for the past 17 years that hardly qualifies me as an employee of any of those 0870 companies...LOL.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #21 - May 18th, 2005 at 9:37am

Quote:
Well said pauld (aka nit picker deluxe) well what do you expect from someone in Wales? ROFL?

What's wrong with living in Wales? Angry

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2005 at 1:52pm

Quote:
DaveM - You really do seem to have a problem, warped mind or not!
However I still reckon people will think twice about adding to this site discussions if they never know when you are going to 'sound off'.
Also very neat to amend the previous post so that nobody coming on the discussion now will realise what ACTUALLY went before.  I know now that I am not alone in thinking you are unfit for the Moderator position until you can curb your anger.

omy,

I think what you have been subjected to is quite inexcusable and your original query was more than justified given the huge logjam in numbers getting verified quickly.  Also the lead time is a lot more than 2 or 3 weeks in my opinion.  Its really more like 2 or 3 months.

The problem is that the two Daves and Daniel want to keep this site as their baby and are jealous of letting anyone else in through the front door to help them.

There are lots of us willing to help but do they organise a get together in a pub to get to know the other main site supporters, or do they encourage those who have posted the most here in the forum to join them in the number checking process.  No they do not.

So then they feel they are martyrs and that no one else's views are as valuable as their own.

What they really need to do is to get commerical sponsorship from someone like 1899 or 18866 to start paying a person or two to verify these numbers on a more commercial basis.  Obviously the more geographic numbers this site has the more people will use 1899 and 18866 and the more their business will grow.

But the owner of this site hardly ever makes a post now and the two Daves just seem to do more or less as they please although its only really one of the two Daves who seems to have the big chip on his shoulder.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #23 - May 20th, 2005 at 2:46pm

Quote:
The problem is that the two Daves and Daniel want to keep this site as their baby and are jealous of letting anyone else in through the front door to help them.

What tosh you speak! I was asked to be a moderator and number checker by Daniel.

As for DaveM...
Quote:
Reggie
: Sorry but it's Daniels baby - I just lend a hand, & throw in an occasional controversial post
(
tic
)

Quote:
There are lots of us willing to help but do they organise a get together in a pub to get to know the other main site supporters, or do they encourage those who have posted the most here in the forum to join them in the number checking process.  No they do not.

There are a number of regular contributers, including yourself who I, personally, would like to see on board checking numbers and doing other tasks to maintain the campaign. I have posted my own views on what we should do with the site in How can we improve Saynoto0870?

I have recently put an introduction to the rip-off in the Geographical Chat section, as well as some information on pricing and UK numbering. This is the sort of information I feel that the site is lacking. The forum discusses these topics, but threads get pushed down and the 'meat' (such as what the scam is about) that passing visitors and new members are after is hard to find. The fact that this sort of information isn't the easiest to find may mean that some will simply go away.

Quote:
So then they feel they are martyrs and that no one else's views are as valuable as their own.
But the owner of this site hardly ever makes a post now and the two Daves just seem to do more or less as they please...

What are you talking about? When have I stopped you putting your views on the site? I've deleted/moved a few posts/threads to tidy the place up.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2005 at 3:12pm

Dave,

My previous post was possibly a little in haste having belatedly seen the very unfair way omy was treated while ago by the other Dave.  It is rather unfortunate that you and he share the same first name as it makes it rather difficult for the rest of us to remember which of you is which?  Have you ever considered adopting a forum pseudonym to make life easier.  I believe it happens a lot in the telesales world.

Also on checking the unverified numbers section today I was a little annoyed to see my TopUpTv entry merely deleted since that number has now also gone from Directory Enquiries and I didn't keep a copy for myself.   I was told that adding it to Verified section might be difficult but I don't see why as long as it had been listed as the marketing, finance and management office of TopUpTv and not the customer service centre?

You Say Daniel asked you and the other two Daves to help out but he doesn't now seem to ask anyone else to do so or participate much in the forum himself.

A social get together has to be the answer as then he would get to meet the other regulars and size them up and see if they were likely to be of any use to the forum.

I would presume that you and the other Dave knew Daniel previously outside of the forum/website which is why he asked you to get involved?  It seems rather a shame that other keen forum members tend to find it rather difficult to become equally involved.

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2005 at 5:39pm

Quote:

I'm still wating to hear what's wrong with being in Wales Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2005 at 5:46pm

Quote:
I'm still wating to hear what's wrong with being in Wales Angry Angry Angry

You mean you don't know. Wink

IP Logged

Foxy

Essex
Ignoring Geographical Alternatives!!!!
Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 11:09am

Hi. I've posted a fair few geographical alternative numbers for UGC/Cineworld Cinemas that I know work on two separate occasions and they have never been posted on the main search engine. Could anyone explain why please?

Also what do we do when we find an out of date alternative phone number link, because I've found quite a few now.

Thanks.

Foxy.

Deals, Deals, Deals!!!

IP Logged

trevord

West Sussex, UK
Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 12:45pm

I know Dave & DaveM obviously put a lot of work into this site in their own time, and must have limited time available - And
many thanks
to them for all the time they obviously do spend on this.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful to have some understanding of how / when numbers are verified / moved / deleted / etc..

Two different people (Foxy & nkitson - sorry, haven't worked out how to link to individual messages) have today raised similar issues, and rather than just move Foxy's post to another thread posing related unanswered questions, it would be helpful to see some kind of response, PLEASE.

Otherwise, people get discouraged from contributing and/or people's time is wasted trying numbers known to be no longer in use, etc..

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 12:51pm

People have given offers to help out with the number checking in the past but effectively they are only met with luke warm enthusiasm.

Basically the numbers remain in the Unverified list forever as far as I can see unless people complain about them remaining there or it is one that Dave, DaveM or Daniel themselves care about.

You can accesss the Unverified List via the non obvious "List Unverified Entries" button at the bottom of the "Search to Find an Alternative Number" page.  This is a big list so anyone using dial up is not going to be very happy.

It would be good to have a statement from Daniel on this matter.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge