Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Get your own 0870 number, which provider? (Read 42,618 times)
Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: Get your own 0870 number, which provider?
Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 5:01pm

0871 costs a flat 10p minute to call at all times, whereas 0870 costs 8p days, 4p evenings, and 2p weekends.

Most providers won't pay any revenue for 0870 calls in the evenings, or weekends.  0871 however, some providers actually pay a higher rate for evenings and weekends.

So, if you're wanting companies to call you during the evening, and you work all day, it might be better to go for an 0871 number, as you wouldn't get much from 0870 numbers.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

jstyles

Nothin' more useless than
runway behind you !

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 2:30pm

Thanks, Shiggaddi

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2005 at 12:33am

Whilst they may not be he cheapest (for setup costs), I notice UK2Numbers have dropped their prices. 0870s now start from £9.95, whereas they used to be £39.95. They have also dropped their monthly usage requirement from 30 minutes to 5 minutes. See terms and conditions para 2.1.8.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2005 at 7:03am

The cheapest provider of 0870/0871 on tne market at the moment appears to be call 08. Free connection,No rental.No annual payment,Choice of numbers.(They sometimes advertise on this site.)

www.call08.com

BJ.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2005 at 9:04pm

Just studied the call08 site.

Looks very good.  I already have an 0871 number from twplc, but realised it was a mistake because:

They only pay out if you have £5 worth of calls.  My useage was way below that.

If I should ever want to move house, or change my number, then charge about £14 to change the target number!!

I have given the number out to a few companies, and had a few calls, but obviously not received anything from it.

Therefore with call08, is there a minimum payout, and if so, if you fail to reach that, is it rolled over each month until you reach their minimum level, or do you sacrifice the payments?

Also, are residential customers allowed to use the service?

On the subject of minimum payout, is there a minimum useage?

Also, are there any charges if you decide to change your landline number, meaning you want to re-route your 0870 number?

Anyone on this board who has had dealings with them, I'd welcome any answers on these.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2005 at 6:54am

I use them for my Freephone 0800 number.I have never had any problems with them.I dont know if it helps but you can download there terms and conditions from the website.Give them a call on 0800 161 3876 to clarify any questions you might have.

BJ.

IP Logged

Martin_S

Reply #21 - May 23rd, 2005 at 9:13pm

Shiggaddi, did you find out any more info? I would call them now myself but its a bit late at 9pm! I have half signed up but I am thinking the deal is too good to be true to complete the page???!...
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2005 at 9:14pm by Martin_S »  

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2005 at 5:28am

If its any help i know a number of people that use there 0800 service and they have not experienced any problems with them.

Out of interest what do you want your number for? If you dont want to make a lot of money from it, you can get free 0844/0870/0871 numbers, and set them up straight away today from Ace Internet.You can even choose to have it go through to voicemail on your pc.So you can be selective as to who you answer.When you fill in the order form just put for personal use in the box which asks the name of your company.Its all free.

www.aceinternet.co.uk       Then select Telecom Services
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2005 at 5:44am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

IAVOID0870

South East
Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 11:41pm

Dave wrote on Oct 14th, 2004 at 11:54pm:
Quote:
Hi Dave,

You seem to be determined to get the best deal. We are a reseller for UK2 Numbers, and if you wish you can contact them directly and say UK0870.co.uk recommended you. They will give you a free 0870/0871 and the full rebate they pay other clients as well.

Just say your name is Dave from Saynoto0870.

I've just got a free 0870 number from UK2Numbers. Thanks to UK0870 for referring me.   8)

Have you still got this then Dave ? have you earnt anything ?

IAVOID0870

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #24 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 7:54am

IAVOID0870 wrote on Oct 18th, 2006 at 11:41pm:
Have you still got this then Dave ? have you earnt anything ?

Yes I still have it and I've earned a £2 !

IP Logged

ThisWebsiteIsAScam

Or Why Did NGM Leave SayNoTo0870.com

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #25 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:46am

Nobody on this site should get an 084/7 number because by doing so you only make matters worse by ensuring that the middle men in the industry like BT and RoboTelecom yet further increase their bank balances with the enchanced earnings they get on every 084/7 NTS call that is originated/terminated on their network.  You may possibly get a tiny amount of revenue yourself (although the free 0870 numbers you can get generally don't pay you anything but just offer free call redirection to landlines of your choice) but you absolutely will be adding to the overall coffers of the 084/7 scammers.

Personally I prefer to lead by examply by only ever giving usualluy my landline or occasionally my mobile phonenumber depending on where I need to be contacted.  If we simply join the scam ourselves we have lost all of the moral high ground (something which I think Daniel the forum owner himself often misses the point on with certain prominent banner adds for sites like www.winthecash.couk/GrabAGrand that have recently featured on this website)

As to thinking people in these call centres know or care you are giving them an 0870/1 number most call centre staff seem to be sufficently brain dead that they don't have the intellectual capacity to understand what the whole 0870/1 scam is about in the first place.  I suppose their directors may possibly eventually notice the irony if they find a lot of 0870/1 calls on their own outgoing phone bill to customers though.

In any event when staff in these call centres offer to call you back they are usually trying to do you a favour and are not responsible for the 0870/1 number existing themselves.  Whereas you giving them an 0870/1 number tends to make you look every bit as bad as them the call centre.

Well those are my views on the matter.

NGM

IP Logged

kk

Reply #26 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 9:21am

I agree with the last post.  It is totally absurd for anybody who genuinely believes in the evil nature of 0871, 0870, 0845 and 0844 (and 070) to contemplate acquiring one.  To use them, is to support them.

If you wish to make money, be honest, and get an “09" number.

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2006 at 9:29am by kk »  

KK

IP Logged

Telecoms Guru

Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 7:54pm

A good supplier of 0870 Numbers is Phonenumbers4u there good as theres NO re-direction charges or cancellation charges that with some providers can be as high as £30+ a time.

The address is www.Phonenumbers4u.co.uk

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge